Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Life 2 Possible delay

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=4272

No real surprise, as the "news" of a release in the next few weeks was only speculation due to that pile of err, Steam, downloading stuff to PCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

POSSIBLE delay?! ha! more like inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Shock

Horror

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well the release candiate is only being sent off in about 2 weeks, so that has to be tested, and might have to be checked again if there are problems. So November is about right if there are no major bug fixes to be done after RC1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

If Half Life actually makes this release date then i might start believing in duke nukem forever again...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    If Half Life actually makes this release date then i might start believing in duke nukem forever again...
    you stopped BeLIEving in duke? feck that i'm still waiting on prey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

oh no, NO, NONONONONO this cant be happening again..... grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Batbat wrote:
    oh no, NO, NONONONONO this cant be happening again..... grrr

Its not happening, its pretty much on course for what they have been saying.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Its not happening, its pretty much on course for what they have been saying.

they had been quoted as saying a summer release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Well who didnt see this coming?

/me goes back to doom3 which ISNT vapourware like hl2

• Advertisement

I have to say I think theyre shooting themselves in the foot, Every time i look at hl2 Im less impressed, I think the wait and the bull**** is just too much now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Batbat wrote:
    I have to say I think theyre shooting themselves in the foot, Every time i look at hl2 Im less impressed, I think the wait and the bull**** is just too much now

why ? Are you not gonna buy it when it comes out ? :rolleyes:

Tusky wrote:
    why ? Are you not gonna buy it when it comes out ? :rolleyes:

are you insane, of course IM going to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Batbat wrote:

Well i think there giving them selfs a bad Rep "Thats about all". But i also think when it comes out people will go buy it and i know why. Just DL Condition Zero Beta and its real real good. Looks, feels and acts the way it should. Spent alot of time last night just shooting buckets as it looks so good. When your bullets hit the ground it kicks up dirt "all these little things count" When you buy half life2 you will also be able to play CZ:s on line.

People who think the game will look old due to all the hold ups i think will be wrong. The only other thing that im thinking is that because of all the hold ups. When the game dose come out the game might get bad press or bad reviews. I might be way off in what im saying but i think the game should be judged on the game and not because its a year late and people are pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

they were also quoted as being september2003 ;)
    rest assured tough, even if it IS november, the moment it goes gold, some "kind" soul will no doubt leak the full game.

my gf never heard of HL2, I showed her the screenshots, but she was not impressed, I mean how can you be NOT impressed?, bloody women!

Batbat wrote:
    my gf never heard of HL2, I showed her the screenshots, but she was not impressed, I mean how can you be NOT impressed?, bloody women!
    pffh, best get her back in the kitchen and make you some pie tbh
    warning: may only be taking the piss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Batbat wrote:

mayhaps she has seen Far Cry and Doom3 and thought HL2 looked a bit dated? she'd have been right if thats the case!
    You'd have had to show her a movie of the game being played to impress her sufficiently!

I do remember someone trying to persuade me that doom3's black-black, hard-edged shadows were more like real life shadows than Half Life2's. In games, the more exagerrated something is, the more likely you are to notice it - ie, ID's plastic bump mapping & OTT shadowing, rather than Valve's subtle use of radiosity & and more natural bump mapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

ah now you have to admit that the lighting in doom3 is fantastic. When you can see it, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Is anyone else really, just, fed up with HL at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Is anyone else really, just, fed up with HL at this stage?
    pffff, no, I still play it

Omg, loser. I should ban you from BF.

Stephen wrote:
    ah now you have to admit that the lighting in doom3 is fantastic. When you can see it, of course.
    well yeah, as flourescent lighting, it does a great job recreating it - but it's lighting without radiosity => very harsh and flat. suits an industrial complex, but imagine all that lighting and plastic look in a natural environment ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Omg, loser. I should ban you from BF.
    come on, it was just begging to be put out there

Batbat wrote:

:D I was joking btw

You don't have a GF?

Batbat wrote:
    they had been quoted as saying a summer release.

Doug Lombardi had recently stated that we would see the game in Summer/Autumn (Fall).

• Advertisement

You don't have a GF?

no about the "bloody women" remark, some no sense of humor loser on the boards took offence :eek:

Advertisement