Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversions : show us yours!

Options
  • 31-05-2004 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

i'l stick up one of mine as soon as i can get a pic of it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've not done a great deal of conversion work through the years. The most 'extensive' I've done was putting long hair on the head of the space-marine bike sergeant torso to make him look like a blood-claw, driving full pelt at the enemy with hair flowing back.

I'm redoing some of my older space wolves models, and I'm planning to get the old space wolf long-fang bodies and combine them with the new guns/arms/backpacks (which will require some modelling to get the required poses). I don't really like the new space wolf bodies. They lack some of the feral adornments of the originals.

I also have an Inquisitor scale model which I'm planning to turn into a female pskyer inquisitor (based on the character in the 2nd Gaunts Ghost novel)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I really enjoy doing coversions, and have dozens of them scattered across my various armies. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of many of them.

I'll try and attach a picture, see if this works. If it does, its one of my World Eaters. When the IA article came out, these guys were my Chosen of Khorne. I decided chainaxes were too small, so I went for Chain-naginatas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Im a big fan of doing dynamic pose's as opposed to full on conversions (much in the lines of that ninja beserker, which looks very sweet btw). Only real full conversion I have is I took a Lord Magregge (he looks poo normally), cut off his bolters, replaced them with melta gun's, got a dark eldar and crucified him on his banner pole, with 1 leg and 1 arm rotted away and only skeleton remains there, and I mounted him on 2 large stones from the garden, so he's literally about 2 inch's from the ground, and used a spare base from an old Tyranid Warrior to mount the whole thing on. Whole model stands higher than an Eldar War Walker, so hes a pretty big bugger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I have a few I'd like to post as soon as I get pictures of them, including one crash made from my bits last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hehe, he was cool. imagine an old space marine body (the more dynamic ones) with no arms or head. his right arm has a spacemarine shoulderpad and a big ass tommy gun arm. the other one has an old Ork shoulder pad with three tentacles sprouting in place of an arm. the head of a Tau guy (or so i was informed) followed by the placing of two old ork horns coming out of his back over each shoulder. kinda look vaguely wing-esque.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I prefer nice simple ones, but my favourite conversion of mine is my inquisitor model of ragnar blackmane made from the artemis model.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by funky penguin
    I prefer nice simple ones, but my favourite conversion of mine is my inquisitor model of ragnar blackmane made from the artemis model.

Dude ... you have an Inquisitor scale model of Ragnar Blackmane?

Eh - I started saying "Quit talkin' start showing me pictures!" before I even hit the "reply" button to your post ..... :D

well, im always shy aboot my conversions, and like i sed its just a few simple things, like replacing a sword with axe, a few bits and bobs plus green stuff canine teeth....

Plus i dont have a digital camera :( sorry

but...... i found this nice piccy on the inter web :)

I think its done by a lady called anne forrester

annefoerster4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Jebus, what scale model is that? looks to be inquisitor scale, but if its normal 40k scale, thats bloody impressive :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's the Inquisitor Artemis model.

Impressive conversion. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Warhammer 40k those where the days spent hours on it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I can't see it dammit, could you put it up as an attachment?

I cant get the pics up full screen so ill give u link. I just googled Ragnar Blackmane on images.

http://images.google.ie/images?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=ragnar+blackmane&spell=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dazzaw17

ive only ever made one, i did this when i was into GW the first time around (9-10 years ago) cant remember what i used to make it though

conversion.jpg

daz

Looks like a Snakebite torso, a pistol arm and legs from Gorkamorka, possibly an Imperial guard backpack?
    Noy too shabby, in any case. :) Must get a camera to show you all my conversions. There's a big wartrukk, several boyz, an Inquisitor Covenant job...

thx, not bad considering i was 10-11 years old when i did it.

daz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

this is a very bad quality image, I had to use a web cam as the proper digital camera is in the shop

Its a scratch built ork dreadnought!

see the grot at its feet :)

That's only a bit freaking cool. Good job, that man!

thanks, I used an old forumula racing car model as the base I'll try to post a better picture when I get the better camera back. probably next week then Ill show the rest of my cons.

thats realy cool, nice job, that a grechin on the base?

daz

• Advertisement

dazzaw17 wrote:
    thats realy cool, nice job, that a grechin on the base?

daz
    As tba's spokesperson, he has made the following statement:

"Yes. Yes it is. I like monkeys."

I like monkeys

THATS A LIE

I love monkeys

Heres the ork dread in a bit more detail

A wartrukk with some random orks and a Mek in it, (made from land speeder)

A Cybork in a bad way

An artemis model converted to khorne

Sgt. Stone converted to be more Ard!

A Lasgun carrier with a completely scratch built body and arms

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

those are damn nice tba :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo