Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DON'T SHOP AT Superfurry.com

Options
  • 17-06-2004 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Grrrr! I am one angry man today!

I ordered the new SFA remix album from the superfurry.com website last week.
    I noticed that they state that all order can take up to 28 days to delivery, fair enough, that's not too long to wait for a great album.

Yesterday I was wondering if all orders take 28 days or if they just state that to cover their behinds! so I emailed their shop@ address and asked.

I received this reply...

"Obviously you haven't read the delivery schedule under info http://www.superfurry.com/acatalog/info.html"

I was a little annoyed at the short and snappy response so I mailed back...

"You know you increase the chance of repeat custom by behaving in a
    professional and pleasant manner"

Ok, it was a little bit rude but I felt they deserved it!

In response I got "Aren't some people getting touchy nowadays, have I offended you?"

This, to me, was the final straw, so I decided to cancel my order (I didn't want to as the website is the only place you can get the remix album right), I sent another email

"I love SFA and I have all the albums and I would love to support them by buying merchandise from the website but this method of treating customers leaves me cold. Please cancel my order"

I find that it bounces back, I send it again, got another bounce!

About 15 minutes later I received this email....

"We have decided to cancel your order (no monies taken so no monies to be refunded)

Your email has been blocked.

SFA Management"

So they have cancelled my order for me and blocked my address!!!

Now that's customer service!

Beware the fickle hand of SFA Shop and SFA Management!

/Kone

PS: I have sent another email from a different address asking for an explanation, I won't be holding my breath!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Cool!!! :cool: Are they hiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Dunno man, but it sounds like the best customer support job ever.

Customer: I have a question
    Rep: You're an idiot

Customer: Hey that's not fair!
    Rep: Tuff Sh1t, we're blocking you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭endanagle

Just go to your CC company, and get them to cancel the payment...

simple!

edit:
    and better again, it still costs them the commision that their paymnt provider charges them, and they prob have to pay agin for the cancelled card transaction

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

you should contact SFA and thell them their shop customer support are nobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

i wud go straight to the management of the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well you got what you wanted in the end, and they obviously don't want moaners like you shopping with them. I wish I could be like that with some people I have to deal with. They had a fair point, it did say it'd take 28 days for delivery but like most other impatient cocks, you wouldn't accept that

John

Originally posted by Lump
    Well you got what you wanted in the end, and they obviously don't want moaners like you shopping with them. I wish I could be like that with some people I have to deal with. They had a fair point, it did say it'd take 28 days for delivery but like most other impatient cocks, you wouldn't accept that

John

I think you missed the point 'Lump',

I was quite happy to wait 28 days, if you read my original post you will see that.
    I've worked in various customer support jobs in the past and believe me I've dealt with far worse than people asking when their order will be posted and always managed somehow to act in a polite manner! :p

I will let the impatient cock comment go for now because I'm not a petty person ;)

/Kone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

How long did you wait before emailing them?

2 weeks

:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I would love to be able to deal with customes like that.
    RyanAir try it sometimes and I love them for it.

In you're case it was a bit harsh though.

It's a "no bull****" approach we have lost over here in favour of a politically correct US style "Have a nice day :)" "professionalism".

tribble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Kone, if you were aware it took 28 days to deliver, why were you calling them after 14?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

John

another charming post lump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Fairly crap service - is there any other email addresses on the site. I am sure the band would love to know fans were treated this way. Or try to track down an email address for themthrough the official site.

BTW great album - got a copy from a friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Send them an email thanking them for cancelling your order and that you have since bootlegged it off a mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

They had the chance to sell and they lost it. Download the album now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by ballooba
    Send them an email thanking them for cancelling your order and that you have since bootlegged it off a mate.

They'd probably get IMRO or someone after him!
    I can't BELIEVE those emails! Is there no one checking the quality of the customer service? Complain to their record label and management, i'm sure they'd be pretty angry to hear what happened to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Oh, and it's £5.50 CHEAPER (with free delivery) on play.com!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Complain to their record label and management, i'm sure they'd be pretty angry to hear what happened to you.

Or you'll have your complaints routed to the same Customer Service Department. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    another charming post lump

Why do you bother posting?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Supa Animal Fan

Hi all,

Came across this post by accident and was interested to see what all the fuss was about. It so happens that I know PIE from the shop, have been buying goods from him since the shop first opened. I emailed him last night to ask him what was going on.

First of all I have to say I think he is a great bloke and has always gone out of his way to help me out in the past.
    Second, PIE mailed me the full conversation that went on with Mr ‘Dummy out of the Pram’ and to his convenience had not posted the full answer, here it is;

Hi,

Can you please tell me the status of order PD151110001992?

thanks,
    Paul

Hi,

Obviously you haven't read the delivery schedule under info http://www.superfurry.com/acatalog/info.html , unfortunately there is a 28 working day delivery rule. This is to help to keep the running costs of the shop to a minimum as all profits go towards funding the band. You may wonder how this helps to keep the cost down, I only work part time on processing and shipping orders (2 days a fortnight) as the SFA could not afford to employ someone to work on a daily basis and pay them a full wage. If possible I try to ship orders earlier depending on how many I have to process at the time but I can not put a date to any delivery.

Sorry for the long wait.

Cheers
    PIE SFA

Dear 'PIE SFA',

Obviously, you haven't been trained in the fine art of customer service!

You know you increase the chance of repeat custom by behaving in a
    professional and pleasant manner and not launching straight into an attack on the
    customer's intelligence!

I have, of course, read the delivery schedule, I was simply wondering if
    this was on 'across-the-board' schedule or if some orders were delivered
    before the 28 day waiting period. Your competent yet somewhat irritating
    reply has answered my question.

regards,
    Paul Dunne

Aren't some people getting touchy nowadays, have I offended you? (which is
    not my intention). I have used this exact answer many times before without
    any problems.

I receive many emails from customers enquiring about the delivery times on
    their orders and 99% of the time they have not read the info which would
    have answered their question.

Your original question was very brief and I can't mind read. You were simply
    wondering was it on the 'across-the-board' schedule or if some orders were
    delivered before the 28 day waiting period, Why didn't you ask that in the
    first place rather than leaving me to read between the lines?

You are the one who is now trying to be unpleasant and please don't lecture
    me on how I should or shouldn't go about my business. This is the first time
    I have had a reply like this out of all the thousands of emails I have
    responded too, so I can't be doing a bad job.

Go and take your anger and frustration out on someone else please.

PIE SFA

PIE also said to me that his time is precious to him what with looking after his 15 month daughter and another due in 2 weeks, self employed and runs the SFA shop and does not want to spend any more time dealing with this matter just because somebody took an offence with the word ‘Obviously’. (WOW that’s so below the belt). So the order was cancelled and his email blocked. I don’t blame him!!.

I felt I had to say something as PIE did not want to take this matter any further and just wants to get on with the orders.

I think someone is being a little over sensitive and has got to much time on his hands and needs to get a life.

From a true fan,

SAF.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Enlightening to see the full email texts, although I'm not sure of the niceties of a) SFA's people releasing these emails to a 3rd party and b) posting them up, personal details included, on a bulletin board.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by Supa Animal Fan
    PIE also said to me that his time is precious to him what with looking after his 15 month daughter and another due in 2 weeks, self employed and runs the SFA shop ...

His personal life is of no relevance whatsoever so I don't know why you would mention that. He's dealing with a company, not someone in the Buy And Sell.
    No matter how rude a customer is, his job as a customer service rep is not to lecture the customer. If he's rude, politely but firmly request he stop that. I'm sure we've all been in jobs/positions where we'd like to insult the customer if he's being a dumbass, but you don't. You can't.

Unless he was mailing him back with all sorts of swearing, there's no reason to block his e-mail.

Btw, you just made the company look worse. You don't even work for them yet somehow you obtained customers e-mails? I'm sure that's in violation of some sort of data privacy thingeemajigs (maybe not, but it's bad practice anyhoo)

Why do you bother posting?

John

i thought the same when i read your post, you didnt exactly contribute a lot to the discussion.

id pretty much agree with everything koneko had to say. personal info about the employees personal life are irrelevant. he was ott with the customer and it doesnt look great that he gave the emails to some third party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Supa Animal Fan

So it's ok for 'Mr Dummy out of the pram' to tell his fabricated version of the story but Oh no!! PIE can't because of data protection act, how convenient to win an argument.

When I hear an argument I want hear and see the full facts. Have you ever considered becoming an MP?

And don’t try and come across and being whiter than white and that you would never ever be rude to someone, which I think he wasn’t.

SAF

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Of course he isn't whiter than white, he left out a lot of the mails/info, and did sorta make a mountain out of a molehill.

But coming on here you've made things worse. What kind of company (one-man company or not) gives out customers emails to his mates? You can't see how dodgy that is?

And for the record, I used to work in customer service and tech support and was never rude to a customer. You take 10 minutes after you read the e-mail, get angry, whatever, but don't behave like that. If you can't control your anger and at least be polite it means you're **** at your job, basically. Any customer service course will tell you that, even the 20 minute ones.

for all we know you are the support guy. you've regged a new account to argue about it which suggests you have some vested interest. why do you care if he puts his side of the story, he hasnt posted himself, he just wants to "get on with things".

everyone has had rude customers and of course sometimes everyone wants to have a go back, it dosent mean you should get away with it if you do. from reading the emails above i think they were as bad as one another and the rep didnt come across professional at all.

Ok, thank you very much for that Supa Animal Fan,

I am unsure of the legality of releasing a customer email and personal information on a public forum but you can be sure I will be investigating right away.

Of course I understand the pressures of customer/technical support work, I've been there myself and dealt with people who were abusive and threatening and I understand that you may have felt irritated but this is no excuse for posting private details.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    FROM SUPERFURRY.COM

Privacy Policy

The SFA do not disclose fans information to anyone. Cookies are used on this shopping site but only to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Show me where I posted fabricated a story? I think you'll see everything I originally posted is included in the FULL EMAIL that you have posted.

I'm not finished with you yet....

/Kone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Get off your high horse Kone

Originally posted by L5
    Get off your high horse Kone

Neeeeeighhhhh! :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

I am sure data protection in the UK would be very interested in the contents of this thread.

P.S. Wanna know here to download it? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement