Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DON'T SHOP AT Superfurry.com

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

The Data Protection Act, Very interesting kida

I have contacted a friend of mine who is a solicitor in the UK and I am just waiting to see where I stand legally on this issue.

If you have any helpful links I would be most grateful.

<EDIT> I have just called the Data Protection Agency and they think I have a very good case, I will have to contact the UK Data Protection Agency as superfurry.com is based in the UK. </EDIT>

/Kone

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I have contacted a friend of mine who is a solicitor in the UK and I am just waiting to see where I stand legally on this issue.

Or you could contact the person in question, and resolve it with them. Neither one you have come off quite well from what I've seen so far.

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    Or you could contact the person in question, and resolve it with them. Neither one you have come off quite well from what I've seen so far.

I would love to contact the person in question but she/he insists on bouncing all my emails. I'm not interested 'in coming off quite well!', I want to know why superfurry.com posted my private emails without my permission?

I have contacted the UK Information Commisioners, they believe I have a case.

I am filling out a complaint form right now!

/Kone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Aye, molehill tbh. They were wrong fair enough, I agree, but this is a bit extremist.

Fair enough, I take your point koneko but would you be happy if someone like play.com or komplett.ie posted your email history here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Course not, but I'd take it up with them. Try a different e-mail address, see how they respond. They might block that one too hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I am absolutely astounded that the guy from the SFA shop would email someone unrelated to the company emails from a customer!

And even more astounded that Supa Animal Fan would see fit to post the ENTIRE thing in here! Some friend and fan you are, he could lose his job over something like this. Did you even bother to tell him you were going to post his email on the most popular web site in Ireland?

What a smart move!

As for Kone, nice of you to edit the mails to make yourself look like a poor innocent customer, belittled by the might of the SFA store. Now i've seen the mails in context, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

You are spot on koneko, they block every address I have used to contact them, everything from yahoo.com to o2.ie and back again, they refuse to talk to me. I have no option left other than to go to the Information Commisioner

eth0_ : I posted the portions of the email that irritated me, sorry if this was confusing for you, I forgot you were a mac user

I don't want anyone to lose their job, I just want an explantion!:p

Originally posted by Kone

eth0_ : I posted the portions of the email that irritated me, sorry if this was confusing for you, I forgot you were a mac user

I don't want anyone to lose their job, I just want an explantion!:p

It wasn't "confusing" for me, and I think you're the one insulting peoples intelligence here, not the SFA guy! I pointed out that it was grossly unfair of you to post portions of the emails which make the guy in the shop look like a right a**hole, when in fact, when read in the context of the full mails, you're the one who has the attitude problem IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by eth0_
    As for Kone, nice of you to edit the mails to make yourself look like a poor innocent customer, belittled by the might of the SFA store. Now i've seen the mails in context, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, I agree with eth0 here, you misrepresented an exchange Kone, and put it as the central point of a thread recommending that other people stop shopping at superfurry.com. You may find that they would have been in a position to take some sort of legal action against you for some sort of anti-business defamation. I'm actually pretty disgusted that you were so desperate for content for an After Hours thread that you'd generate such a selectively edited post.

If nothing else, I'd recommend to the chap at superfurry.com that he don't conduct email exchanges with customers the way you'd conduct an internet chatroom conversation. Above all else, his costs are overhead and the customer is profit. His tone did leave a lot to be desired and he would have been better off responding in an unemotional way.

As for Supa Animal Fan, on posting the email exchange: what an ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

yeah I thought the guy in SFA shop was an a-hole until I saw the full conversation. Obviously, that has changed my mind (sorry if this sentence offends anyone!)

Funny how that, now you've been caught misrepresenting what was actually said, you've now dropped the "isn't this guy a pr*ck" line and are now shouting
    "oooooh you posted my mail. DATA PROTECTION ACT!"

Quit sulking at being caught out and take it like a man Kone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Supa Animal Fan
    PIE also said to me that his time is precious to him what with looking after his 15 month daughter and another due in 2 weeks, self employed and runs the SFA shop...

Lies, all lies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pie_SFA

Well, well, well. The Mice have been busy since the cat’s been away.
    SCANDAL! It said. Follow this link. Better check this out I thought.

So here I am.

My name is PIE and I am the spiritual webmaster of superfurry.com.
    I must admit that I have been away on business this past year and have not had the pleasure of checking in with my old .com pal. So on getting back I thought, better check it’s still there, even though they stopped the pay check way back when, it’s still my old home officially.

But what do I find when I get there?

The customers are brawling with the staff, there’s blood and bottles flying in every direction, bits of broken table all over the place and there goes the house cat with its tail on fire. Gosh this isn’t how I remembered it. Usually the slugs were made over on the SFA guestbook for one and no one got that ****ty that they called in THE MAN in to resolve things.

Anyway just thought I’d check in and see what the fuss was all about.

It seems to me - and I wouldn’t take what I have to say too seriously as I am a one eyed midget monster with bad skin - that on the one hand you have this stressed out, part time, low paid, SFA Fan who is trying to offer a basic e-shop service for fans, who gets sod all support or enthusiasm to keep things going from anyone, management included. On top of which he gets about 200 emails a day from customers asking for the status of their order 25 days shy of the 28 days stated in the shop, which really does mean 28 days if you’re lucky, due to the simple fact that our lone SFA shop worker is a low paid, part time, stressed out dedicated SFA fan working out of a toilet that doubles as a cheap sauna. And on the other hand you got a geezer, who quite rightly expects a decent service in return for his cash and the support he gives by buying an independently distributed album, which by the way is a top notch furry classic, who receives a one line email telling him to bug off and wait ‘is turn.

From what I can see from this little seed of dual discontent is that the weapons of mass destruction are landing from all corners of the globe and it ain’t goin’ nowhere but sideways.

Now I’m not saying all this contains a certain amount of entertainment value for all the bystanders out there, but come on guys this is basic communications stuff here and for the sake of a bit of good old furry logic being applied there’s no point in 1) A fan not being able to get his hands on said classic album and 2) Our shop spod getting worked up to the point where he might pack it all in shop and all.

So as master of the SFA on-line universe I hereby command all minions and diplomats of the furry core to look into providing a) A copy of re-mix album gratis to offended fan and b) A handshake in the direction of stressed shop worker.

And to finish may I just say that personally I do not appreciate 1) The use of my name and good rep without my knowledge 2) Having emails being sent to people who have nothing to do with this tiff threatening the use of THE MAN.
    To those concerned you should know what I mean by that!

Now would someone please get a dustpan and brush out and clean this place up and could someone throw a bucket of water over the cat before its skin burns off?

In the meantime the address of the offended should be forwarded to pie@superfurry.com, the real PIE that is, not the fake one! So we can arrange a delivery. BTW if any other bugger thinks that by doing this all over again they can get a freebie well you can kiss my wrinkly arse!!

PS If there are any customer service reps out there that would like to learn how to best deal with the genuinely obnoxious customers they have to deal with every day, please email shop@superfurry.com for a tip sheet worth its weight in gold.

Peace and goodwill,

PIE
    SFA

PS I’m outta here for ever, like a vacuum man.

:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

ive read that post twice and its completely incoherant. im undecided if its just someone random taking the piss.

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    ive read that post twice and its completely incoherant. im undecided if its just someone random taking the piss.

Naw, it definitely sounds like someone who works for the Super Furries to me!
    Go SFA, GO! :-)

Originally posted by Sleipnir

Quit sulking at being caught out and take it like a man Kone!

Hmmm, sulking? Moi? :p

Pie_SFA, you sound like a true SFA man to me, I appreciate the gesture, a mail is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Posting portions of the communication was a deliberately misleading move aimed to garner sympathy and to make this company look considerably worse than what I have read merited. You had no compunctions coming on here and bad mouthing them. look at the thread title FFS.

The word "obviously" is ill advised and seems patronising but certainly the rest of the mail is courteous. So mountain out of molehill me thinks.

As for posting full texts of communication - not a great move. But its more accurate than what Kone did and quoting people and companies out of context in order to lose them business is just as bad. Your name should have been removed however.

Free CD and a handshake sounds fair enough :)

Ok, ok...

I admit it wasn't a smart move posting sections of the email as oppossed to the whole thing but being human I do make mistakes and for this I apologise to all at SFA (PIE I've mailed you), in hindsight it does give a lopsided view of the disagreement. Sorry.

I love the SFA and throughly recommend their music to everyone (Keep on eye out for the GLC too!)

If my email is unblocked, I would like to apologise directly to the man in question.

regards,
    /Kone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I think you should give the free CD to me as compensation.
    all in favour say aye.

Nay! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

I've bought off Super Furries Shop before and had no problems ..... all seems to be sorted here ... so let bygones be bygones and support the Furries !!!!!

Well said wiped, Gwan the Furries!

Water under the bridge....

Monty can you lock this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Thread closed upon request of thread starter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement