Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song of the Day (31 Songs inspired)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭bullpost

The great "lost" Australian band , the Triffids.

This song is a stunning representation of how good they were.
    Nice video too.
    This band should have been huge but , like the Go-Betweens, they slipped under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

I like Keane's bad dream. lyrics very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Jacqueline Du Pre playing Saint-Saens pice The Swan from Carnival of the Animals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlhaDVaWiA0

• Advertisement

These days are just flying by.

humberklog wrote: »
    These days are just flying by.
    terrific vocals!

terrific vocals!

But crap timing.

But crap timing.
    in what sense?

• Advertisement

in what sense?

My post saying 'these days are just flying by' was in reference to your timing of putting your choice for the 'song of the day' up 6 minutes after mine. That would make it 2 songs of the day.

I didn't listen to your link as I don't listen ones that break the 'song of the day' idea.
    Your post saying 'great lyrics' made no sense to me so I responded with another reference to the bad timing of your post- Deadmau five.

My post saying 'these days are just flying by' was in reference to your timing of putting your choice for the 'song of the day' up 6 minutes after mine. That would make it 2 songs of the day.

I didn't listen to your link as I don't listen ones that break the 'song of the day' idea.
    Your post saying 'great lyrics' made no sense to me so I responded with another reference to the bad timing of your post- Deadmau five.
    sorry i said terrific vocals. sure you can listen to it tomorrow when we are short a song to nominate. Sorry for stealing your thunder!

sorry i said terrific vocals. sure you can listen to it tomorrow when we are short a song to nominate. Sorry for stealing your thunder!
    Not stealing any thunder. That's the point, no thunder. No pegging songs in willy-nilly or top thrumping. If a tune pops in that suits your mood and there's a slot on the thread then pop it up, if the spot is gone keep whistling it to yourself until a slot is there.

I won't be listening to your link as I don't listen to those that the tune makes the poster to giddy that they can't hold on.
    Gentle osmosis rather than force fed for me.
    No thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not stealing any thunder. That's the point, no thunder. No pegging songs in willy-nilly or top thrumping. If a tune pops in that suits your mood and there's a slot on the thread then pop it up, if the spot is gone keep whistling it to yourself until a slot is there.
    But does that no go against the point of the thread?

It's supposed to be Song of the Day, not Song that I thought about the other Day. ;)

Lovely atmospheric song from the Can man.

think we should at this stage draw up a shortlist at end of each day and nominate best song on those submitted. not sure if posting first merits it being song of the day.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    But does that no go against the point of the thread?

It's supposed to be Song of the Day, not Song that I thought about the other Day. ;)
    Yeah it does Baz but y'know yourself if you start ehistling it you'll soon forget it. When the next day rolls around you'll have a whole new tune.

As for lists? I think it should be more simple, there's space on the thread, you've a tune in your head...bingo.

is there a time so for posting songs? dont see anyone else here being reprimanded for posting a link!

Well Bullpost has posted one for today.
    And Bullpost what a song! Never heard it but thanks. Brilliant post post Bullpost.

Well Bullpost has posted one for today.
    And Bullpost what a song! Never heard it but thanks. Brilliant post post Bullpost.
    okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Part of the appeal of this thread for me is that there is only one song per day.
    This means that you need to have considered what song you want to post and that it actually means something to you and hopefully you can write a few lines to convey the meaning in a way that it makes others want to hear the song. The song should be meaningful enough for you to be able to hold onto it until a slot on the thread becomes available IMO.
    The book covered just thirteen songs , taken over a good number of years so presumably Nick Hornby did think carefully about his selections .
    We are snowed under with information in this internet age and so this thread is a nice way for music fans to sift through all the dross thats out there and find something that is worthwhile.

just an idea but there is a similiar board that has an album of the week. posters nominate a song and then at the end of week there is a poll put up from entries. just think the format here is a bit off. person who gets in to post first with a song which not necessarily be that great.

just an idea but there is a similiar board that has an album of the week. posters nominate a song and then at the end of week there is a poll put up from entries. just think the format here is a bit off. person who gets in to post first with a song which not necessarily be that great.

Why don't you start a thread that suits you? and leave this one alone as it's not broke. It just doesn't suit you. That's no reason to go changing this one but seams a good reason to set your own one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just to finish the discussion:

I don't specifically see a problem with posting numerous songs of the day on thread. But to be fair, I reckon it should be limited to one song per user per day

What I mean is that is I post one song today.. I can't post another one until tomorrow (just to stop 'post++').

Why don't you start a thread that suits you? and leave this one alone as it's not broke. It just doesn't suit you. That's no reason to go changing this one but seams a good reason to set your own one up.
    you're probably right. your thread anyway

you're probably right. your thread anyway

It's not my thread?!
    I didn't start it and even if I did that wouldn't make it mine.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Lene Marlin -Sitting Down Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Q8md5rdQ4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

• Advertisement

This is a brilliant pop song taken from a great album called Peggy Suicide.
    The video for this was filmed in Dingle where Julian swam with Fungi.

Another great English maverick.

Advertisement