Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario

Options
  • 20-08-2004 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Which of the series was your favourite? I loved playing the third one and mario world, hours of fun. Couldn't stand the second, was like a totally different game.

Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

I thought the second one was ok, but your right, completely different. I think super mario world was my favourite. If we are to include mario kart in this it would be a close call between SMW and Kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I agree. id say mario world was more fun though but id say those two were thebest. Finished super mario 64 in a week. was good but i didnt think it was as amazing as it was made out to be. Hated super mario sunshine! Havnt played paper mario but i MAY GET THE NEW ONE BECAUSE ITS GETTING RAVE REVIEWS. Mario 2 was ok wasnt great though. super mario land 2 on the game boy was also one of my favourites. Mario rpg was good. ive only played it for about 4 hours but I enjoyed what I played. Mario kart on the snes kicked major ass.

there are currently 109 games I think with Mario in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I loved mario kart on the snes. Didn't really care very much for the rest of the mario games, though that wario thing (can't remember the name of it) with the minigames on the GBA is fun.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh mario 2 wasnt originally a mario game,it was some cheap japanese knockoff that they just changed the name/charachter skins and voila! mario 2.

Stephen wrote:
    I loved mario kart on the snes. Didn't really care very much for the rest of the mario games, though that wario thing (can't remember the name of it) with the minigames on the GBA is fun.

thats wario ware. its supposed to be brilliant multiplayer on the gamecube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Loved the whole mario kart series the best [spent a whole night trying to finish double dash on the gamecube only to my horror to find it had the worst ending ever!!]

Mario allstars on the snes was my fave due to the fact it had all the classics as well as rock hard lost world.

Wouldnt really call it an ending! its a multiplayer game in all fairness. diddy kong racing is still the king! COME BACK RARE!!!!! stupid microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Diddy racing was fun though couldn't hold up against mario kart on snes.

I know what you mean but after doing each race about 10 times on each difficulty then backwards with absoulty no reward for doing it, all you get is a "Congraduations Please try again etc"

I actually played it with a friend doing split screen and it was his challenge that kept me going through the boredom/hell of the 50cc races!

I prefer diddy kong racing! I like having a story behind a game instead of a simple 1 player/multiplayer option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

although i never played mario rpg, my fave af the lot woul be mario 3. so good. but if we're including smkart, it beats them all (except maybe rpg, i relly must play it)

• Advertisement

Id give it a go but it never came out over here on the snes unfortunately. cough*rom*cough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SMW on the SNES would probably be my favourite. I remember staying up one friday night until 4 in the morning trying to beat the star world levels......

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga on the GBA is a brilliant game (pretty tricky, though). Lots of great ideas in it, and its very funny.

Looking forward to Paper Mario 2 on the Cube. Thats a definite import when it comes out.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I love Super Mario Bros 3 (been playing in on meh GBA lately), Super Mario 64 and SMW. Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga is really good too. Love the combat system and because of that I'm dying to get my hands on Paper Mario 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mario 64 followed closely by SmB3

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I prefer diddy kong racing! I like having a story behind a game instead of a simple 1 player/multiplayer option.

LMAO.....And what was the plot exactly?

kdjac

is mario and luigi an rpg?

KdjaC wrote:
    Mario 64 followed closely by SmB3

LMAO.....And what was the plot exactly?

kdjac
    I never said it was a big complicated plot just that you had something to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

If we're talking solely platformers here, then these are my favourite in order (from bottom to top);

Super Mario 64
    Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Super Mario World
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario Land

Haven't played Super Mario Land 2 or 3, or Super Mario Sunshine.

Id advise against mario sunshine. mario land 2 is actually one of the best mario games there is. mario land 3 is wario land and its not great. very easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

didn't enjoy sunshine at all. kinda like mario 2, didn't follow the formula. jesus, mario 2 was a complete heap of **** compared to any other mario game

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

any1 seen the guy complete SmB3 in 11 minutes?

it's crazy

i think 3 is my favourite but they are all so good :cool:

• Advertisement

Yea I saw it, and what great about it is the levels when hes on the ships and he keeps bouncing on the bombs getting lives. pure genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

That 11 minute avi is fake apparently, at very least he recorded beteen pauses,

the thing that made me think it was fake was when he got to world 8 there is, on one of the maps, a row of five flashing black squares and oyu always get sucked into one or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

mario kart 64 is the dogs bollox of multiplayer console games, i still havent got double dash but it looks great

never did like the 2d mario, i was a sonic man :p

mario64 was good

mario sunshine is a load of bollox, a "clean-em-up" oh yea that sounds like fun, nintendo make such gay games for rod and tod sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I loved wario land on the gameboy

and wasted a good few hours on luigi's mansion....

but mario cart on the snes has to be my all time fav

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its a toss up between Mario 3 and super mario world for which is the best.

For me it would be super mario world But mario 3 comes very close.
    There are no better 2D platform games than these two games and saying that theres no platform game that beats Yoshis island that isn't a mario game.

The old GB games where very good as well.

Mario Kart on the snes is probably the greatest driving and 2 player game ever conceived.

And imo there is no better 3D platformer than Mario 64.

However Mario 2 is a duffer. It isn't a real mario game anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Mario Kart on the snes is probably the greatest driving and 2 player game ever conceived.

And imo there is no better 3D platformer than Mario 64.
    damn straight!

super mario world would be my favourite 2d platformer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

where can you get the video of the guy completing SMB3 in 11 minutes?
    Edit http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=moSMB3.wmv

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Super Mario Sunshine reminds me a lot of Super Mario Bros. 2 - they both seem totally different to the usual mario games and they suffer greatly for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i don't think Marion Sunshine is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I found that it was one of the most fun games i've ever played. it wasn't up to mario 64 standards but it was still a great game. Only problem for me was that some of the challenges had a very steep difficulty but could be passed easily if you had patience.

Advertisement