Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evo2k final :Street fighter 3 video

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Alex is my favourite charcter from SF3. He's like a successful Guile/Zangief Hybrid and so much fun to play as.

-The person above Q, should go back to KOF.
    Oh yeah thats Remy. He should go back to the bin thats where he should go. That character is exactly the same as Guile. He even has Guile's trademark double sweep :mad: .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ok it is possible to play Snk Vs capcom on epsxe, so if you guys have broadband it could turn out nice, bit fast, gonna config it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

It's weird the way Capcom lost it's character design affinity after Street Fighter 2...none of the later characters come close to matching the original cast. I mean just look at The New Challengers...T.Hawk is useless, Deejay is kind of boring, Cammy is alright I guess and then you have the only one I like, FeiLong but hes still a Bruce Li rip off.

Capcom Vs SNK 2's presentation is brilliant, I love the fact that it's neither too serious or too stupid. Also I just love the stages, New York and Shanghai have to be two of my favourite stages of all time. As for difficulty I always play on maximum as it's the only way to get even remotely close to simulating online play. Once you've fought your first few online matches you realise just how easy one player is.

As for parrying yeah you really need to learn how to do it. It's damned difficult though, I'm nowhere near mastering it myself. No amount of practicing would get me near daigo's level though.

very true, daigo is god ! that was just, god unbelieveable, i need to watch that every time b4 i go play SF3 .

As for playing CVS2 live ? are you on a ps2 ? i just need a network adapter yes ? thats it ? and the game ofcourse . Ne good online ?

You are right about character design "new challengers" my ass, T Hawk, was horrible, WTF was he ? good think he hasnt made an appearence since, fei longs kick is nice, but as you said, bruce leeeeeeee.
    cammy is fair, not amazing, dee jay is a bad excuse for everything. I can keep going here, i dont like dan, few others.
    Sakura might be one of the best new comers to come out after SF2.

Got a massive faq on parrying, i must master this.

It's weird the way Capcom lost it's character design affinity after Street Fighter 2...none of the later characters come close to matching the original cast. I mean just look at The New Challengers...T.Hawk is useless, Deejay is kind of boring, Cammy is alright I guess and then you have the only one I like, FeiLong but hes still a Bruce Li rip off.

I quite like Hawk my only problem is with his moves which have way too high priority, and considering the Tomahawk dive (jump then down+three punches) is way to easy to abuse. I like Fei Long too, I don't really care if he's a Bruce Lee rip off, so long as he isn't a rip off of a different game character then I'm happy. He's got a good, original set of moves and that appeases me.
    Cammy is grand but I always found her rather boring and never bothered using her much. DeeJay....well yeah I'll agree DeeJay is useless but then again what do you expect, after all he was the only character designed by Capcom USA's staff, the rest were created by Capcom's Japanese staff. And we all know Americans couldn't design a fighting game to save their lives.
    You are completely right about Capcom going downhill with character designs after SF2. I'm a big fan a lot of the Alpha series fighters (except Dan :D ) but most of them are from the Final fight and the first SF game which of course predate SF2.

Capcom Vs SNK 2's presentation is brilliant, I love the fact that it's neither too serious or too stupid. Also I just love the stages, New York and Shanghai have to be two of my favourite stages of all time.

Kinderdik(the one with the windmills) and Nairobi are my favourite stages. and then for the Akuma v Ryu or Terry v Geese type matches its got to be the final Flaming Tokyo stage, great atmosphere. Though for me Alpha 2 has the best stages ever produced.

As for difficulty I always play on maximum as it's the only way to get even remotely close to simulating online play. Once you've fought your first few online matches you realise just how easy one player is.

Heh I've never played online, I guess that means I'm crap then!
    The problem with max difficulty in CvS2 is that the amount of damage inflicted per hit is increased dramatically. That certainly isn't the case with online play...well I should hope it isn't anyway!

• Advertisement

guys get this
    https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/shori/3Ssystemdir.mpg

system direction has that much of an effect ? thats awesome.
    and at the end : ken with white hair ?

Jesus I can't believe I spelt Lee Li...I guess I must have Chun-Li on the brain again.
    Kinderdik(the one with the windmills) and Nairobi are my favourite stages. and then for the Akuma v Ryu or Terry v Geese type matches its got to be the final Flaming Tokyo stage, great atmosphere. Though for me Alpha 2 has the best stages ever produced.

Whats so great about Kinderdik and Nairobi? I always thought they were a little dry compared to London or New York. Pity my gba version of Alpha 3 only has 9 stages :(
    As for playing CVS2 live ? are you on a ps2 ? i just need a network adapter yes ? thats it ? and the game ofcourse . Ne good online ?

On the xbox over xbox live. It's ok gameplay wise but the community is terrible, they happily quit mid game when they're losing etc and never seem to stay on for more than a few matches. Also they abuse the faults of the game as much as possible. There are a few good players I play against regularly but they're few and far between.

One thing I was wondering was how much of the sprites in CvS2 are new as opposed to recycled...I presume most of the SNK cast was totally redone for the game.

Whats so great about Kinderdik and Nairobi? I always thought they were a little dry compared to London or New York. Pity my gba version of Alpha 3 only has 9 stages
    Dude! Nairobi rocks! Whats not to like about a desert fight with rally cars flying overhead every now and then! As for Kinderdik I think its just the swaying grass that does it, reminds me of that stage in Alpha 2, the one in the dark, windy field with the lighting in the background :).

One thing I was wondering was how much of the sprites in CvS2 are new as opposed to recycled...I presume most of the SNK cast was totally redone for the game.
    Well most of the SNK cast featured in the first CvS game so technically they're not new. As far as I know the completely new sprites in CvS2 are : Eagle, Kyosuke, Maki, Shin Akuma, Athena, Blood Iori, Chang, Haomaru, Hibiki, Rock, Todo and Ultimate Rugal. The rest of the SNK sprites only appeared in CvS Pro before. They look as fresh as the new ones to me though.

Oh come on, fighting against some windmills and grass as opposed to fighting on the roof of a New York Skyscraper with a helicopter taking off and landing in the background and that massive cowboy ad...don't forget the music too...fights seem more exciting with the fast paced New York music too. Also I only noticed today that Dudley features in the background of the London level...pity he wasn't included though.

Most of the SNK characters look a lot better drawn in the Capcom style...okay they don't look quite as moody but having seen Ryo's old look I much prefer him in CvS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Placebo wrote:
    yeah ,its so beautiful, lol.
    theres 2 more at the side(left side,read in the news section) one is a massive combo(havent seen-think its MvC2),
    http://home.coqui.net/evilaro/gamecombos/NKI-Vol7.Evo2004.Special.zip

one is , i dunno what it is, its 300+ mb so i wont be getting it.
    would like to see more SF3 but thats all they have, might check google.
    [/url]
    It isnt 300meg, its 36meg. Downloaded it there, a couple of amasing combo's in it, but overall it isnt that good, as it isnt fights it just sort of snaps of mega combo's and stuff, one unbelievable combo done by Storm and Magneto in CvS1, kills him in 1 combo, and he is in the air the whole time being played with like a ragdoll, insane stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement