Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you sane ??...

Options
  • 17-05-2004 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Are you sane ??...

According to my dictionary 'sane' is:- / means;:-

1. of sound mind; not mad.

2. moderate; sensible.

Despite what others may think. I consider myself to be 'moderately sane' most of the time. However, I have my doubts about the sanity of most humans ?....

Do you consider yourself "sane ", or would you confess to being a bit touched, and what about those around you ?...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Are you sane ??...

If the occasion calls for it. :)

Otherwise, i enjoy the odd bit of streaking and wearing of womens under garments.

T-Minus 00:06:32 until my next fart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by funky penguin
    womens under garments.

I read that as 'women under garments'. I really should stop modeling my life on Buffalo Bill.

Originally posted by Pigman II
    I read that as 'women under garments'. I really should stop modeling my life on Buffalo Bill.

But the wearing of Women under your garments is the latest fashion!
    It was on Queer Eye For The Straight Guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by funky penguin
    But the wearing of Women under your garments is the latest fashion!
    It was on Queer Eye For The Straight Guy!

Oh sister! Queer Eye is like SO two-weeks ago when it comes to my scene. Flesh fashion moves so fast these days that you've really gotta be skinning your next victim WHILST wearing your last one just to keep up with the trends

*sigh*

Originally posted by Pigman II
    Flesh fashion moves so fast these days that you've really gotta be skinning your next victim WHILST wearing your last one just to keep up with the trends

:(
    I know, its just to hard to be fashionable these days.
    Double *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Are you sane ??...

yes but i dont speak for everyone just a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper

Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,956 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Saner than I used to be
    Saner than I used to be
    saner than i, oh no

After forgetting to always capitalise the "I" giving due credit to his volatile ego, Stark's ego once more took control leading him to the dark place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

According to my GP. " If you think you are mad, then you are sane " and " If you think you are sane you are probably mad " :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Me sane, amm NO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,956 ✭✭✭✭Stark

According to my GP. " If you think you are mad, then you are sane " and " If you think you are sane you are probably mad " :dunno:

That wasn't his professional advice was it? "If you think you are mad, then you are sane". "Now go back to your fearful thoughts of insanity and visions of people walking around with purple octupi for heads, and voices ringing in your ears, you're perfectly sane" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

am i sane........ i kinda veer off to the left.. or is that the right.. whatever, i never really sane.... or really insane.. :dunno: :dunno:

Stark,

Yes it was. Apparently the world is full of people who are " Mad as a March hare " but are convinced that they are perfectly sane, and they truly believe that everyone else is ' out of step ' with them.

Apparently, if someone is really ' cracking up ' they are usually in denial and the last to realise they have a problem .

Mind you, I am beginning to get concerned about my own GP's sanity ! :dunno: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Stark,

Yes it was. Apparently the world is full of people who are " Mad as a March hare " but are convinced that they are perfectly sane, and they truly believe that everyone else is ' out of step ' with them.
    unlike you...

you're madder than a bag of cats

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Are you sane ??...

According to my dictionary 'sane' is:- / means;:-

tman is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

People who say "Im crazy" or im " MAAAAD" are most likely attention seekin eejits , the people you gotta watch out for are the quiet ones...who look at you with that glint in their eye...and as for the lonely nards who think they are killers - STFU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

or would you confess to being a bit touched

fraid not. going on nearly five years now since. I could be sane for Ireland at this rate....

tman,

Now someone who thinks he is a dog! :rolleyes: . Thinks I am, quote; "madder than a bag of cats" end quote.

Very interesting ;) Keep taking the tabs ?... they might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

idk, i find fault with ur definition paddy20.
    -whats mad?
    -whats sensible?

anyway, im sure theres some kinda pattern out there to whats normal or not.. but in general i find, "there is no normal, so theres no weird"

i guess everyone is a bit crazy- it just depends how much of urself u let out, ya know?

but whatever the case.. im sure im a bit on the crazy side of things. thats what they tell me anyway. ;)

mmmhmm~beth

"how do u grow up normal? everything that happens to u in life is kinda strange. when ur first born they tie ur belly button, thats gotta be a weird experience.. the baby's being thrown around.. woaah, whats going on?!"~brian regan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tman,

Now someone who thinks he is a dog! :rolleyes: . Thinks I am, quote; "madder than a bag of cats" end quote.

Very interesting ;) Keep taking the tabs ?... they might help.
    thanks, i intend to:)

Originally posted by Sarky
    Why not find out?

My score was 8.01. Oh fucck no! Im the same as Martin Lawrence! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!. Whos martin lawrence?

My score = 103

My Insanity index = 5.24

That put me along with 'Yasser Arafat' and inventor/educator ' George Washington Carver.

Hmmm interesting and it's o.k by me. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

My score = 119

My Insanity index = 6.43
    Others who scored at this level include entertainer Wayne Newton and skateboarding legend Tony Hawk

I cant believe Paddy20 got Yasser Arafat, and penguin bloke got tony hawk.

All I got was Martin Lawrence. MARTIN LAWRENCE!

He's just not funny.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Your score is: 128

puts me @ 7.11

Woo-wee!
    Does that mean I'm even more bonkers than you Paddy?
    \o/
    Your score indicates that you are markedly unstable. You likely have difficulty concentrating, occasionally make very bad choices, and are susceptible to dramatic mood swings that can lead to social embarrassment and/or gunplay. Other notable people who scored at this level include hard-drinking author Ernest Hemingway and incredibly wealthy murderer John DuPont.

Suprisingly apt appraisal I'm pleased to report, except for the gunplay part but then I ain't got my gun quite yet. But I will...oh yes...and then<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

INSANITY INDEX 5.61 Thank you for taking the SaniTest(TM). Your score suggests that you are schizothymic. While not as serious as schizophrenia, it means you may be subject to excessive introversion, paranoia, and morbid fantasy. Others who scored at this level include actor Nick Nolte and renaissance thinker Sir Francis Bacon.

dunno if im proud of that or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

of course you are-you wouldn't post it otherwise.

ed: personally, i think i'm sane(r than most around me).

Score: 130
    INSANITY INDEX 7.25 Careful analysis of your test answers indicates that you're demented. You see the world in a way uniquely your own, which can lead you to some very interesting places, or to jail. Although other people can sense that you have a powerful vision, you are often misunderstood. Other notable people who score at this level include the late Mother Teresa and TV curmudgeon Andy Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

INSANITY INDEX 5.99 Thank you for taking the SaniTest(TM). This score indicates that you are distempered. Dogs with this condition are routinely put down, but similarly afflicted humans are usually left free to roam the streets, root through dumpsters, and even run for public office. Others who scored at this level include Ugandan dictator Idi Amin, playwright George Bernard Shaw, and actress Melanie Griffith.

• Advertisement

The Beer Baron,

Quote; " Does that mean that I'm even more bonkers than you Paddy " end quote.

God, I never thought you could be madder than me, but it looks as though you have beaten me to it ' this time' :D .

However, I still have time to catch you up, as I want to be the most bonkers on Boards.ie.

Now where did I put my madometer ?...Oh, now I remember, I think Bard stole it :eek:

Advertisement