Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Scariest Doom3 Moment...so far?

Options
  • 10-08-2004 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

First for me was, going down the hallway and it lights up with all demonic symbols and u can hear a woman kinda scream when the symbols light up the hallway. Also when you get locked into the room where u get the chainsaw with ur man running after you with the chainsaw screaming at you :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

when they took all the weapons, and all you have is your fists, but also when you see the big dog for the first time, and he starts trying to pull the door down, then jumps through the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

When you wander into the toilet and look in the mirror and it all goes read and your face starts to age in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Will people please use spoiler tags :( And say how early in the game the spoiler is from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

when they took all the weapons, and all you have is your fists, but also when you see the big dog for the first time, and he starts trying to pull the door down, then jumps through the window!

That was pretty good/bad alright.

The scariest moment for me was shortly after that when my mate crept up behind me and yelled boo in my ear! B******, nearly had a heart attack!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not being able to play the game til friday because of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Will people please use spoiler tags :( And say how early in the game the spoiler is from.

FFS. Look at the title of the thread. What did you expect to see in the thread? Spoiler or not spoilers? If everyone was sticking in spoiler tags in a thread all about spoilers and containing them it would just make reading the thread a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'm not very far in the game, but I think it's around the administration area. When you walk into the room with all the stuff growing and candles. There's squelchy noises and whispering voices. Freaky. You walk in and then you're plunged into darkness, and a couple of imps attack you.

That or the dog thing trying to bust down the door was pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The first time you meet a Mancubus is rather scarey, all I could think is 'wtf is this thing..... ARGH rockets!', first time you meet Barons is rather worrying too 'they never used to be THAT big'....... and theres 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Seeing there was some armour shards on the ground and when i walked over them, a zombie was standing there and maoned and lashed out at me. I also caught a glance of his face all at the same time. Kinda came outta nowhere! I was walking around my house after a Doom 3 session and I swear i heard the pitter patter of those spiders behind me as I walked up the stairs. I ran the rest of the way lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

i'm not very far in either - just after meeting the first of what used to be the pink demons in the original Doom. You know the way there's a short cutscene from him? I had my flashlight equipped when it ended, so he got right in my face :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

When i found out the game wouldnt play on my PC, after all these years of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

When i found out the game wouldnt play on my PC, after all these years of waiting.

Have you tried.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Am in the process of upgrading my PC. Ill just hold out 'til then. Ill have a amd 3200+, Geforce 6800, 2gb ram. I should be just able to run Doom3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Scariest moment had to be the Hell level and it's whole look/feel/ambience. After a while of getting into it it felt like those dreams I have just before I get a flu and wake up with a fever, so I was pretty scared the whole way through the level and felt real uncomfortable with it :) So well done there I guess to iD cos didn't feel huge scary moments anywhere else apart from when something jumps at me and I yell "Jesus" then pull the minigun on it.

GG though. Finished it yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Scariest moment so far? Seeing sky news 'reporting' on how violent this game is and how it should be banned :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Deadwing wrote:
    Scariest moment so far? Seeing sky news 'reporting' on how violent this game is and how it should be banned :rolleyes:

Really ? do you have a link ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Cyro tubes....
    why did i pick up the armour

Pyr0 wrote:
    Really ? do you have a link ?
    Nah i dont, i just saw it on this evenings news. They were only showing the deathmatch tho, which is far less violent and evil if you ask me. And the mother of the kid who was killed in the manhunt kerfuffle was on saying how all violent games should be banned. And some other dude was waffling on about why dont games focus more on life, instead of death?? :rolleyes: Tree hugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Looking in the mirror and everything going red... scared the living **** out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Predje

yep that scene has really stuck with me aswell... although i wouldnt say it was that scary more disturbing .. its just the shock of it.. so unexpected.As the games gone on im gradually becoming detached from it , but the first two nights of playing it were so intense - therfore taking a break for a week or so and coming back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Tellox wrote:
    Looking in the mirror and everything going red... scared the living **** out of me.

I must have missed this bit, where was it?

ARGH

*trouser stains*

****ing hell
    that bit in the alpha labs where you get the director's PDA in that room with the disturbing looking thing growing through the walls and the candles and satanic stuff on the floor... plus the imps that spawn all over the place.

then shortly after I met the two-headed thing for the first time - what's that called?

/me changes pants

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Did you hear the demonic laugh when you kill the imp ? jesus christ brown pants time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Surprised nobody has mentioned the bit where youre in the room with all the demons floating in glass tanks and you go right up to the one with the imp in it and it jumps at the glass, thats made me jump.

OMFG. The bit with the voice whispering 'over here' and when you get tot he end of the tunnel, and the screen goes blood red, and the voice whispers 'they took my baby', followed by the most horrible babys cry/evil childs laugh. *shudder*

Or, even tho it was predicatble, it still made me jump, when the fatboy zombie leapt up off the toilet in the delta labs! scared me sh!tless.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Tellox wrote:

Was just going to post about that. It was freaky alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Some class moments in there, im very susceptible to horro movies and jump whem im supposed to so have started going commando and sitting on kids potty ,saves washing :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The wee half-fly-half-human-baby things have to be the freakiest mofo's in the game.

Twisted stuff is that.

• Advertisement

the first time i met the little spider things, killed one or two of them, thought to myself hah these guys are pussies. Then a ****load of them came out of the walls and utterly ****ed me up :(

Advertisement