Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    i don't think Marion Sunshine is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I found that it was one of the most fun games i've ever played. it wasn't up to mario 64 standards but it was still a great game. Only problem for me was that some of the challenges had a very steep difficulty but could be passed easily if you had patience.
    yeah, some of those "the secret of..." levels were absolute C**TS!!!

playing through Yoshi's island for the first time at the moment. i'd forgotten how addictive 2d platformers could be :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never played it until I got it for the GBA. God i missed out on some great games by not owning a SNES.

The 'the secret of...' levels were very interesting for me. I realised when playing them that i knew far more swear words than I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Mario 3 was the best closely followed by Super Mario Bros. I enjoyed platformers alot more when you could finish them in one sitting.

Problem with Sonic and Mario games now is they're adventure platformers rather than arcade platformers. They used to be like a good music CD that lasts 45mins and you play over and over and over. Now they're watered down with plot, sub games and token collecting nonsense. All replayability is destroyed in the worthless pursuit of longevity and 'value for money'.

Big props to Mario & Luigi though. It's incredibly funny. I can't think of anything that's remotely as charming recently other than Gitaroo Man. Good humour in games is a rare and beautiful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

The reason I dont like super mario sunshine is just the fact that the story is so bad. i think the voice acting is crap and the levels pisss me off having to in and out to get a stupid shine sprite and collecting 8 red coins or something! load of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

That SMB3 vid was put together frame by frame from emulator savestates. It took the author months of work. He explained how he did it on the original download page but it was in Japanese so alot of people thought it was the real deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement