Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA SA: Trailers, preview sites, teaser sites etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Niiiice... gonna check out the quicktime versions now... or are they all just the one trailer? :(
    [edit] Yep looks like it [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

read a review of driver3 in the edge ,thrashed it and gave it 3 out of ten, is it really that bad?

and swimming too, thank f***

Yeah it's brutal.
    Filled with annoying things like having to chase a CPU car for miles through winding streets and having to do it about 200 times before you can finaly complete it because you keep hitting lampposts while the CPU car also can't avoid them at that speed, but doesn't have to because they can drive right through them, not to mention the fact that if you try and ram them, no matter how perfect your angle it's you that gets spun out while they don't budge an inch... also the AI sucks and the missions are pretty dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I think it's gonna be a let down.

But the trailer imo looks terrible. it's not exciting, like gta should be! but it'll stilll sell a rake load

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Im looking forward to this too, although i may have to wait til the new year to buy it as i have the finals of my professional exams in december and the studying could get in the way of some hardcore gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

like evad says the trailer is terrible it shows nothin new or spectacular apart from some dude gettin a hair cut this game is getting more like the sims with having to eat go gym etc. the vice city formula was grand why change it
    Brock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well they got the 'hood' atmosphere down to a tee. Can't wait for this. Even a rehash of vice city would satisfy me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah boyz in the hood cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Jesus you think they would show a trailer that wasn't bogged down by FPS problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

wtf was that, sims 5 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the biggest problem i've found with gta is people slate it without playing it. lots of people have spoken about the trailer looking bad. and the screenshots looking bad. but they never look that way in-game. they're always really nice and slick.

i'm dying for this game. roll on october..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's GTA. You drive around blowing **** up, and jumping off things. How could it possibly be any worse? This time you have more room, and different stuff to blow the **** out of.

Sounds good to me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I think it's gonna be a let down.

But the trailer imo looks terrible. it's not exciting, like gta should be! but it'll stilll sell a rake load

They done exactly what they wanted at this stage, and rightly so. For most people - well for the people Rockstar thinks are fans of the games - the trailer should have installed a sense of anticipation.
    Brock wrote:
    like evad says the trailer is terrible it shows nothin new or spectacular apart from some dude gettin a hair cut this game is getting more like the sims with having to eat go gym etc. the vice city formula was grand why change it
    Brock

I can’t see any radical change in the GTA 3* formula?

* Vice City is just GTA 3 in a different city with a few bits added on, GTA3 was just an update of GTA1/2, SA is the same again.

Also, as I understand it, the trailer was really supposed to be watched (along with the smaller ones) around the same time having a look around the flash promo site introducing the first city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

The trailer was only a teaser trailer not a full blown advertisement for the game so i wasn't expecting much from it [unlike alot of other people here]

San Andreas has 3 cities each the size of vice city as well as all the country roads in between, so like monument said there radical changes only changes for the better.

I also can't see where people keep comparing it to the sims, the only thing your doing if changing how your charater [personalising him as it may], which is what happens in many rpgs or other pc games.

Like Seamus said GTA:SA is VC/3 only bigger and better [with more stuff to blowup/kill/steal etc.. :)] Whats not to like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Wait until you play it ! GTA always delivers .

I should also have mentioned the mini-movies that ya can watch detailing places that you can go in SA. on http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/ [ i didn't see it before as it didn't work through opera]. Some of the police comments are cool and have the usual GTA humor on those places!

I didn't see a mention of the PC release date... probably 6 to 12 months as before?

Yeah it will prob be same sort of release schdule as vice city.

Hopefully have it finished on the PS2 by the time it comes out on the PC so i can start it all over again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hopefully it won't be out on PC until after May, otherwise i'm not going to get my degree ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Tusky wrote:
    Wait until you play it ! GTA always delivers .
    Amen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Two of the gta teaser sites have been released
    www.maccer.net
    and
    www.epsilonprogram.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

What's the connection do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

The first one is a singer from manchester and is involved with drugs and san andreas gangs.
    The second is a site of a cult religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

hehe... i like that maccer site and the band called 'Gurning Chimps'.

It has to be Shawn Ryder doin the voice:

http://www.maccer.net/maccerPressConference.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Delta_ie wrote:
    The second is a site of a cult religion.
    hehe.
    gouranga!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Vice City was kinda a let down but i think this is going to be the dogs bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What's the song playing in the trailer? It's pretty cool.

bush wrote:
    Vice City was kinda a let down but i think this is going to be the dogs bollocks

I actually felt vice city was a big step in the right direction [espec reintroduction of bikes], with good story and plently of side missions as well as a big map. Only let down was the aiming though that was sorted with the pc version.

If SA promises all its imporvements over VC then i'll be very happy next month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Blisterman wrote:
    What's the song playing in the trailer? It's pretty cool.
    Chakachas - Jungle Fever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Elvis Has Left The Building!!

Advertisement