Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mush\Mud Server needs Admins and Players :)

Options
  • 29-11-2000 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

OK Guys, I am thinking of setting up a Mud\Mush server untill I can get the UO server set up... Any interest??

For all your Gaming Needs:
    Netshop Games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yeah ok i will give it a try if someon teaches me./me looks to logic. wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Love it :-)

take it that it will be a lovely textual MuD :-)

quests? or shall it be another blackfire ? :-) Kill kill Xp level reached Kill Kill Xp level reached :-)
    Kewl... what MUD engine are you thinking of using? or shall you just be making up your own one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

I know around three (3) (III) people that would be really interested in playing a MUD.

Lord knows it's the only thing we can do in work on these **** comps.

-Son of Blam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

muds are a good laugh,but you need proper quests as khan said.

blackfire just got sooo boring.
    also in blackfir the high level charcters used to get cool equipment etc and give it to the low level charcters.although that was very nice of them,it kind of defeated the point of players advancing and earning such equipment and items for themselves.

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

Originally posted by Da'Bounca:
    muds are a good laugh,but you need proper quests as khan said.

blackfire just got sooo boring.
    also in blackfir the high level charcters used to get cool equipment etc and give it to the low level charcters.although that was very nice of them,it kind of defeated the point of players advancing and earning such equipment and items for themselves.

Black fire was a joke ... you could just put on a loop script and your char would play away by him self :-)

Think I still have a level 35 Rogue on blackfire :-)

Well I can get you a good few players from the Games Society here in UL... ( although I can't vouch for their sanity, they spent SoUL week running around playing Sega Lockon :-)

although if you are looking for Admins I'm free I spent my days in UL here check out PA and just sitting on Boards :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

At the moment I LITERALLY have a blank world.. Nothing set up at ALL yet...

So it will really be whatever we make it smile.gif

Gamb

For all your Gaming Needs:
    Netshop Games

[This message has been edited by Gambler (edited 30-11-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

sure im up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Here Gam tell me if u have any more info on that will u please that would be great if u would. thanks crash smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

count me in matey :-)

i ahve no idea how to play, but im sure after you all rap0re my ass for a few weeks i'll soon learn..

and besides i only want to be able to rape kharns ass :-)

hehehe MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

whats the story then,is this MUD going to happen?

• Advertisement

Yep, I have the server up and am currently looking for wizards to build the world (at the moment there is a room. It is very dark. That is literaly the entire mud world smile.gif

Let me know if you have ever used a mush before and have even a basic idea of Mush World-Building smile.gif

Gambler

MUSH what are we dogs :-)

could be worse could be a Moo or MuX ... just off to visith the Moo for a while

I'm really getting up into this MuX

I prefer muds really ... MUSH are all wizzie based ... where's the random acts of senseless violence
    but anything this means
    'Multi-User Shared Hallucination'
    can't be too bad :-) hehehe but don't you think a MUSH is a bit too much to start off with :-) and a connection addy would be nice code you up a nice box :-)

[This message has been edited by Lord Khan (edited 17-12-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I'm up for it man...
    Count me in...

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Horny

ok this'll make me sound stupid but wot iz mush/mud if its a budget game i can buy cheap i'm up 4 it smile.gif

Horny -> T'is FREE!!! all you need is a telnet client :-)

Only prob with that is that it has NO Graphics at all.. we are talking Text based Gaming at its most hard-core :-)

Gambler

For all your Gaming needs:
    http://games.netshop.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Horny

oh in that case i'm always willing to try somthin new smile.gif

(sounding even more stupid)wots a telnet client confused.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

yeah what is a telnet client?! id give it a go too,i remember playin text adventures on my old atari ST,great stuff. see now if todays kids played text adventures instead of duke nukem and doom etc......... biggrin.gif

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

mud ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

omg, all these people saying 'Whats a mud'...if only you knew what your about to get yerself into smile.gif
    Gambler, if your just setting it up for the craic, theres a sh1tload of stock DIKU zones out there , that can be put into a naked diku engine straight away. Just tweak the weapons and things to match your limits and ye have instant mud smile.gif
    Is there a box up with a login address?

