Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never forget

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭celingfan

Ah the hist you see thy are more sneaky they give you free booze and in freshers week that is good but little to the freshers realise that you can just walk in and get drunk for free and tell stories about coke and heroin parties afterwards to the freshers great fun
    And as far as i know there does be some ravenous coke parties by the heads of the phil hist and csc but you didn't hear that from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dear loard TOm you where chairman of Gamers? Christ. You recon anyone would still knwo you in there? Is that how yourself and regi met? Gamers is grand, Some pretty sound people, and chicks go to gamers. That said the average gamer is abite sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

--me been away for the day, not on to delete celing fan's posts
    banning would be a bit harsh, and if ye could avoid the general insulting people's socities, sure u can argue they are all geeks, but LOOSERS, thats purely a subjective thing. Never know who u'd piss off, anyway any more posts insulting people and they shall be delete'd plus a lil ole ban.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

celingfan wrote:
    Ah the hist you see thy are more sneaky they give you free booze and in freshers week that is good but little to the freshers realise that you can just walk in and get drunk for free and tell stories about coke and heroin parties afterwards to the freshers great fun
    And as far as i know there does be some ravenous coke parties by the heads of the phil hist and csc but you didn't hear that from me.
    Ahahah this is class, now do police chief wiggum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

so i should be warned about being lured in, yeah? and to think id contemplated joing phil. well if its as snobby and pompous as yous described, i might give it a miss... i suppose i shouldnt judge them all tho

why do you keep saying; you dont know who'd be on these boards, or who you'd piss off? are there members that are lecturers/tutors or something.....? why the cause for concern?

• Advertisement

RuggerChick: boards is a very well read site, and highly well known (very disturbing when you find out a friend of your fathers is in fact a member :rolleyes:) and boards like this and other boards that relate to a particular business/foundation/community will generally draw attention from someone there. so i'd say there will be a few lecturers/tutors etc. reading this at some stage or another.

okie doke! thanks 4 the warning lol, in case i decide to badmouth some1 or something. although thatd involve actually knowing someone from trinity tho...

but sure how wud they no who u are?

well there are a few ways. one is that theres invariably a post somewhere where someoen gets referred to by their full name.

ah yes i see now. i dont know any of your names, and no one know's mine

• Advertisement

SkyLynx wrote:
    --me been away for the day, not on to delete celing fan's posts
    banning would be a bit harsh, and if ye could avoid the general insulting people's socities, sure u can argue they are all geeks, but LOOSERS, thats purely a subjective thing. Never know who u'd piss off, anyway any more posts insulting people and they shall be delete'd plus a lil ole ban.....

Understood no more offensive comments about the gamers just the odd mention of the plastic sword thing may happen cause its so funny,anyway i've moved on DUBES (WNP first prize goes to who guesseswhat that stands for!!!!) they are the archetypal nemisis of celing fan the arts student now im not going to pick on all of them just the holier than thou OOOOOOOOHHHHH MMMMYYYYY GGGGOOOOODDD type people they are the devil
    Wait till freshers week +1 the freshers arts show where they go around dresses in those sultry mini skirts tryin to out do each other
    I LOVE IT i'll be out side the arts brok sun rain or storm spectating on this arrousing spectale,
    wow kinda got off the point on the whole DUBES (WNP) thing i 'll get back to that some other time.

crash_000 wrote:
    so i'd say there will be a few lecturers/tutors etc. reading this at some stage or another.

This one goes out o my tutor. Your a tosser of the nth degree... that is all.

dublin university business+economics society?

boston, couldnt you use something else except spa? i hate that word

I hate the Guy.

Hrm i love stirring ****e.

yeah i know lol im sensing the hatred lol, but its like wen ppl call each other retards it just really pisses me off.
    im realising now u said to guess what wnp stands for, not dubes... alas i didnt cop it

lol ok celingfan, i guess ur right, it could be worse...!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Boston wrote:
    This one goes out o my tutor. Your a tosser of the nth degree... that is all.
    what he said

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

a friend dragged me into the gmb once during freshers week for the promised free beer from the phil and there was none left :mad: it put me off the phil for life. we did get free smoothies from the hist so so that totally made up for it ;)

• Advertisement

ooooh smoothies :) sounds good 2 me!

celingfan wrote:
    Hrm i love stirring ****e.

as you can see in my initial post i said this would get me in trouble as yes i was correct .

you have a big thing about being right dont ya lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Drapain

Hey man, i'm a chick in gamers. and while there's not many in trinity, there's a crap load in dublin. moreover, gamers do get down, if you want proof go to a pub after a con. And running around with giant fake swords and playing giant janga is one of the most fun-filled acts one can engage in, in frount square. the fact you think it aint, means you havent tryed.

also, how'd (who ever it was) get sci-fi into a large soc. At present there status is shakey. love to here ideas.

Thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Sci-fi is a large soc because they basically just show films now. And very few of them are sci-fi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

well excuse me. i don't really remember dublin university rock nostalgia society doing along of nostalgia type stuff. unless drinking bottles of biere de france, listening to ANY type of music and watching films counts as nostalgia. well actually i suppose it does. that was a powerful argument.

No, we don't do any rock nostalgia type things. Like Woodstock Wednesday. Or the hours upon hours of listening to the Kinks. And all the films we show are rock related (Dazed and Confused, Spinal Tap, Wayne's World). And the society constitution does specify that musically we're meant to represent ANY type of music.

Closest sci-fi get to sci-fi is using a big sci-fi encyclopedia to prop their door open.

what about the extensive sci fi book library?
    every sci fi dvd of note is in their collection?
    what about all the nerds. aren't they sci fi enough for ya?
    they have star wars toys.

Meh, I've still to see them advertise an event that was sci-fi related. And they've never offered to play Star Wars with me.

• Advertisement

i think spider man 2 was sci fi enough. so that's why you hate sci fi. don't try and pretend that you don't. cos i've heard "i'd be cool with them if they were cool with me" line before. it's because you dont get to play with the c-3po?

Advertisement