Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorway Construction Dublin - Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

It's because the existing road is so dangerous the NRA wants as much traffic as possible to switch to the new road. A tractor on a dual carriageway is fine; on a single carriageway national road it pushes people to drive dangerously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Cashel Bypass to open before the month is out
    So ive heard anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

murphaph wrote:
    This High Quality Dual Carriageway thing has been irritating me. I rarely drive outside Dublin except to buy stuff in NI but on Tuesday I drove to Cork and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the stretch of Dual Carrigeway into Cork was not signposted as a motorway, especially the new bit furthest from Cork.

Yeah, it's a nice stretch of road, but with a 60 limit and no speed limit signs anywhere advising you of the limit (and yeah I know you should probably assume it to be a 60). Crawling with speed cops too around the top end at Meenane(?) - I can imagine how many tourists they dish out an €80 fine for doing 70 along there... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Genghis

I have been looking at the Monasterevin by-pass, and I would say that it will be open before the end of the month alright. Signage is up, the road is painted, and they are completing the final intersection - the most northerly part of the M7 Portlaoise bypass has been closed about 3 weeks to facilitate these works.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sweeper4

[PHP]
    jank wrote:
    Cashel Bypass to open before the month is out
    So ive heard anyway :D

Driving past this over the last few months, and especially in the last week where the route has been changed to take you right to the beginning of the carriageway, it looks like they have decided to go with a roundabout at each side of the bypass that all routes will need to negotiate.
    Seems like an incredibly silly decision to me (although I wouldn't be surprised) so I assume I must be wrong. Does anybody know any different? I cannot find a detailed map of the scheme.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Do those Cashel roundabouts look a bit on the small side to anybody else, or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

N8 Cashel Bypass will open on Monday 11th October, 2004
    N7 Monasterevin Bypass will open on Monday 8th November, 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

De Rebel wrote:
    By my estimates, 75km is already completed. the additional sections will open as follows: 2004:+23km, 2006:+26km, 2007:+18km, 2008:+40km, 2009:+85km (DV)

The Cork-Dublin Motorway - Its a long way off.

It appears that I was unduly optimistic. According to this missive from the NRA, its going to be 2010.

6 More Years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

I Like these quotes from the above link

1/
    The scale and breathtaking pace at which the development of the country’s national road infrastructure is currently being carried out are, perhaps, best illustrated in the context of the M7 Dublin to Limerick/Cork routes.

2/
    means that, in less than 7 years, the Authority has overseen the
    construction of no less than 45 km of new M7 motorway,

I.e 4 miles of motorway per year on this route. Praise the lord

Advertisement