*edit* I know some of the guys here used to play Valhalla. Well theres a nice new mud based on the VME (Diku II) with some interesting guild and racial ideas -
    ravennar.com 4242
    Gambler, you should have a look at the VME, its the best engine out there.

[This message has been edited by Dustaz (edited 04-01-2001).]

MUD = Multi User Dimension
    I think thats it ,isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Da'Bounca:
    MUD = Multi User Dimension
    I think thats it ,isnt it?
    </font>

That's it. It also stands for Multi User Dungeon.

What is the story with this idea anyway. Is it up and running or still in the planning stages.

Win95/98/ME: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
    to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor
    written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

[This message has been edited by Keeks (edited 09-01-2001).]

Yes it is still happening, I am trying out different engines and stuff.. Will gaive you more info as and when smile.gif

are u doing all this on your own gambler, do u need any help like?

An offer of help completely un-provoked by me or anyone I know? OMFG!! I would love some help m8 :-)

Give me a shout by e-mail and I'll get you access to help me set it up smile.gif

Gamb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gambler:
    An offer of help completely un-provoked by me or anyone I know? OMFG!! I would love some help m8 :-)

Give me a shout by e-mail and I'll get you access to help me set it up smile.gif

Gamb

</font>

:-P some of the rest of us offered ages ago :grin:

last MUD i ran was here in UL and I kill -9 it after everybody use just meet in the same room and try and kill each other "attack everybody" ... had more PK's in 10 minutes than some MUD's have in years

Cavern, Waterfall?? "You are in a Dark Room" Is all I got, yours sounds much better than mine smile.gif

Seriously though.. Do any of you lot have a favourite engine I can download and you are all comfortable with?

Gamb

there are hundreds of engines around

but please please please not DikuMUD or SKmud those are really annoying to start of
    on big training arena and some how very little interaction

Circlemud is the most common and pretty nice to use for starting up.

although some servers like blackfire just have straightforward RPG no quests though and PK'ing, just logged back into blackfire atm and haven't been there in over a year and found my char is still alive and well :-)
    well gonna keep playing with him now I know he is alive

Hithras the Quick-Blade.
    Minotaur, Level 17/17 Rogue 52 years old

Hitpoints [ 247/362 ] Percent: [****** ]
    Mana [ 146/146 ] Percent: [**********]
    Movement [ 269/269 ] You are in: [ LPK area]

Str: [16] NPKs - [ 0] MDeaths - [ 16]
    Dex: [15] CPKs - [ 0] PDeaths - [ 1]
    Con: [16] Kills - [ 1164] QuestPK - [ 0]
    Int: [14] Hitroll - [ 22] AC - [ 32]
    Wis: [13] Damroll - [ 12] BountyP - [ 0]
    Sta: [13]

Crowns [ 12,904] Practices [ 0]
    Phase [ Anybody] Items Carried [ 19/ 20]
    Summon [ Anybody] Weight Carried [101/195]
    Form [ Anybody] Hours played [ 67]
    Current XP 12,582,469 XP to Level 2,417,531
    You are neutral with tendencies toward good
    You are resting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I'd be willing to have a go at it.

Not sure about any engine but
    http://imaginaryrealities.imaginary.com/index.html has some good articles and links about makeing and running a mud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

Yeah, Diku II (VME) is by far the best, as was already mentioned.
    And I have the most insane mud zone known to mankind coded up for it. Valhalla wouldn't take it coz it had too much dil code (and was buggy as fúck). I'll upload the zone (500k) to the web so ye can have a look. It has so much funny stuff in it, pity it never saw the light of day. Here's a sample:
    dilbegin recall aware ebola_death();
    var     chance          : integer;
            incubation_time : integer;
            cough           : integer;
            current         : unitptr;
    code
    {
    :init:
    incubation_time:=20;
    heartbeat:=PULSE_SEC*10;

