Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got it all up and running, any hints now?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

What is up? Your graphics card. It's fighting a losing battle because it's not in the same league as the 9800/9700. It's got half the pipelines without uber ocing won't reach the same heights. 9800 Pro is going cheap now with the immient retail arrival of x800 pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

jesus_thats_gre system has got a better graphics card but my pc has better processor and more ram, but my system its getting just over half of what he gets in aqaumark!
    same with Adeptus Titanicus.

is the difference between the 9600xt and 9800xt really 25,000 aqamark points?
    I really doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Your CPU is slower that both of there systems, Your GFX card isint as powerfull, Your hard drive is a good bit slower than 2x raptors Raid0.

I still think you should prob be getting more, list what you get for cpu etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

My raid drives are not performing up to scratch at all!!

This is my HD Tach benchmark with a 16kb stripe and 4 kb cluster:

before.jpg

Here it is after I set the cluster size to 16kb:

after.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Originally posted by Superman
    jesus_thats_gre system has got a better graphics card but my pc has better processor and more ram, but my system its getting just over half of what he gets in aqaumark!
    same with Adeptus Titanicus.

is the difference between the 9600xt and 9800xt really 25,000 aqamark points?
    I really doubt it.
    Try benching with 3DMk01 and post the result details. With 3DMk, it's easier to spot where you're losing marks, because of the variety of tests involved.

• Advertisement

jesus_thats_gre , try loading the newest drivers (incl SATA) , and update the BIOS. This and setting the cluster size sorted out my array.

I actually just noticed my stripe size is 128k.... I was nearly sure I set it to 16k...

Would this be causing the problem? Would upping the cluster size make any difference also? You cant choose 128 in Partition Magic!

Well that could be the problem there alrite. 16k i think is the best for performance, if you were to set both stripe and cluster to 16k it should hopefully sort out the problem!!

Hmmm another XP install... stress :cool:

Yea it gets pissin off doesent it. Ahh sure make sure everything is setup on this time and you should be flying!!

• Advertisement

I may leave it for a week or two. Cant take anymore :p

Advertisement