Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Scariest Doom3 Moment...so far?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Stephen wrote:
    the first time i met the little spider things, killed one or two of them, thought to myself hah these guys are pussies. Then a ****load of them came out of the walls and utterly ****ed me up :(

Same problem :( around 50 of the bastards killed me

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

the bit with the womans voice saying "follow me" AND THE BOODY FOOT STEPS, AND THE BABY CRYING.......****!!!! That really creeped me out.
    What is happening when the screen goes red and **** happens? Hell ****ing with your head?

Moo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

best moment for me so far was when you find that guy nailed to the ceiling with his ribcage and guts exposed and he's still alive saying 'help me', and there was another cool bit yesterday when i was just going up a stairs and theres a flash of light and you see an imp under the stairs for a split second and then he's gone, that stopped me in my tracks for all of ten seconds, has anyone else found that ever since getting the chainsaw you haven't used any of the other weapons just running around constantly mowing enemies down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just got to the hell level *whimpers* Its so wrong!! i think ill have to sleep with the damn light on tonight :eek:
    Unbelievable level all the same..jesus those ID guys have some f*cked up imaginations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Worst bit for me was when your at one of the consoles looking at the security cameras, ya click cam2 and one of those c**t spiders lands on the screen! Scared the **** outta me :eek: Ohh and the skeleton moving in the vent got me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

**** yeah the skelton moving in the tunnel and the laughing. I was playing it this morning and had to turn it off (had to go to work) but I was glad as I was really anxious playing it........man it is good....................not/am looking forward to the hell level.

\moo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Zyox wrote:
    I must have missed this bit, where was it?

It's the very first set of toilets you come to after everything goes mad...if you were nosy wandering around before the poo hits the fan you'll find that same toilets...just look straight at the mirror with yer guy...AGHHHHHHHH!!!! The thing is I was actually expecting something like that after the scene in Silent Hill 3...*shudder*

For me the scariest scene was definitely the first time ya come up against one of the pink demon thingies and it comes through the glass!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Weird, i've found those toilets with the big mirror too, but nothing happens when i look into it (after killing a heap of zombies/maggots in there too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Well as far as I can remember there aren't any enimies in there...then again I was playin' it on easy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stephen there a few toilets as you would need for such a large station , its in one of them.

Hell level is unreal i there now fighting boss but in my panic to fight off the nasties before it ,i never saved(last save is before the rock stompee thing) and i have 3 shotgun shells left no way of getting more ammo ,used it all and then found some and used that too, then copped on to what i had to do. Then spent 31 minutes running around the pillars with him chasing me ,now i have 6 health and the thoughts of replaying hell are killing me, this level is hard.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

I thought the scarest thing is the bull thingy bashing the door open and then it comes throw the window ! :( thats poo ur pants scary tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Finally got my new pc from Jes so I've been testing it out on doom 3 and far cry. Scariest moment for me would be in the Alpha labs, wandering around going "oooo, that's pretty!", then opened a door and BAM!! An Imp jumps out. Frightened the utter bejesus out of me.

Or the first time you meet one of those flaming-zombies, it comes running out from behind a corner. Instead of going "wow, nice effects" it was more like "AHHHHH!!! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!" and I only hit him once.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

One of those fat zombies with the babys head...scared the fcuk outta me!!!

I could hear the groaning(was in the albha labs) So i backed into a corner waiting for him to appear...the groans getting louder still no sign... Then I realised i wasnt in the corner, I was just leaning against a barrell....turned round there he was behind me.....Fecking Zombie scared the Sh@t outta me!!!

Had to run down stairs and get more coffee....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I just finished it myself...what a game. I think one of the scariest parts was the build up to fighting the mancubus, it just kept getting tenser and tenser, and then the cherubs arrived, with the horribly buzzing fly noises and crying babies, then BAM! out comes the mancubus. Classic.
    The cyberdemon rocked ass i have to say. Bit easy tho.
    The upside down crucified corpses in the cyberdemons lair were freaky too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

deadwing wrote:
    jesus those ID guys have some f*cked up imaginations.
    too bloody right ..... some freaky things ... that corridor with the symbols moving on the walls/floors/ceiling was cool .... the deformation of the door with the first pink monster was very cool .... I'm at the ****ed up lift thing now (goes to three locations or can be manually controlled) and its pissing me off

Anyone want to give a estimate of how many times they got killed in the first 6 levels :D 100? .... I'd say 30 - 40 at least

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

that big evil laugh; MUAHHHH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAA
    I just have to turn around and run for the nearest corner to hide.

Or when you're standing on a platform and everything starts to shake.......uh-oh.

When you walk into a big room anda cutscene starts with yer man pinned to the ceiling and he starts to wail. Then those ugly two-headed baxterds come out of the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

There was one part where I went into a room and there was some ammo and stuff, and as i was walking out, a spider came down from the ceiling. It was just the fact that I was totally unprepared for it, and hate spiders too. There's a bit before the caverns too where the floor falls in and all the lights are off and there are just tons of candles and pentagrams and an arch vile teleports in. I hate those gits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Waltons wrote:
    There was one part where I went into a room and there was some ammo and stuff, and as i was walking out, a spider came down from the ceiling. It was just the fact that I was totally unprepared for it, and hate spiders too.
    was just about to post the same :D
    the way he just glides down... *shudder*
    that seriously threw me off my game, had to leave the pc for a couple of minutes and regain my composure :o

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Yeah those spider things really scared the sh*t outa me all you hear is their legs scraping off the floor and then they appear but then you hear them come from behind you .some f*ck*d up sh*t alright.Cant think of any better game to p*ss your pants in !

Advertisement