Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz tomorrow night (6th)

Options
  • 05-05-2004 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

I'll be going in and attempting to make less of a fool of myself :) Henry Gratten beforehand?

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

me me me.... Grattan at 8?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Sounds good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'll be along. Determined not to spend €40 this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

ill be coming along too.

reading a good poker book all last week.
    won €95 in a 5 head home game after reading it
    and feeling good!

see yiz there but watch out!!!!
    ;)

Originally posted by whiteshadow
    ill be coming along too.

reading a good poker book all last week.
    won €95 in a 5 head home game after reading it
    and feeling good!

see yiz there but watch out!!!!
    ;)

What book is it? Want to loan it out? ;)

• Advertisement

hi casper

it's Doyle Brunson's Super System
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1580420818/102-2949717-6006506?v=glance
    but im still enthralled in it

but ive also got
    Championship No Limit & Pot Limit Hold 'Em
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/158042127X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    that ive nearly finished.

ill give you that next thursday if ya want!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well I have not had any pain and frustration inflicted on me recently, except for Mondays hangover, so I will be along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'll be sitting it out, no point in giving you guys a chance to see how I play before Saturday!!

It was bad enough having Dev at my table on Sunday night..

Luckily he got knocked out way too early to pick up on much of my game!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by Iago
    What game? Zing!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Iago
    I'll be sitting it out, no point in giving you guys a chance to see how I play before Saturday!!

It was bad enough having Dev at my table on Sunday night..

I hope you were taking notes... that was all misdirection to make you think I'm crap.... cunning eh?

Did you get much further in the end? I was disgusted with my play...

DeV.

• Advertisement

I think I'll head in earlier .. am bored at home :P Anyone game? :)

(edit) I'll be there around seven myself

ill probably be in the pub from around 7 or quarter past...!
    see ya there ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Hey Dev,

I finished 16th, I was short stacked on my table and got AKc in the pocket when I was in late position. Only 2 callers after the BB so I went all in, didn't think anybody had a very strong hand.

2 callers A10o and A9o and the first caller picked up a 10 on the turn. Left me cursing the fact that they didn't have those cards the hand before when I had the cowboys!

Ah well, I won €120 on Blackjack while I was waiting on my mate to finish, he came 12th and then won €60 on Blackjack as well, so all round not a bad night.

Well..a decent night for me anyway - definitely some of my more solid playing. 4k after freezeout, got up to 7.5k before I got switched over to Dev/Spiritus' table. Spiritus got knocked out all-in on a pair of 10s, then they moved Dev, so I got to be big blind. For some reason the guy at the end of the table (that put Spiritus out) was _really_ getting on my nerves.

Everyone else folds except for that guy. Flop comes down KQ rag, and he checks (out of turn). Dealer points that out, and I go all in with K8o. He _immediately_ calls and I figure he has AK .... but no no no he has K9o. Turn and river help neither of us, and I'm heading home.

Really felt a lot better playing, though, even with Norman at my table :)

headwrecking game last night.
    i played exactly how i should have but
    god (or the divine being called Po Kor) wasn't smiling down on me.

First hand that hurt bad was me sitting in the big blind with J,2 offsuit
    wan't raised around the table so i limp in. The flop comes J, 2, 5.
    So i make a medium sized bet. Guy to my left re-raises. Trips im thinking.
    But im not sure. Everyone else folds So i re-raise all in.
    He calls. and to my shock he turns A, 3... he's on a inside straight draw
    with 2 cards to come... Im wining about 83% of the time but he hits his 4 on the turn.. AAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!:mad:

right. that hurt. but what the hell was he thinking!?
    i think im going to quit poker!

To add insult to injury i get AK clubs and decide to make a stand
    end up heads up with a guy with 8 10 diamonds. so we're both
    looking for flush draws or to hit a pair...

then it happens... the flop came 7 9 Jack of diamonds!!!
    the legend... he's made the straight flush from the flop...! brilliant!
    and even hits a 6 of diamonds on the turn... beautiful hand
    and i really don't mind losing to that sort beauty!!!!
    great to witness... just wish i wasn't on the other end of it!:dunno:

anyone walk with a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I think I was sitting to your right Casper for the first couple of hours. I was next to Kevin (guy who was mixing it with Norman) and gave him some bad beats with some terrible play by me. Actually managed to win a ticket in the end. Got some great cards all night. Got aces two hands running and DeV felt the force of them each time. He was unfortunate to say the least to run into them. Roll on the big one. Played in it once before, thanks to Muso, and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,501 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I saw that straight flush.. Nasty one that...
    Wonder what it scores on the Beat'o'meter..
    I had a terrible night too...

Terrible cards for the first hour and a half, ended up going all-in with a K5o, just out of sheer boredom, and whittled chips... Rebuy..

Couple of hands later, pocket kings.. Yahey!

Next hand, AQo. Flop brings an Ace. All-in.. Two callers.. one with Ace/rag, the other with a couple of low clubs. Busted by a flush... My odds were only around 58%, so I guess an All-in call was a little hasty..

Crap cards + my crap play = Early night..

Interesting fact: Out of my three visits to the Fitz, I've never been anywhere else but table 1.

Originally posted by careca
    I think I was sitting to your right Casper for the first couple of hours. I was next to Kevin (guy who was mixing it with Norman) and gave him some bad beats with some terrible play by me.

Oh right--- you got him to go all in against you a few times and took his cash. Iirc you doubled up early on and then I managed to take half of it back from you ;) Congrats on winning the ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

Had my best night in the fitz so far. Managed to get to the final table and went out 8th. Hardly got any decent cards in the hole all night and folded what felt like most hands all night pre-flop! What time did it finish up last night? cos when i went out at 1.45 i was stuggling to keep my concentration!!! Had to look forward to the drive home after also!

Worst moment of night was going all in against slow-played flopped full-house!

Best moment was probably split hand with Noel Furlong when we both got QT and each hit the Q on the flop but neither of use would fold/big-raise.

Ob'

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

Got down to the last 5, I was on the SB with aces. Player to my right (the old guy forgot his name) bets about 80% of his chips, I go all in, he calls, the aces stand up and I get a ticket.

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Noel was playing the sats?? God he must have been bored, wonder what he made of "loose Thursday's" quality of play?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I don't remember Noel Furlong being in there. I seriously doubt he would be playing a free tourney.

Have to agree with Muso. Don't think Noel was in there. Well done Kipple. Was glad to see you knock out Jim. I thought it was going to go on all night at one stage.

Who knocked out Jim? Where is he, I'll get him for that :D

Jim must be cursing his look running into Aces, and I saw him get knocked out last week with a set of bullets of his own.

Want to see the way Jim played one pot Davey. Flop came 457 rainbow. Jim is pretending he can't see the cards down the table and asks "is that a diamond on the end". Next thing he goes all in. Nobody calls. Just as well. He had the nuts (6,3) and nothing to do with diamonds. Cute fecker.

Haha - that's the old Jim classic, I can't wait till he says, "Are these my cards?".

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

On the final table who was the player to the immediate right of the dealer?

Thought someone refered to him as Noel and i jumped to Furlong....

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

Earlier I went all-in with kings vs Jim with queens and he won, so taking him out was sweet.

At one stage he started talking trash with the player to his left after that player folded to his all-in which was very funny.

T.

No Ob that def wasn't Noel Furlong. Not sure who he was, think he was relatively new player. You'll know Noel Furlong when you see him. The words "All In" will be said a lot. Great player .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dapope

I know Noel played in the free statelites for the WSOP ticket. He was sitting at my table, I didn't know who he was at the time. Some guy started talkin to him about the 55 that won him the WSOP. Noel got moved to another table and we were informed that we had been in the presence of a poker great.

I love that about the Fitz u never know who's sitting in the seat next to you.

Check out [URL=http://]http://www1.thehendonmob.com/formguide/formguide.asp[/URL]

Advertisement