Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Luas tomfoolery

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Victor
    Then why does it reload every time you add an individual piece of information.
    Because it's badly written.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,796 ✭✭✭✭cormie

did anyone else try and touch the screen just incase the buttons worked? hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Superman
    But it is handy for gettin from connoly to heuston, because in order to go on train from galway to waterford you got to go to dublin first then go to the different station and get a second train.
    For Galway - Waterford, you can change at Kildare / Newbridge of Heuston, Connolly is useless to you unless you are going to Wexford or Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Moved to transport/commuting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

No wonder there was an accident today.

Any truth in the rumour it was a 4x4/SUV?
    jd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by jd
    Any truth in the rumour it was a 4x4/SUV?
    jd
    Nope. Twas a small car. An eighties micra or fiesta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I saw a muppet drive her car up Harcourt Street from Stephen's Green today, turned every head on the street.

10 seconds later a guy half parks in a yellow box junction, when I suggested (OK, heckled from the far side of the street ;)) he move out of the way of the on-coming tram, I was told "maybe you should too".

No wonder there was an accident today.

ROFL! What a comeback eh.. he must have felt so smug ;)
    Originally posted by cormie
    did anyone else try and touch the screen just incase the buttons worked? hehe

yeh.. my finger's sore. if only this was america i could sue luas ..

Originally posted by Mear
    ROFL! What a comeback eh.. he must have felt so smug ;)
    Well I suppose there was a risk of the tram derailing at under 5kmh, crossing the track and mounting the footpath, crashing through the light pole and pinning me to the ground ..... or maybe the was an errant granny in a wheelchair, speeding down the footpath. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It seems to have given the same attention to detail as the rest of the Luas project.

Perhaps you might want to elaborate on this pretty lazy remark

Furthermore, is this demo flash thing available for the general public to find or is it something that the geeks amongst us are likely to find? I haven't seen it on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You accuse me of a lazy remark and yet it appears that you didn't click on the link or read the responses of those who did ?????

The site is poorly designed.
    The Luas is late and over budget.
    These facts are self evident.
    And that your honour is the case for the prosecution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I did read your post but obviously didn't read mine!

In response ...
    The site is poorly designed

Lazy answer. Why? The site may not win any awards but it is straightforward, informative aand does the job.
    The Luas is late and over budget.

It may be late but Minister Brennan would disagree with the over budget bit according to his radio interviews during the week. The €200m was an initial estimate and not a contract price. I have no knowledge what the contract price is.
    These facts are self evident.
    What facts...very easy to write this one liner, eh?

The fact that a flash demo of the ticketing machines is hardly the end of the world!! Is it still accessable via a link on the web site? Perhaps the developer was testing his wares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Originally posted by Superman
    The red line is going to be far far more ghetto! Such tasteful places as fatima > rialto > suir road > golden bridge > drimnagh > blackhorse. Oh yeah, it also ends up in tallaght. I think its handy the way their are two hospitals on the line! Handy for when ya's gets tha stabbin's.

Subject to ban-age from Victor for attacking the poster as apposed to the post - Superman - you really come across as a knob is that statement. Unless Victor asks me to explain this, I really couldn't be bothered to otherwise.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Originally posted by dazberry
    Subject to ban-age from Victor for attacking the poster as apposed to the post - Superman - you really come across as a knob is that statement. Unless Victor asks me to explain this, I really couldn't be bothered to otherwise.
    D.

here! what! i didn't attack poster at all! I was just pokin fun at the red line which i think is going to be a recipe for disaster.

please tell me who/what I offended!

Originally posted by dazberry
    Subject to ban-age from Victor for attacking the poster as apposed to the post
    You get your wish. PM me next weekend.

Superman, while yes some of those areas do yes suffer from deprivation and ghettoisation, you are being a bit broad and insulting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Superman, is it not a good thing to see investment in deprived areas? Or should only wealthy areas be in receipt of Government investment?

Maybe we should only build schools and hospitals in D4 and Malahide from now on?

I have no doubt that scumbags will travel on the Red Line. But so will normal decent people.

I don't want to get banned, do I won't make a personal comment :)

I was just making a joke!
    Besides its pretty hard to sugar coat some of those areas. never once did I say they shouldn't of put the luas there. I think it is good for those areas but will be a bit more dangerous than the other line.
    All I said about those areas being ghetto was "The red line is going to be far far more ghetto! ", and lo! Victor actually agree's with me "yes some of those areas do yes suffer from deprivation and ghettoisation"

I think you all need to stope being so prudent and take a joke, the right way! If i wanted to offend everybody I could of wrote a far harsher post!

BTW I think banning is extremely childish, "Oh no! I don't like that post, I think i'll send the poster to the bold corner" - why don't you just give me lines , i can see it now : I will not post messages thst critisize anything x 50

Originally posted by Sarsfield
    I have no doubt that scumbags will travel on the Red Line.

yet another person agree's with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by l3rian

thats right pork99, even Pyongyang has a decent metro, just compare the north korean dictatorship's nice public transport system to our rubbish map above

If we had a command economy and thousands of political prisoners to use as expendable slave labour I'm sure we could do the same

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

wasn't there already incidents of rock throwing at the LUAS on the red line during testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

If we had a command economy and thousands of political prisoners to use as expendable slave labour I'm sure we could do the same

It's probably Kim Jong's personal transport system between his various "palaces of the people", I'd love to have a country I could treat as my own amusement park the way he does...

• Advertisement
Advertisement