:start:
    cough:= interrupt(SFB_CMD,(command("cough") and (activator == self)), cough);
    wait(SFB_TICK,TRUE);
    if (incubation_time&lt;=0)
    {
    goto full_blown;
    }
    chance:=rnd(1,5);
    if (chance==1)
    {
    act("You feel hot and uncomfortable.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    act("$1n looks hot and uncomfortable.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_REST);
    }
    if (chance==2)
    {
    act("An itching cough forces you to clear your throat with no success.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    act("$1n clears his throat and looks slightly irritated. Is something wrong?",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_REST);
    }
    if (chance==3)
    {
    act("Your hands tremble violently and you feel terribly weak.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    act("$1n covers his hands trying to control their trembling. $1e looks small and weak.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_REST);
    }
    if (chance==4)
    {
    act("Your eyes water and your vision blurrs. You are uncertain of your surroundings.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    act("$1n's eyes water, $1e looks around uncertainly.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_REST);
    }
    if (chance==5)
    {
    act("Your head aches painfully and you feel as if you're losing your balance.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    act("$1n clutches $1s head with a pained expression. $1e sways unsteadily on $1s feet.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_REST);
    }
    incubation_time:=incubation_time-1;
    goto start;

:full_blown:
    heartbeat:=PULSE_SEC*60;
    act("Your skin becomes &crb&cwl&cro&cwt&crc&cwh&cry&cw, &crred&cw and sore.",
    A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    pause;
    act("You cough violently and painfully, you can feel your &cblungs &crbleeding&cw and breaking up.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    act("Bits of your &cblungs&cw are mixed in with the &crblood&cw that spews from your "+
        "mouth as you cough all over those around you.", A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    pause;
    act("A massive &c+bthrobbing migrane&cw builds up in your skull.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    pause;
    act("Your temperature soars and you start to &crburn up&cw, you start to sweat profusely.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    pause;
    act("Pustules of horrible yellow gunk break out all over your body.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    pause;
    act("You fall over from weakness and exhaustion.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    self.position:=POSITION_RESTING;
    position_update(self);
    pause;
    act("The pustules burst, spraying horrible yellow pus all over you.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    pause;
    goto spread;
    :killem:
    if (self.hp&lt;10)
    {
    self.hp:=0;
    self.position:=POSITION_INCAP;
    }
    else
    {
    self.hp:=self.hp/2;
    }
    goto full_blown;

:spread:
    act("$1n painfully coughs up some &crblood&cw.",A_SOMEONE,self,null,null,TO_ROOM);
    act("Your lungs ache as you cough up &crblood&cw.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    foreach (UNIT_ST_PC|UNIT_ST_NPC,current)
    {
    chance:=rnd(1,100);
    if (current!=self)
            {
            if (chance&lt;=5)
            {
            dilcopy("ebola_death@orczone",current);
            act("As $1n coughs some globules of $1s &crblood&cw land on your skin.",
            A_SOMEONE,self,null,current,TO_VICT);
            act("You wipe &crblood&cw and grey &cblung&cw matter off yourself, how disgusting.",
            A_SOMEONE,self,null,current,TO_VICT);
            act("As $1n coughs some globules of $1s &crblood&cw land on $3n's skin.",
            A_SOMEONE,self,null,current,TO_NOTVICT);
            act("$3n wipes &crblood&cw and grey &cblung&cw matter off $3mself, how disgusting.",
            A_SOMEONE,self,null,current,TO_NOTVICT);
            act("As you cough some globules of your &crblood&cw land on $3n's skin.",
            A_SOMEONE,self,null,current,TO_CHAR);
            act("$3n wipes &crblood&cw and grey &cblung&cw matter off $3mself, how disgusting.",
            A_SOMEONE,self,null,current,TO_CHAR);
            }
            }
    }
    goto killem;

:cough:
    act("$1n painfully coughs up some &crblood&cw.",A_SOMEONE,self,null,null,TO_ROOM);
    act("Your lungs ache as you cough up &crblood&cw.",A_ALWAYS,self,null,null,TO_CHAR);
    goto start;
    }
    dilend

[This message has been edited by Void (edited 12-01-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Decay

Sounds like fun...count me in i take it that we are talking along the lines of "You are in a dark cavern and in the distance a waterfall glitters like a thousand jewels" type stuff?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement