Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz tomorrow night (6th)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

He plays in the 250 almost every month although I'm sure he'll be over in Vegas for the World Series this month. I've had the pleasure of sitting at his table twice - very good player and a nice guy too.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Obscure
    Had my best night in the fitz so far. Managed to get to the final table and went out 8th. Hardly got any decent cards in the hole all night and folded what felt like most hands all night pre-flop! What time did it finish up last night? cos when i went out at 1.45 i was stuggling to keep my concentration!!! Had to look forward to the drive home after also!

Worst moment of night was going all in against slow-played flopped full-house!

Best moment was probably split hand with Noel Furlong when we both got QT and each hit the Q on the flop but neither of use would fold/big-raise.

Ob'

Was that last night at the freeroll?? That might have been my house on the flop (q's and 9's). Was Furlong playing??

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No bad beat stories but lots of bad luck!

I got a nice stack playing well and was up to about 15K... I put 2000 on A9 and Careca goes all in for 10K... I think about it and then thankfully put it down. He has aces! I congratulate myself on a good put down. the very next hand I try and steal the blinds with Q5s and he goes all in again! Again I walk away and again he has aces!! Thats a 1:42000+ chance!!

I'm hurt but ok... Next hand I put 5K raise in on 33 with 6 of us left and find a guy with AK that hits a K-high flop! OW! Ok.... next hand I get AK myself and put my remaining 5K on it, find a guy with 88 and I get no help on the flop, turn or river!
    4 hands, no bad plays but I'm gone! *shrug*

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

Originally posted by DeVore
    Was that last night at the freeroll?? That might have been my house on the flop (q's and 9's). Was Furlong playing??

DeV.

Yeah it was then..... great hand to be dealt, probably would have made more from it if i hadn't went all in though! Everyone else folded.

Scratch the Furlong thing.... must have misheard someone mention Furlong and assumed they were talking about one of the players at the table.

Aye I might have (I was intending on slowplaying it to the river as it was the nut-house) but I was happy enough to double through!

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement