Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psychic Protection

Options
  • 04-06-2004 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Today as I conversed with an acquaintance of mine on msn messenger regarding the fore coming ghost hunt, it dawned on me, that the people here who are undertaking this task and adventure, regardless of being open to the after life or not may actively encounter a hazardous situation, be it one of spiritual origin or of mental complexity.

Because of the potential dangers I do consider (from my ignorant point of view) psychic protection an essential technique to learn or at least develop (as most people already employ it in one form or another), as we are all open to psychological or psychic attacks.

People innately feel more secure when they call on a protective power regardless of your belief system or spiritual intunement we as products of the human psyche can always find some sort of psychological security in the belief (or pretence) that we are watched over or guarded by a higher source, and those who feel more comfortable in focusing on the higher consciousness and subconscious visualisation technique can offer the same effect.

If you are of the belief that there is a higher power, words of prayer are always encouraged.

Most people of a catholic background feel that the Lord’s prayer or/and invoking Guardian and Archangels (Mostly Michael – who governs guardianship) who they feel can provide this protection, I even know some people who could be portrayed as strong willed atheists who use the above, as they feel it helps then tap into psychological archetypes which to them can equally bring this sense of safeguard.

Retarding visualisation, universally recognised symbols can sometimes connect with us more deeply, so some people often mentally draw or envision a circle of light around them (often a dome effect is opted for as this coincides with the persons electro magnetic field or more commonly expressed there aura).

The importance here is not how this is done, as each individual will adapt or create a certain frame of mind (or spiritual energy) that will be of sufficient strength to provide this protection, essentially its about it being done…

Not only will these actions for those who share the spiritual view call forth the aid of (however they perceive) deity, it will also as we live in a chaotic world and our thoughts ourselves are of a chaotic nature be of very valuable equity as a way of submerging any sub conscious desires that may (and in the past have) manifested themselves when such sensitive and emotional intense situations come to pass.

Personally as a practicing Wiccan I feel that by saying a simple prayer and by wearing my Diana stone this protection on both a psychic and psychological level can be both created and maintained.

I would be very eager to hear others point of view on this subject and maybe share there own personal methods as not only would I find it interesting it could possible help others out there.

Thank you for reading
    Satori

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

prayers are good..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

hehehehe

not the best for a first post is it. hehehehe

it was a wonderful first post. :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

That was an excellent post. Thanks.

I completely agree.

my past experiences with some whacko americans and an english aetheist, put me off the subject for a long time.
    ..it's so good to be back in Ireland.

bdb..sent you pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Imagining yourself with a white light around you can help as well, as far as I know. My mum actually does that. Saying that though, in the last investigation, my mum sent the spirits of my passed away family members to protect me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

satori,

While we all have our own ways of protecting ourselves on this investigations, I belive that as a practicing Wiccan, and someone that seems to have looked into this aspect thouragly, I would like you to be our "Head of Psychic Security" on this trip to Charleville. Perhaps you could lead us in a prayer for our protction after dinner when we begin our investigation?

Ian

Lead Investigator, PRAI

(PS: Do I have you information. Could you PM me your Real name, as this is what I';d have on the Database)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1680427#post1680427

is there a ghost messing about with the server?
    kennett can you turn on that emf device and hold it up to the message board and see of it reacts lol.
    (came in with satori)

Oh, It'll react alright... It'll pick up the EMF Fields in my monitor. I'd need to be on-site to investigate...

I don't need to be onsite.
    its a suicide. (or something relative in nature)

• Advertisement

A suicide?

its gone ..for now....
    someone who was abused (had something to do with faith..so thinking priest or some catholic school institution)
    very pissed off they were too.
    name..thomas or mr thomas came up. don't know if its name of abuser of relative to spirit.
    not sure if it was suicide, although it felt like it, but definately depressed, lost and confused (usually points to suicide)
    anyways..its gone now.

Where abouts is this? I'm afraid you lost me... O_o

for someone who came here kennett.
    don't you get it yet?
    spirit is not confined to a place.

Malico,

Thank you for your very kind gesture and vote of confidence but alas a prior engagement means I will not be able to attend the Charleville investigation.
    I would certainly be interested in any further projects you may have in mind and will gladly pm my details to you.

(Once I figure out how to do so)

Although I will not be with you on the day, my thoughts will be with you all.

Keu,

From your above posts I take it you have mediumistic ability’s, it is reassuring and enlightening to know that we have some one so in tune with the spiritual realm among us (it itself is a gift that I have tried not to develop as I do not consider myself strong enough to hold such insight).

I do understand that anything can act as a medium for the manifestation of spiritual energy and that the net itself is not excluded from this, but what interests me is your reference to a possible suicide, I do not know of others opinions and experiences but I myself have never encountered a spirit of a suicide victim.

Rest assured this is in no way an attempt to devaluate what you have sensed but just an effort to gain a deeper insight into this topic.

I as an individual have never encountered the soul form of such a tragic person (and if all truth be told my past experiences with spiritual entities can not be validated in any way, apart from my belief in them).

I have always thought that such people, so engrossed with sorrow and inner turmoil remained on this plane until they came to understand of there actions and choose to move on beyond past pain (again this stems from a spiritual belief and perhaps my own preconception that a personality as well as the soul form remains intact after death).

What I mean to say as that they to me seemed to remain stagnant, almost in one form “dieing” until that transformation takes place.

Perhaps it is that their existence is beyond my span of awareness and sensitivity (which would not be difficult) or that for whatever reason I may shield myself from them.

I would be very interested to hear your opinion (and that of the others on this board) about this subject.

Thank you again for reading

Satori.

I do understand that anything can act as a medium for the manifestation of spiritual energy and that the net itself is not excluded from this, but what interests me is your reference to a possible suicide, I do not know of others opinions and experiences but I myself have never encountered a spirit of a suicide victim.

Rest assured this is in no way an attempt to devaluate what you have sensed but just an effort to gain a deeper insight into this topic.

I've been doing this for five years, ( don't consider myself as a medium, more of a channel..ie: I get to see through their eyes) suicides are always the easiest to determine, they're energy is stronger (like they are shouting)..things really do go bump, like the server going kaputt..happens a lot on websites which deal with this stuff (mediumship). The previous site I used went down all the time, each time we transferred to a temporary site, those would crash too, and eventually we ended up changing servers. Coincidently, the spirit was for someone attending that site (which I was desperately trying to leave)..and was confirmed.
    Computers are hugely significant with regard to spiritual manifestation. (as much as tv's, phones, and other electrical equipment,)

I don't consider your response an attempt to devalue what I sensed, like I said, I've been doing this long enough to trust my feelings and to go with what I get, and I'm quite used to the suspicion of those who don't understand.
    (it itself is a gift that I have tried not to develop as I do not consider myself strong enough to hold such insight)
    I can assure you, it's not something I tried to develop, it came with the territory that I was working in and many is the time that I would gladly wish I did not sense those things. I would love to be able to "shield" myself.

Generally mediums will not work or even attempt to exchange energy with a "negative" entity, (they shield) but I have always considered negativity as a perception and once you get beyond the fear (and anger) and accept it, its almost as if that perception transfers to spirit and they stop being afraid too. funny..then they go away. It's like showing them the light.

(how do I know it's not just my own perception or mind?...I always get validation and confirmation from others....always, thats how this whole thing started to begin with)

A good way of protecting yourself, as far as I know is imagining yourself enveloped in white light... Officially, it's meant to be the colour for the situation, but that's not always an idea, so I'd go for the white light...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

I am Wiccan myself, and I think its a good idea to protect yourself as well.

I am going to be wearing a quartz crystal which has a engraving of a guardian on it, which is supposed to protect me and I am going to do a proection spell on friday before I go down.

Anyway the fact that we are going to say a protection prayer whilst down there, makes me feel better as well as I was a little worried about the negitive spirits that might be waiting for us there....

it is also good to have some crystals or gem stones in your pocket which will protect you from negitive forces...

I just found out Tiger Eye crystal, is very good for aura protection as I heard spirits can travel into your aura ripping you of all the energy that you have...

If anyone wants a list of which various stones are good for which situation let me know and I will write a list....

Also a bag of salt is good for proection against evil, so thats one of the things on my list as well...

my dear, the greatest protective advice you have is yourself, you dont need objects or chants to acheive a level of spiritual protection 9although i do agree it certainly make you feel far more comfertable).

No one should ever feel that they need something to feel protected... after all the true power lies within you.

Satori

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

fashion a hat out of a stolen birds nest and some tin foil. we didn't have any of these fancy "prayers" in my day!

hmm you have a good point there...I suppose once you have faith anything is possible.

Personally I just wanted to have something with me for comfort more than anything else.

A Vodka Coke and some jelly shots :) Its actually funny what ghost investigators bring for a bit of comfort. I know of people that bring Toy Light Sabres, their favourate comic book and so on. You are your own protection. Make sure you have the best gear and are equipt for the night and you should be fine. With all respect to satori if you fell comfortable with a psycic bring one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I've been doing this for five years, ( don't consider myself as a medium, more of a channel..ie: I get to see through their eyes) suicides are always the easiest to determine, they're energy is stronger (like they are shouting)..things really do go bump, like the server going kaputt..happens a lot on websites which deal with this stuff (mediumship). The previous site I used went down all the time, each time we transferred to a temporary site, those would crash too, and eventually we ended up changing servers. Coincidently, the spirit was for someone attending that site (which I was desperately trying to leave)..and was confirmed. Computers are hugely significant with regard to spiritual manifestation. (as much as tv's, phones, and other electrical equipment,)
    (Keu)

So, disk and database problems, as documented by Regi had nothing to do with boards being down quite a bit recently? I know this is the paranormal board and that its purpose is to give believers in the paranormal a voice and I admit that I'm very sceptical about the paranormal but if this board is to be interesting, it wouldn't hurt to ask questions from time to time about what people post rather than blindly accepting any statement. Maybe it's just me but your insistance (you posted about it here and in the feedback forum) that the problems with the server were due to a suicide, especially when we have an explanation of what actually happened from the admins who run this site, is somewhat insensitive to people who have gone through the experience of losing someone to suicide. Are you saying that some boards user has commited suicide? I'm not saying that we shouldn't discuss ideas that make us uncomfortable but in this case, it doesn't seems at all necessary.

a week before the server crashed, I discussed the events in pm with nick oliveri.
    a week before. The conversation should be logged.
    I was referring to a different site, but ultimately I stated the server went down four times. (and then had to be replaced)
    Why don't you ask him for confirmation?

The HDD problems may only be meaningful if you believe in synchronicity.
    The energy acts like a power surge.

btw..I don't expect anyone to take anything at face value, but maybe if nick was around he might be able to confirm the gist of the connversation we had with regard to spirit energy and servers crashing. (it wasn't suggestive at the time, but incidently everyword of it came true)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, yes, but by that reasoning I can make up any fanciful explanation for a given series of events, talk to someone else about my "explanation" and then, when the given series of events occurs, use my conversation as proof.

The fact that you spoke to nick oliveri last week about this doesn't offer any actual evidence for the notion that the disk problems on the boards.ie server are due to someone committing suicide. I mean, does it have to be anyone specific committing suicide? Or can this just be anyone? Because if it can be just anyone, then it would be very easy to map someone committing suicide in one place and someone having a disk crash in another. Neither are particularly rare events, which in the case of disk crashes is annoying and time consuming, and in the case of suicide is tragic.

If it has to be someone specificially linked to the servers, I daresay one of the admins might know something about it. Whether they would jump to the same conclusion, however, is another matter. They might well decide that the known fallibility of computer parts, and server hard discs in particular, was sufficient explanation in its own right.

I have to say I agree with simu - the overall tone of the discussion regarding suicide so far has been rather lighter than anyone personally affected by it would appreciate. If someone has recently lost a family member to suicide, I don't think that a relatively light hearted discussion (eg post in Feedback/Suggestions about the problem being due to "a dead person in the paranormal board") about computer problems allegedly caused by this suicide is really appropriate.

I think we are all getting a bit side tracked, is it really important about proving things? as no matter how much "proof" someone has there will always be some form or denial or the inability to exept....
    I think we should all (i included) focus more about understanding these influences and experiences then the desire to prove...

After all which brings with it the most reward....

just a little though

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, I find it more rewarding to discuss something with a firm grounding and an attempt at rational reasoning within my argument than simply stating that I know I'm right, in the context of a discussion.

I mean, keu can state that she "felt" an energy or whathaveyou which she has interpreted as being a suicide around the time when the server went down. I can conversely state that I "feel" that keu's statements, thus far lacking in any significant evidence other than a conversation with another user, are the result of an overactive and unoriginal imagination. In both cases, talking about feelings does not get either of us anywhere - trying to back up our statements, on the other hand, allows arguments to be assessed and accepted, discarded, or modified.

I don't want to come across as a troll and I understand this is a section for people with interests/belief in the paranormal, but I think that if people are willing to undertake investigations into the paranormal then asking for some evidence to support a statement is not unreasonable. I would argue that one of the biggest problems in getting paranormal phenomena investigations funded is the perception (not entirely unfounded, but like all stereotypes inaccurate) that the people involved in such investigations shun the scientific method in favour of other less experimentally useful techniques. I don't particularly believe that current scientific theories explain everything that we experience, but on the other hand I do think that the scientific method and Occam's Razor are invaluable tools in trying to explore little-understood phenomena in such a way as to get some useful insight and try to develop models for them.

the philosophy board mustn't be very entertaining..fysh has no one to pick on over there.(ie:me)

tbh..I don't give a sh it if the philosophers or scientificaly minded people don't get it..I really really don't.

If they want proof, I suggest they locate me (or any other medium online) at a site where readings are performed, or contact me by phone (via pm)
    Well, yes, but by that reasoning I can make up any fanciful explanation for a given series of events, talk to someone else about my "explanation" and then, when the given series of events occurs, use my conversation as proof.
    do you do that often?
    The fact that you spoke to nick oliveri last week about this doesn't offer any actual evidence for the notion that the disk problems on the boards.ie server are due to someone committing suicide. I mean, does it have to be anyone specific committing suicide? Or can this just be anyone? Because if it can be just anyone, then it would be very easy to map someone committing suicide in one place and someone having a disk crash in another. Neither are particularly rare events, which in the case of disk crashes is annoying and time consuming, and in the case of suicide is tragic.

ffs...i've lost count of the amount of times servers go down when a particularly strong energy signature shows up. (happens all the time at sites where readings are performed)
    Why did it happen here and not the site where the recipient was located? Because I was channeling the energy.
    and yes..suicide is tragic, and yes..usually it (server bumping) occurs where very strong energy is present (those being the ones who's desire to communicate is overwhelming.)
    Well, I find it more rewarding to discuss something with a firm grounding and an attempt at rational reasoning within my argument than simply stating that I know I'm right, in the context of a discussion.

fysh..I know how much you like to be right all the time, thats why you and simu have your own cubby hole over in philosophy where you can reward yourselves all day long.
    I mean, keu can state that she "felt" an energy or whathaveyou which she has interpreted as being a suicide around the time when the server went down. I can conversely state that I "feel" that keu's statements, thus far lacking in any significant evidence other than a conversation with another user, are the result of an overactive and unoriginal imagination.

I doubt you can understand how it feels to be shot in the head, or how it feels to suffocate. Thats what differs between you and me fysh, but you consider what I feel as the product of an over active imagination. Yet my over active imagination has produced results in the form of confirmation (names dates, personal information with regard to deceased relatives) The person who required evidence got it.

• Advertisement

Jesus fysh..your taking ages to write your response..it must be a reallly long one. How about I cut to the chase. I'll tell you what you want to hear.
    Your brilliantly intelligent, far more than anyone here, unequally so and much more than the rest of us that would like to consider ourselves as members of the human species, but I'm sure you already know that. I'm just some dumbass freak who experiences delusions for reasons beyond anyones comprehension, but you might think out of inesecurity and a need for recognition, a talentless brainless person who cannot compete in the real world, particularly with real people who have spent years obtaining pieces of paper denoting their intelligence..but you know that already too.

ok?

happy?

(edit: and along with the gift of being right all the time you KNOW for a fact that that there's no such thing as spirits and when your dead you cease to exist)

Advertisement