Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song of the Day (31 Songs inspired)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I loooooove this.
    Its from the o2 ad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gotta be a Jacko song.

Love him or hate him he's definitely a modern day day icon. RIP MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel

because it reminds me of my friend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

My favourite MJ song. RIP.

Scien wrote: »
    Damn the both of you.
    It's rare i break the 24hr rule, but i'm compelled to post my favourite.

Jackson 5 - ABC
    Exceptional circumstances call for exceptional measures!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I think breaking the 24 hour rule should be a lashing offence (and it's been happening more often lately for very weak tunes, even twice just on this page...ahem), but events dear boy etc...

Don't Stop 'til you get enough. Great video too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk

Dutch country outfit from the '70's Pussycat with Mississipi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbi2i0j0k9M

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

My favourite Michael Jackson song. I think it is a classic - Human Nature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjzer9dUWmg

From the movie The Proposition. Amazing movie written by Nick Cave himself. I just love this song.

I think there is about 3 other versions to this song but I can't seem to find them on youtube. But if you come across the soundtrack its well worth listening to. Nick Cave is kinda whispering in it. Oh its wonderful!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

that look you give the guy by the Eels. heard it a few times now. good stuff

Lads, there's been 5 songs posted today... :confused:
    Can we keep it to Song of the Day like the thread was originally intended for?

I know i was a culprit last week, but it's getting a little out of hand now.
    Thank you. Keep the music flowing... :)

It takes away from the song completely. I don't click on them and try to ignore them as best as.
    One song in a day is more than enough to digest.

This thread is my usual 1st stop when I'm on Boards and I've learned to like a lot of stuff I've missed or ignored. But mutiples are really ruining it.

Sorry I didn't even realise that I posted two in a day, the first on I posted was really late at night and then the next day.

I count that as I day. I'll wait 24 hours anymore.

Edit: I deleted the last song I put up and will post it tomorrow to get back with the rules of the thread.

• Advertisement

I'm kinda with you too fluffy as in what's a day. 24 hours? Hmmm doesn't have to be exactly that I wouldn't have thought. But y'know... about 20 hour gap. Around there I'd say is more the jist of the thread.

Room to consider the tune...about a day.

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm kinda with you too fluffy as in what's a day. 24 hours? Hmmm doesn't have to be exactly that I wouldn't have thought. But y'know... about 20 hour gap. Around there I'd say is more the jist of the thread.

Room to consider the tune...about a day.

20 hours sounds good yeah ;)
    I think people have different opinions on what is a day but technically it is 24 hours so the 20 hour mark is what I'll go by anymore.

Lads, there's been 5 songs posted today... :confused:
    Can we keep it to Song of the Day like the thread was originally intended for?

I know i was a culprit last week, but it's getting a little out of hand now.
    Thank you. Keep the music flowing... :)
    But you just posted 2 tracks within 20 mins of each other the other day. I know technically they were different dates but still.

But still what?
    One was posted on the 30th, the other on the 1st... :confused:
    Ah c'mon, do I really have to break it down for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭bullpost

For me the fun of this thread is not so much the songs as reading why people chose the song - back to the spirit of the book which inspired the thread. So it would be great if you post a few lines with your song.

bullpost wrote: »
    For me the fun of this thread is not so much the songs as reading why people chose the song - back to the spirit of the book which inspired the thread. So it would be great if you post a few lines with your song.
    Exactly. The point of the thread is that you've been inspired by a particular song for whatever reason, and therefore give a reason for that. Rather than posting loads of random songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

first off - I like rules :)

but, song of the day - is the rule only one song per day full stop - or is that an unwritten rule?
    I mean I wake up, I <3 a particular song that day for whatever reasons and as per thread need to post my one song of the day, it's only fair that scien, fluffy, bazmo, humberklog, bullpost etc be allowed post their song of the day also if they feel so inclined.

That would be my interpretation of the rulez :D

p.s I often wouldn't post the reason I chose the song as it may be too personal/difficult to explain in a line or two, but by posting in this particular thread it is of course implied that the song has some significance rather than - heres my random song of the day.

kerash wrote: »
    first off - I like rules :)

but, song of the day - is the rule only one song per day full stop - or is that an unwritten rule?
    I mean I wake up, I <3 a particular song that day for whatever reasons and as per thread need to post my one song of the day, it's only fair that scien, fluffy, bazmo, humberklog, bullpost etc be allowed post their song of the day also if they feel so inclined.

That would be my interpretation of the rulez :D

p.s I often wouldn't post the reason I chose the song as it may be too personal/difficult to explain in a line or two, but by posting in this particular thread it is of course implied that the song has some significance rather than - heres my random song of the day.
    Yeah it's a strange one alright. If the rules (if there are any) are strictly adhered to then anybody that stays up after midnight would have the monopoly on the Song (not that it's the end of the world!) each day.

kerash wrote: »
    Is it really implied though? I get the impression that it is random post of the day for most people, not that it's a particularly bad thing in itself, but it's not really in keeping with the original spirit of the thread.

• Advertisement

Advertisement