Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psychic Protection

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Originally posted by keu
    the philosophy board mustn't be very entertaining..fysh has no one to pick on over there.(ie:me)

tbh..I don't give a sh it if the philosophers or scientificaly minded people don't get it..I really really don't.

If they want proof, I suggest they locate me (or any other medium online) at a site where readings are performed, or contact me by phone (via pm)

Now now, language. That sort of a response is hardly conducive to any sort of productive discussion (although it's not the first time you've responded to one of my posts in such a way - I'm beginning to think that you don't like me much, so it's a good thing I'm not particularly bothered).

Anyway.

It's not that I "don't get it", it's that I honestly cannot see any reason to not presume you're making the entire thing up, either consciously or out of a subconscious reaction to your evident boredom at what others might refer to as the "ordinary world".

Regarding talking by phone...I'm game if you are, but don't expect me to tolerate unverifiable nonsense if this goes ahead. I expect more than fluffy vagueness from someone trying to change my world view - and on that note, I notice you've given up posting in the philosophy forum. I presume it was the part of the charter that said you would be expected to back up your arguments that put you off? Or maybe the persistent questions you couldn't/wouldn't answer?

ffs...i've lost count of the amount of times servers go down when a particularly strong energy signature shows up. (happens all the time at sites where readings are performed)
    Why did it happen here and not the site where the recipient was located? Because I was channeling the energy.
    and yes..suicide is tragic, and yes..usually it (server bumping) occurs where very strong energy is present (those being the ones who's desire to communicate is overwhelming.)

In that case, I presume you'd be willing to point me to some independent scientific data (ie not just a bunch of people encouraging each other's imaginings) on the topic. I mean, if you're right then this has serious implications for the computer industry. I mean, you'd want server racks in the right locations (places with low suicide rates), you'd want to do something about those inconsiderate people "channelling" the energy to remote sites and causing server crashes, and you'd probably need to have some very advanced social monitoring system to try and predict outages.

I know the charter says this forum is not primarily about debating/debunking theories, and I accept that. The reason I'm asking this is because, according to keu's statements, this is a perfect case for those interested in paranormal phenomena to gather some evidence and present proof to the world that there is more to our universe than what current models describe. As previously stated, with groups such as PRI in existence and present on here, an easily verified phenomenon should be examined as closely as possible.

Strange how I've heard nothing about any of this, despite working in Tech Support and having done physics and computer science in college.

f
    ysh..I know how much you like to be right all the time, thats why you and simu have your own cubby hole over in philosophy where you can reward yourselves all day long.

I doubt you can understand how it feels to be shot in the head, or how it feels to suffocate. Thats what differs between you and me fysh, but you consider what I feel as the product of an over active imagination. Yet my over active imagination has produced results in the form of confirmation (names dates, personal information with regard to deceased relatives) The person who required evidence got it.

You're telling me that you know exactly what it's like to be shot in the head? You realise that in order to be one hunder percent certain of the accuracy of your "vision" (or however you refer to your alleged abilities), you would have to shoot yourself in the head to compare?

On a separate note, I've lost count of the number of times that many techniques cmmonly used by "mediums" to "contact" or "channel" the dead or have been exposed as fraudulent and based on psychological manipulation of people in a vulnerable mental state using open ended leading questions and a few statistical tricks, among other things.

Never mind the fact that, according to your own argument, you cannot realistically deny that I might well be channelling messages from a god telling me that, actually, you're lying. The only possible counterargument you can present to this would be that, given my apparent mindset, it is unlikely (you cannot prove it to be impossible) for me to have such abilities. Which technically means I can make up what I like, and you can do likewise, and any real phenomena that occur along the way will be dismissed as fictitious, thereby preventing any useful further understanding of said phenomena from being reached.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Originally posted by keu
    Jesus fysh..your taking ages to write your response..it must be a reallly long one. How about I cut to the chase. I'll tell you what you want to hear.
    Your brilliantly intelligent, far more than anyone here, unequally so and much more than the rest of us that would like to consider ourselves as members of the human species, but I'm sure you already know that. I'm just some dumbass freak who experiences delusions for reasons beyond anyones comprehension, but you might think out of inesecurity and a need for recognition, a talentless brainless person who cannot compete in the real world, particularly with real people who have spent years obtaining pieces of paper denoting their intelligence..but you know that already too.

ok?

happy?

(edit: and along with the gift of being right all the time you KNOW for a fact that that there's no such thing as spirits and when your dead you cease to exist)

Has anyone ever told you how petulant you are?

As I've said in my previous reply, I'm not stating that there are no such things as spirits. What I have repeatedly done is ask you for any sort of evidence that might encourage me to move away from my currently held understanding of the universe, and you've failed to do anything more than throw temper tantrums and insult me. In other such topics, for example the existence of extraterrestrial life, I hold quite firm beliefs, which I can back up with reasoned arguments (in the case of this example, the statistical improbability of Earth being the only planet in the universe to develop life is so staggeringly small that I am happy to accept that somewhere else, life has or will evolve. Whether we ever get to meet it is another question entirely).

I haven't said you're a talentless freak, since such considerations would have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. If that's what you assume from the fact that I disagree with you then I can only conclude that you have some fairly deepseated insecurities, but again - this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Furthermore - I have never made a big issue about my "pieces of paper" except when they might be directly relevant and helpful in a given topic (for example, when you suggested that the mind is the result of matter-antimatter interactions within the brain and I pointed out that this is extremely unlikely given the current physical understanding of such interactions and their consequences). Likewise, I don't consider myself to be particularly intelligent - however, I do expect that if someone wants to discuss a given topic, they should be able to understand, analyse and construct chains of reasoning. I've never said you're incapable of this, I have merely pointed out the flaws in the chains of reasoning you have presented, and where relevant asked for evidence to support a given link in a chain.

I can't help but feel you're scraping the bottom of your barrel with these sort of responses, really. Jumping to incorrect conclusions about my beliefs, incorrect assesments of my personality, reading insults where none have been hurled...

Lastly - I take my time with my replies because I like to try and make sure that I'm expressing myself correctly, that there aren't any silly mistakes in my posts, and that I don't just fly off the handle in response to someone challenging my beliefs. I'm sorry if this somehow upsets you, although I won't be changing my habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by keu
    a week before the server crashed, I discussed the events in pm with nick oliveri.
    a week before. The conversation should be logged.
    I was referring to a different site, but ultimately I stated the server went down four times. (and then had to be replaced)
    Why don't you ask him for confirmation?

The HDD problems may only be meaningful if you believe in synchronicity.
    The energy acts like a power surge.

btw..I don't expect anyone to take anything at face value, but maybe if nick was around he might be able to confirm the gist of the connversation we had with regard to spirit energy and servers crashing. (it wasn't suggestive at the time, but incidently everyword of it came true)

Well, the disk problems were meaningful for me in the sense that I couldn't log in to boards for a while!

Tbh, it looks to me that you're looking for an unnecessary elaborate explanations for this event. This wouldn't really bother me all that much except that I find it a bit morbid and insensitive to drag some supposed victim of suicide into this.

Neway, I don't really want to get into the details of this specific topic as it soesn't interest me but this thread brings to mind some more wide-ranging queries I have about the paranormal and I will start a new thred to discuss these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Has anyone ever told you how petulant you are
    yep.

I could be making it all up fysh, but If I am, how come the information is always correct? When I offer information relating to someones deceased relatives howcome it's always right?
    I'm not talking suggestive information like..oooh he had dark hair and liked football, I'm referring to names and dates, specific personal information.
    I'm not saying there isn't a bunch of people who do just make it all up, I've met a lot of them, I've never recieved information I could validate from any medium to date.
    But I bet I could teach you how to do it fysh.
    If your game.

With regard to finding some evidence, a previous "constructive conversation" was closed as it didn't follow the format of the forum....so rather than I do it for you, why don't you do it yourself?

What are you offering to teach me, exactly? And, since I am at least curious, how would you suggest going about the teaching aspect?

As previously stated, I have certain restrictions on what I'm willing to expend time/effort on - I've attended a couple of transcendental meditation classes in the past (among other things) and, well, suffice to say that the word unimpressed would be a very mild description of my overall impression.

• Advertisement

I've been thinking about how we can do this via the board, but as I'm all up for seeking "truth" too, I'm willing to make an effort to find some.
    What I'm suggesting is, that you provide me with information, re: my deceased loved ones or whatever information comes up. (rather than me doing it, this is the best way that you can find validation for yourself as its harder to refute)
    I've been careful not to give away too much information about myself on boards since I joined, anything I previously posted may not actually be the truth :)
    I was going to describe a method of obtaining this information via meditation, so I'm pleased I don't have to go through that process as you are already aware of whats involved.
    ok.
    So if your willing to do this (genuinely) and willing to offer a little of your time to focus your attention in this area, I would really appreciate it.
    If so let me know, than I can offer some direction.
    (maybe a few people can try)
    I don't know what the outcome will be, but I think its an interesting experiement.

might be slightly off topic and maybe even slightly controversial, but on the subject of suicide, does anybody know if that bubbles bloke is still alive?

Originally posted by keu
    I've been thinking about how we can do this via the board, but as I'm all up for seeking "truth" too, I'm willing to make an effort to find some.
    What I'm suggesting is, that you provide me with information, re: my deceased loved ones or whatever information comes up. (rather than me doing it, this is the best way that you can find validation for yourself as its harder to refute)
    I've been careful not to give away too much information about myself on boards since I joined, anything I previously posted may not actually be the truth :)
    I was going to describe a method of obtaining this information via meditation, so I'm pleased I don't have to go through that process as you are already aware of whats involved.
    ok.
    So if your willing to do this (genuinely) and willing to offer a little of your time to focus your attention in this area, I would really appreciate it.
    If so let me know, than I can offer some direction.
    (maybe a few people can try)
    I don't know what the outcome will be, but I think its an interesting experiement.

I'm intrigued, though I must stress that I'm still very skeptical about the whole thing. However, I would appreciate some more information on you do, as part of the reason I hold transcendental meditation in such low regard is because the process was described to me, literally, as "focusing and aligning your brainwaves with those of everyone the room", a statement of staggering nonsensical value (given that the speaker in question had previously appeared to use the term brainwaves as a loose reference to alpha patterns, etc).

Meditation in itself I don't have a problem with, but I have no idea (and was given no explanation) on how to "align my brainwaves" with someone else, hence my opinion of TM.

sent you a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

keu if it helps i belive you.

You earlier said that this entity came in with me, i didnt wish to comment earlyier as i wanted to avaluate the situation.

I have recently lost someone of the same name through the same sorrowful situation...

I would be very greatful if you could please pm me with any thing you feel i should know, if not no worries what so ever.

Thank you again for reading

Satori

• Advertisement

bubbles?

I have pm you.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Btw satori, if you're going to the ghost hunt, how versed in psychic protection are you yourself? I'm just curious.

Psychologically I am as vulnerable as everyone else on this forum, the consciousness and subconscious host factors that as a intricate part of human nature cannot truly be defined, although they cannot be fully contained I consider myself to hold an open minded view of these situations as it is the search for truth that bids us on not the reassurance of our present beliefs.

Psychically I am to a certain degree (although admittedly not that extensive) aware of the energies in play within life and have in the past used this limited understanding to shield myself from negative energies and thought forms and feel comfortable enough regarding this aspect of protection.

Physically apart from the basics in self-defence I would be at the whims of a third party, this is definitely a situation that I plan to dramatically improve upon in the near future.

Energetically apart from focused visualisation techniques I have a ritually fashioned and empowered amulet, which is dedicated to the Goddess Diana (who’s deity aspect I feel quiet comfortable with).

Through the above means I achieve a certain level and state of both psychological and energetic security and they have in the past served me very well.

I’m not certain if this answers your question though?

That answers it pretty well, thank you.

By the way, how do you feel about using stones such as Hematite and Amythyst for protection?

In my personal experience there very effective, because of there nature Amythyst (especailly the darker purple variety) can provide alot of defensive psychic energy where as Hematite (quiet sugestive of this in its metalic like apperence) works best regarding the physical protective plane.

In the end though, they are just a source of energy and the individual the conductor of it, beliveing that something hosts protective powers not only summons up benifical psychological mind frames but allows you to tap into that essence within you that brings it to manifestation.

Regarding the above examples i feel that Hematite is probably the greater crystal in this retrospect as it brings with it not only its protective qualitys but a grounding and centering ability which can at times be noted as the first step in createing protection internaly, when this is acheived you can then progress to securing your external influences.

Thanks again for reading

Satori

Funny you should mention hematite, because I had a hematite ring, and it went missing. I actually feel the ring around my finger now, and I was told that my aura absorbed the ring, so now I have the effects of the ring without the ring.

I am actually wearing a Hematite ring around my middle finger of my right hand (for balance) in the last year iv gone through 5 as they keep breaking, although i still feel its energy with out it on, i wear it as a reminder and to back up my auratic energy as at times it can become depleted....

Have to admit though, they are pretty. hehehe

Yes, that they are :)

I'm going to get another one soonish, along with a few stones for stuff..

I belive that Ro_70 also has a interest in the workings of crystals, huney if your around id love to hear your opinion?

Satori

• Advertisement
Advertisement