Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Eleven 8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i'm definately happy they have added the press x for longer to pass to the player further away, very annoying to have a pass go to the one right next to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

heres a list of moves for WE8/7. Some are very tough to pull off though...

http://www.newstarsoccer.com/proevo.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

Lots of slowdown fixes there , dont have a PS2 so no clue if they work or not, very odd that its in the game.

Anyone know if there be a WE8 for PC out before Pes 4?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

No, it will be released on PS2 and XBOX before PC. and you will only get pro evo 4 on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

And news so far is pro evo 4 will be we8 except with less slowdown and all that crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

1. Slowdown. Personally this is disatrous. Corners and penalty area action cause the game to drop 10 fps or so. This varies in different stadia and whether the commentary is on, radar etc. That said i have had a few slowdown free matches.

I would give this 9/10 but cos of slowdown i'd go with 7/10

err isnt the slowdown cuz your playing an ntsc version of the game on pal ps2? it dosent actually affect the game unless its raining, in that case with corners it tends to slow down. I'm sure it wouldnt happen on a jap ps2 or am i wrong?

you're wrong, the japs are also reporting the same problems and it tends to be with the stadiums with the stand close by the goal line,

i got this from evo web and it gets rid of 90% of slowdown.
    Hi guys, I love this game but have been annoyed as most of you by the slow downs. I especially had this trouble on corners where it slowed right down to pretty much unplayable. Some stadiums do have less slowdown but I was getting loads at Old Trafford. Sure a fix is turn off the crowd but that's a crap atmosphere. What I did was change the supporter type to 1 star it shows this at the bottom of the screen(please don't get confused with home and away attendances). This means you have a full stadium and minimal if not any slowdown and I also feel the game is a lot faster than it was before all over the pitch. Supporter type is the one above Home and Away attendances. Let me know if this works as it has for me.

http://www.danny18.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/we8_014.jpg

That is the picture of it but don't have the supporter type the same as the one in the picture. When you move through the different supporter types it shows the stars at the bottom of the screen(the dark grey part). So select the one which corresponds to the one star at the bottom of the screen.

Real simple. You guys can do it this way. 1 star Home/away. Tv default camera angle. commentary off. You get crowds and you get the noise but you get HARDLY any slowdown if any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

cheesedude wrote:
    *Prays for the day Pro Evo 4 for pc is out; you just know the Wolf is gonna work his magic...*
    hopefully if he does get to work on these it gives it more time and support than he did with his 4.o relese my WE7 is still broke and unplayable thanks to that poxy release
    any news on a release date for we8 on pc
    Brock

Brock i dont know what happened. but ye sooner his website comes back the better.

we8 is only used in japan. pro evo 4 is the european release and is apparently going to be better than we8 as bugs will be fixed and updated rosters and squads and all that.

pro evo 4 is gonna be out 12/11/04 for pc according to play.com. that will prob be around october though as ps2 one is out then.

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:

we8 is only used in japan.

that what i meant is it out on PC as WE8 any earlier than pes4 ?

Come one you guys gotta know :)

/ me has just been promoted from div 2 to 1 (did the double) on masterleague on 3 stars im like a god at it now :0

kdjac

hey kdjac,

from what all the sites are saying, we8 will not be out for pc!

fair play on the ole promotion!!!

Hopefully when pes4 is out, i can challenge you online if, some rumours are to be believed, it has online play...

PS: That's a big IF! :D

Can play We6 online now ;)

Its meant to have it but Konami have a fear of online gaming so seriously doubt it, theres a mod being made for WE7I for online play but i think the key to is in the USB ports but they trying to a nice GUI before the actual mod, in my exp making it look nice before you make the mod is a bad thing.

kdjac

PES 4 will be released on PC. It's confirmed ages ago and maybe Live on XBOX.

The mod for WE7 online failed as it was using remote networking which had lag issues, and one computer had to host while the other had to join in the game. Wolf tried everything and failed

KdjaC wrote:
    / me has just been promoted from div 2 to 1 (did the double) on masterleague on 3 stars im like a god at it now :0

kdjac

i just did that too (well, lost in the cup semi final on pens) but i won the league and got promoted (despite some dodgy goals conceded in the playoff)

i came to ask a question though (pes3 pc), when you begin a new season, after pre-season, and you are in negative points (currency) do you get a game over screen?
    i was in negative by 400 or something and i got a game over screen, which i'm guessing was because of that
    i brought in 3 decent players and went into a little debt which i figured i would easily payback when the new season started :mad:
    hell, i got an offer for one of my reserves, that would've sent me into positive figures, but i didn't know that would happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does anyone know how to do that move with r3 properly on we7i and we8. In pes3 if you pressed up down on r3 the player would chip the ball over the other player and then you could run onto it. In we8 its pathetic cos the ball barely lifts off the ground

??

question about WE8, are the players still on rails?
    like when the ball runs loose and the player runs to get it along a set path and you can't change his direction or stop him running

No its still the same :o . Konami are starting to take the piss realesing this every year, twice a year in japan. The game is not getting any better. They they take one step forward and 2 steps back

eyerer wrote:
    question about WE8, are the players still on rails?
    like when the ball runs loose and the player runs to get it along a set path and you can't change his direction or stop him running

They never were on rails. If you hold down R1 and R2 you and move the player with the Dpad you can take full control. This was the case in we7/i, proev3 and we8. Not sure about the earlier ones.

Its explained here:

Scroll down to 'super cancel'

• Advertisement

They never were on rails. If you hold down R1 and R2 you and move the player with the Dpad you can take full control. This was the case in we7/i, proev3 and we8. Not sure about the earlier ones.

Its explained here:

Scroll down to 'super cancel'

Thanks for that!. Wish i had of known that sooner

cool

Just hold R2 and he moves to where you want him to go.

Eyerer i started in Div 1 with 220000 points ,didnt buy anyone in my 1st season only took loaners then when i won laods a dosh i bough all but one, Robbie keane ,won my 1st 2 div 1 games but badly need his dinky touches about the box and letahl finishing.

Really annoyed at CPU teams they wont sell me anyone.

Kelson goals default
    Hoflan Alpay Stremer back
    Verheyen Zagorakis Celnili Okocha C Ronaldo Mid
    Wichaeiak and Keane up front

but keane gone back to spurs tried to buy him for 10000 (4 more than his value) they said no. So i scrwed up front with Barota or Castollo to partner Polish dude.

Shame i cant do a chelsea and buy evereyone.

kdjac

220000 is a lot, unless you mean 22000 i don't know how you got that many points

what team are you playing as?
    i've got some of the same players as you stremer, barota and castollo
    i thought the names were random

i won division 2 with the crap players i started with and have since brought in pacey players (this game loves pace)
    my formation: (i don't like the narrow back 3 i have, need some full backs)

given
    unknown boumsong unknown
    quaresma unknown unknown
    reyes
    ----cisse
    castollo

cisse, and reyes in particular - good signings
    quaresma has done ok
    i'm going to bring in duff, a full back and central midfielder, alonso isn't so good in this game though

about my earlier game over post, i just went back to my most recent save game and played again, i brought in better players the second time too
    cisse is better than keane, he scored 2 hatricks in his first 4 games :)

KdjaC wrote:
    keane gone back to spurs tried to buy him for 10000 (4 more than his value) they said no.
    kdjac

try offering a little more than his value and bump up his wages a bit too

its a bit stupid though, tottenham wouldn't loan out keane to a second division club :)
    i'm generally happy though, its a lot easier to get players in this (and cheaper) than when i played champ manager

22000 :)

I had keane for 14 weks ,hes topscorer ,now im buggered transfer season closed and i have Castolo the donkey beside my target man Wichariek r somfin.

No matter what team you pick in master league you get the same bunch of muppets. Minanda Celnili Stremer IUougas not bad but not great either they best of the team and should hold onto them.

R Keane was 6000 i offered 10000 as i have a large stash of cash 19k atm but i have 19 broken down tranfers stupid CPU just wont sell me anyone.

kdjac

i had some transfers rejected, but i just went back offering more and more until i got them, never had to go 4000 over their value
    i brought in riise, cafu, henry, duff and was lining up ballack but i got another game over screen
    seems that if your squad is less than 16 you get game over, i didn't want to renew the contracts of the crap players as i had the money for good players, but i wasn't given a chance to expand my squad again :

i couldn't be bothered playing through all those games again, i'll wait for pro evo 4
    and maybe find out what causes game over to prevent it again

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

kensutz wrote:
    yes, well not quite you can get it on a hdd without the need for modding.

Hi guys, I'm going to buy this on import because i'm waiting on Pro Ev 4, and there's a number of other import games I want to pick up now.

What is the best way for me to play the import games? My PS2 is about 3 years old and on it's last legs so I'm planning on getting a new one anyway, so what's my best option with the old one? Get it chipped? If so, where can I get it done, or are there other options like the above that I can do?

Cheers

Jamie

• Advertisement

your best bet would probably to chip it, i have 1 of mine chipped so the hdd can go around in the different ps2's and I can play the imports on any other ps2 with the hdd in the back of it.

Advertisement