Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 - Are you finding it boring?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Forget Alien versus Predator - who will win the real battle - Pikachu versus the Hell Demon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked it alot. However, it was incredibly linear, and I think more of the game should have been in Hell....

Looking forward to seeing the fanboys remake Doom 1 and 2 using the engine (its bound to happen).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Good call on the Doom 1 & 2 re-makes - never thought of that, bound to happen. Can't wait!

I finally got Far Cry last night and played about an hour of it. I have to say the graphics are a little cartoony in comparison to Doom but, aside from that, it's a totally different game. Sneaking around through foliage, driving jeeps, swimming through water and looking around corners.

I'm sure people like these kind of games wiith gadgets and gimmicks but, while Far Cry seems to be a very good game, give me a foreboding, full-on, relentless, edge-of you-seat bullet-fest like Doom 3 any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Tried playin Doom again last nite and after 20 mins was bored senseless....ok looks abit better since I put the 9800 in but still thats just graphics...you need more 2 a game! ended up puttin in Project IGI which since I got off a bloke from here have been really enjoying!!

IN regards to Far Cry I think it is a far superior game! ok there is a few flaws(A.I is a bit dodgy but ever game has tis prob) but wait till you get to the section in the hand glider flying between the mountains and the river is below.......spectacular to say the least! now thats graphics!!

Anyway since I have BFV running nothin beats that! haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Deadwing wrote:
    Youre all n00bs. :P
    j/k...i think this game just really divided opinions, some people get it, some dont.
    Personall i still love it, but im a self confessed ID fanboy here lol.

I think insinuating that people who didn't enjoy the game didn't "Get it" is an extremely condescending thing to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bored stiffless you say. Sure it's not Quake you're playing? :p I liked Doom 1 & 2 but then Quake came along with no puzzles or interesting levels or anything. I was hoping Doom 3 would be a return to original form but seemingly not from what I read here.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I think insinuating that people who didn't enjoy the game didn't "Get it" is an extremely condescending thing to say.

Really? I dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I'm fairly close to the end of doom3 and I've found the game to be extremely immersive and enjoyable. Infact I've even had a few nightmares thanks to playing doom3 in the dark with surround sound turned up at 3 am. I've noticed a lot of similarities between doom3 and System Shock 2. That's probably the highest complement I can pay a game. I think this is a huge departure from pervious id games where the game was basically showcase for the engine and what it could do. They've put together a great plot and heaps of atmosphere. Couldn't ask for more from a shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Currently loving it. Can't talk. Monsters approaching. /me runs off pointing shotgun at the back of an imps head.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

I've noticed a lot of similarities between doom3 and System Shock 2

that's the problem m8... system shock frightened the bejeeesus out of me....

that's what I picked up on ... Doom3 seems to in some odd way try and compete with SS2 but it just at a totally different level... there are no gohst, halucinations, freak events, etc... it's just zombie after zombie... don't get me wrong.. I love my first session in D3 and idalised all the wonderfull monster which back in 93 where sht brown blobs firing oranges... but that did wear off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

eep!

its a damn fine game tbh, i've swung from loving it to hating it many times. but i think i'll stick with this opinion from now on.

going toe to toe with a boss at the mo... i think i missed the bfg a few rooms back though :confused:
    hate the way that the bastids strip you of your arsenal multiple times
    even doom 1 didn't pull that bull****

Advertisement