Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stunned @ the level of downloading

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Which Windows or Solitaire?
    I wouldn't consider either much of a bonus tbh
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I think the problem here was the different in release dates of the US and here. People couldn't wait, so they downloaded it instead. I'm sure some of them (like peeps here) will be buying it anyway, but with such a highly anticipated game people couldn't wait that long.

Not that I'm saying I downloaded it or anything like, cos that's umm.. WRONG AND EVIL and I would never do such a heinous thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nowwaiting

amp wrote:
    To answer the above. It's not against charter rules to admit that you've downloaded a pirated game but I'd prefer if people didn't admit to breaking the law on boards.
    Ye well I'm still banned since I admited to downloading DOOM III;) When does my ban run out cause I'm banned from tons of forums not just this one it's a pain to log out just to browse Games.
    amp wrote:
    The warez bit of the charter is there not to protect boards and not those who admit to pirating.
    For whom then is it there for? :D

OfflerCrocGod waiting in purgatory :o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

nowwaiting wrote:
    Ye well I'm still banned since I admited to downloading DOOM III;) When does my ban run out cause I'm banned from tons of forums not just this one it's a pain to log out just to browse Games.For whom then is it there for? :D

OfflerCrocGod waiting in purgatory :o

'OfflerCrocGod' isn't on the list of banned users, are you sure you dident get banned over all from boards.ie for something? Did you get a PM about your ban?

monument wrote:
    'OfflerCrocGod' isn't on the list of banned users, are you sure you dident get banned over all from boards.ie for something? Did you get a PM about your ban?
    I'm banned from all of games (including wolfenstein unreal half-life etc..) the rest of boards is fine I can browse and post no prob (except windows adam doesn't like me :p ). I got no PM about it but I did post in the "Doom III has already been leaked" thread saying I was also getting it, that's what got me banned.....how am I not on the list of banned ppl :confused:? I'm not allowed near the forum.

OfflerCrocGod, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Someone above mentioned steam. But I hear thats been plagued with problems. Also alarming news reading the DOD forums looks like all mods with the exception of CS S will have to be payed for seperate of half life 2 available only threw steam.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Last time I used steam it seemed buggy as hell I was far from impressed tbh
    Not used it since so can't really comment that much
    The season in theory is nice but in practice is another thing..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

nowwaiting wrote:
    I'm banned from all of games (including wolfenstein unreal half-life etc..) the rest of boards is fine I can browse and post no prob (except windows adam doesn't like me :p ). I got no PM about it but I did post in the "Doom III has already been leaked" thread saying I was also getting it, that's what got me banned.....how am I not on the list of banned ppl :confused:? I'm not allowed near the forum.

OfflerCrocGod, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    :eek:

The banned list I have access to is only for this games board, I'll ask about this and get back to you by PM to your 'OfflerCrocGod' user account.

monument wrote:
    The banned list I have access to is only for this games board, I'll ask about this and get back to you by PM to your 'OfflerCrocGod' user account.
    Thank You very much monument :D

Advertisement