Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Life 2 Possible delay

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

Ciaran500 wrote:

see now this is what im talking about, constantly releasing cool pics of the game and then delaying the release sniff its just torture
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Its not exactly a surprise. If the game went gold tomorrow, it'd be another month or so before it was actually on the shelves. i.e. Gold on 7th September, sale on 7th October. Considering the latest RC wont be going to VU until September 15th... it'll take say, 2 weeks for extensive QA, that'd be gold around the 1st of October, and hence on sale around 1st November.

And thats pretty much best-case scenario at the moment. If there are major bugs, we could be looking at late November or even December. I feel a bit sorry for Valve at the moment - finishing a project is always hell, and I'd say this one has suffered for a long time. Its probably not a nice place to work at the moment (although most of us would trade our jobs any day)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Batbat wrote:
    no about the "bloody women" remark, some no sense of humor loser on the boards took offence :eek:
    Who? me? I didn't take offence, I was taking the p*ss :)
    I feel a bit sorry for Valve at the moment - finishing a project is always hell, and I'd say this one has suffered for a long time. Its probably not a nice place to work at the moment (although most of us would trade our jobs any day)!
    Well that's just it - the poor people at Vavle are just trying to get a game released, and they have the world's gamers watching their every move and teh world's hackers trying to leak their code.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

You can download the new counter strike beta ? do you need half life installed to do that...does that run on a dif engine ??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Is anyone else really, just, fed up with HL at this stage?

All this delaying the release date is making me care less and less. There's so many other good games coming out. I'll play HL2 when it's out, sure, but they really haven't done themselves any favours with the fanbase with all this farting around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

koneko wrote:
    All this delaying the release date is making me care less and less. There's so many other good games coming out. I'll play HL2 when it's out, sure, but they really haven't done themselves any favours with the fanbase with all this farting around.
    Agreed, sorta.
    If Valve DID release with teh game still buggy, they'd be crucified.
    In fact they're gonna be crucified anyway; no way the game will meet some people's expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Tusky wrote:
    You can download the new counter strike beta ? do you need half life installed to do that...does that run on a dif engine ??? :confused:

CS Source runs on HL2 new source engine. You need either Couter Strike Condition Zero or on of ATIs HL2 coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i really feel sorry for valve as the whole gaming community looks at them all the time and takes every single word what they say as their gospel.

hl2 to me will not look as good as doom3 but on the otherhand my cpu won't burn out playing it and it will still look good and i'll be able to enjoy the eye candy, as with doom3 the whole blooming thing is so dark that i can't see the monsters faces but when i see a screenshot i realise they do indeed have faces.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I have this theroy that doom III duke nukem forever and Half Life 2 are the same game! and they are all infact service packs for windows 95!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Is anyone else really, just, fed up with HL at this stage?
    I'm getting there. Just checked my play.com account and I've had it pre-ordered since 22nd July, 2003. It's kind of thieving the urine a little isn't it? I've seen lots of pretty shots but... something concrete please. Or a proper date they can commit to. I'm still expecting to enjoy it but after all this time I think the bubble of excitement has burst ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I'd have to say these latest screen's arn't that impressive at all any more, sure twould have been impressive if i had the game this time last year....but now...meh its just going to be another game, don't see it being any better than doom3 or farcry with gfx... more interested in seeing bf2.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

graphics aren't everything tbh, when people see this the sooner the better. now don't get me wrong they are important but not as important as other Qualities.

tbh i'd play half life 2 if it was based on the old half life 1 if it happened to come out on hl1 engine.

gameplay to me is the most important qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

How can it be delayed if it hasent been given a solid release date since last year.....and dont believe everthing you read on the net.. :rolleyes:

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Ciaran500 wrote:
    See them white pipes in the second pic. Those are the best set of pipes Ive ever seen in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

really?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

yes im afarid even i possibly the biggest half life fan even is losing failth in the limited life one

Please let me be wrong

Im begging for this to come out

Sigh

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yes you are wrong shinzon.Keep the faith ppl,you will get it soon enough ;)

CC

Advertisement