Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evo2k final :Street fighter 3 video

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Jesus that gave me goosebumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

just seen it again, its just ....simply... a m a z i n g !

Can't....stop....watching...it.

Got any more videos from the tournament? For whatever reason when I click on media on shoryuken.com I get a forbidden message.

yeah ,its so beautiful, lol.
    theres 2 more at the side(left side,read in the news section) one is a massive combo(havent seen-think its MvC2),
    http://home.coqui.net/evilaro/gamecombos/NKI-Vol7.Evo2004.Special.zip

one is , i dunno what it is, its 300+ mb so i wont be getting it.
    would like to see more SF3 but thats all they have, might check google.

edit (good ol google) : Virtua fighter 4 vids from evo http://www.popcultureshock.com/news.php?id=680
    MvC2 vids : http://www.zachd.com/mvc2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL
    their both **** tee hee , building up their Xisms just for one move , should have put her down before then :)

Although the crowd really did scare me.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    LOL
    their both **** tee hee , building up their Xisms just for one move , should have put her down before then :)

Although the crowd really did scare me.

kdjac

You

Me

Snk vs Capcom choas.
    SF2
    etc

BRING IT ! :mad:

after i get my wireless router that is ;)

Placebo wrote:
    You

Me

Snk vs Capcom choas.
    SF2
    etc

BRING IT ! :mad:

after i get my wireless router that is ;)

many have tried......all have failed.

But seriously the 2 playing are crap ,like watching my kids playing.

kdjac

I played against you and you though i was using macro !
    we never finished it off, you said you won, but i lost count, this time once router arrives, il have laptop working (its fast) then il set up an excel sheet or something, proper tournament, we'll post it in the emulation forum.

games i can think off,
    Snk vs cap : chaos,
    Street fighter 2
    Street fighter alpha 3
    Kof2003
    1-2 more.

Best to use a variety of games

Winning eleven 6
    Sf2 CE
    Sf Alpha
    SVC one of those
    Capcom sports.

Maybe this time i get my trophy :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

here you go
    trophy.png

no wait... thats a .. um .. take it. you earned it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah its an impressive match(first video in first post) but I don't see what the fuss is about, I've seen MUCH better players than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i pasted that link earlier on irc.
    un****ingbelievable tbh. best comeback EVER

yeah i have to say it is the best come back
    and also Kdjac i watched it again, ken wasnt building up his ism, it was just the chunli dude.

Actually yeah that is a sweet comeback alright. Got any CvS2 videos placebo?

i am checking their forums, have a go at the shoruken forums.

Does anyone know how to do that block in the video in SF3 ? was trying it today couldnt do it. Got some faqs off ign and they had these massive ones on each character starting with ken was born in blah blah, he is a technical blah blha and this is how good he is and bull crap fan fiction ****e, no one wants to know, might go google.

tryed it on the hardest level and its wasnt as tough as i thought (bit disspointing) that last guy couldnt kill him a week back on medium, this time bet him once but didnt get through once again. stupid gill and may i add what a **** looking character.

Uh don't you mean parry and not block? Parry is the same as in CvS2 as far as I know.

i played CvS2 long time ago, i cant remember, i am thinking of buying it again.
    damn it ! why did i sell it !

anyway share the secret.

parry - tap Forward at moment of impact of opponent's attack ?

Placebo wrote:
    i played CvS2 long time ago, i cant remember, i am thinking of buying it again.
    damn it ! why did i sell it !

Yes, why did you sell it?! Why would anyone want to sell such a superb game :P .

Anyway yeah its called parrying, and yes you have to tap forward the very moment of the impact of the attack. There's a few FAQs over on Gamefaqs about the technique, check them out for in-depth detail about it.

• Advertisement

thanks for that, i feel we should have our own boards competition some day.
    i think i am good at SF3, thats the problem, the stupid Computer must be too ****, i must get out there.

i shall buy SvC2 (again)

I never really got into SF3. Partly because most of the characters annoyed the bollox off me due to their bad designs but mainly because I'm too cheap to buy a Dreamcast arcade stick, and trust me that game is no fun with the default controller :( .

We need a Fighting games forum on here :D .

yes we definatley do.

well i have the jap one here for ps2, believe me the ps2 controller is pants, the focking directional pad is dis joint etc, so will be buying the new street fighter controllers out with Anniversary edition, might buy the usa one to get SF3 in english, i'm loving the game (specially after that video clip) due to the fact its must more technical and not all SUPER COMBO finish, plus ive been meaning to play it since it was out in dreamcast, the old players look much better, some new ones are pretty alright, like that kid (i think hes also in the movie(anime) )
    Urine or whatever, he looks pants, as does tweleve, i mean wtf, but apprently there using full 60 frames per second animation or some mad thing, there fore looks great,
    loving it.

wasnt too pleased with CvS2 i guess, thats why i sold it soon after i bought it

As far as characters go -

I think the oldies are grand, though I prefer the newer Ryu, Ken and Akuma models in CvS2. The only new ones I can say I like are Alex, Hugo( though I'd have preferred Zangief), Elena, Makoto and Yun/Yang. the rest in my honest humble opinion are utter waste. And also Gill is quite possibly the worst boss ever, Capcom did it so well with Bison but they fell down badly here this time.

My main problem, as I have stated countless times before, is with the freaks. Necro, Q , Oro, Twelve and to a lesser extent Gill. I mean seriously, this isn't a Night Warriors game Capcom! They should've brought back Blanka and left that lot out. Also Q deserves the title of worst character ever. Yes even worse than Dan. He plays atrociously and has absolutely no story what so ever, no seriously he literally has no background plot.

like that kid (i think hes also in the movie(anime) )

Umm are you referring to the Streetfighter Alpha animé? If so wasn't the kid in that meant to be Ryu's long lost brother or some crap like that? And I'm guessing you mean Sean in SF3? Isn't he meant to be some fan of Ken or something whose following him around the world to challenge him?

I always thought that Q looked pretty cool although I've never actually used him. In the review of 3rd strike on ign/planetdreamcast they said that the colours seemed more muted than Double Impact...was that fixed for the ps2 version or is it still a problem?

Also how could you dislike CvS2, it's probably my favourite fighter of all time...theres just so much depth to it.

i dunno man, no endings and morgon put me off, so i was like wtf ? MORGAN !?
    she looked like i drew her, stupid ancient sprites.
    gn/planetdreamcast they said that the colours seemed more muted than Double Impact...was that fixed for the ps2 version or is it still a problem?

well third strike was released after double impact and on dreamcast there is a cheat to improve the resolution or something for SF3: 3rd strike.
    I havent seen the graphics for the dc version but 3rd strike on ps2 colours look pretty good.
    Umm are you referring to the Streetfighter Alpha animé? If so wasn't the kid in that meant to be Ryu's long lost brother or some crap like that? And I'm guessing you mean Sean in SF3? Isn't he meant to be some fan of Ken or something whose following him around the world to challenge him?

no, not sean, the other dude. dresses like ryu, white, skinny, small.
    Looks very similar to ryus long lost bro but this game was about b4 the anime, so could not be him.

I havent really picked anyopne besides ken and a few oldies.
    But Q ? Is that the weird looking old guy ?
    i agree, they should have just stuck to th mutation : blanka, or left him out./
    Gill is awful and the people in the back at the start look like the KKK.
    not only does gill look bad, his character design is not great either, should have stuck to bison, hes the bad guy. Does gill even have a story ? havent completed game yet but who the **** ?

read the caption lol http://media.dreamcast.ign.com/media/014/014367/img_1357198.html

No Q is the robot guy in the hat and long coat. I dislike him but I will admit to hating Twelve more. And actually now that I think about it, I take back what I said earlier. Twelve deserves the title of worst character ever.

i dunno man, no endings and morgon put me off, so i was like wtf ? MORGAN !?
    she looked like i drew her, stupid ancient sprites.
    I agree completly but the thing is I wont let a few bad character sprites put me off what is possibly one of the best 2D fighting games of all time. That's why in the year or so that I've had the game I used Morrigan only once and whenever she comes up in single player I just finish her quickly. Just ignore the crap ones and concentrate on the good ones :D.

Bad ones aside, what about the good sprites? There's plenty there and in my opinion some of the best ever. I for one drooled when I first saw Bison's new animation in CvS2.

Also there are endings, you just have to fight and beat either Shin Akuma or Ultimate Rugal to see them. Still though, I doubt you'll like them as they're not very good. Anyway CvS2 never struck me as the sort of game that'd need endings. Does the game even have an overall storyline as is? I always thought it was just an excuse to put characters from each side together in the same game. Sure according to the previous KOF/Fatal Fury game Geese and Rugal (I'm sure there are a few others too)are dead!

must get it back and play again, didnt pick all characters, hows the gameplay when put up to max hard ?

Was playing SF3, i seriously cant do parry, i cant do it the odd time, but its hard to do, that dude in the video timed it perfectly (using an arcade stick), god i am crap then so, lol./

oh that kids, ryus bro, the character that looks like him is Mokoto.
    Yeah twelve is crap, havent picked or seen Q yet, have it paused upstairs, fighting gill at the moment, his sprites are awful.

hows the gameplay when put up to max hard ?
    Hard, very hard and so frantic you'll need the reflexes of a cat to survive. If you can beat the game on hard then I take my hat off to you sir.

oh that kids, ryus bro, the character that looks like him is Mokoto.
    Well there's the first problem, Makoto is female :p.

• Advertisement

are you serious ? no way.Howd u know anyway, LOL, it looks like ryus bro.

Anyway completed it there with ryu, all japenese, so dunno wtfs going on there.
    15.jpg
    (excuse my stupidity, i'm unaware of most of their names, havent been playing it that long)
    -see the one above Hugo, she should go back to Tekken with her pseudo 3d animation.
    -The person above Q, should go back to KOF.
    -Urine or whatever, hes as bad as Gill.
    -Tweleve and the other russian monster, awful.
    Besides these the rest are grand. Alex's animation/sprites is pretty nice alright, dont mind ibuki (spell?) either, good new ninja character, Yun and his friend are not bad either, seans alright, but his voice is a bit annoying.
    Dudley is acceptable since balrog cant be the only boxer in the word (bit fatal fury lookinh though).
    Not a big fan of Hugo, but hes not the worst.

All in all, end boss, gill doesnt suit, he doesnt suit the game at all. Maybe have an evil ryu or something, even akuma, wouldnt mind the shadowloo team but i guess maybe that storys gotten old.

you need good at carrying out parry ? i am sucking at this, i hope i get better.
    Also there are endings, you just have to fight and beat either Shin Akuma or Ultimate Rugal to see them. Still though, I doubt you'll like them as they're not very goo

i remember i completed it and i think semi boss was geese, cant remember who was the last one and the end was basically FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD, on a stage and your character would be on first or whatever ?

Advertisement