Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN Persistent World

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

thanks Djeryv, thats another evening written off :)

Celt: a very sensible move. I just bought the internet at home for the first time about two months ago, and I've saved a fortune on beer. Except for the evenings i'm both drinking and playing games - I've yet to come up with a good excuse for those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Djeryv

Sorry.
    His name is Amnathkyl and he is a Bronze Dragon.

- Djeryv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

Djeryv, it's a great module you did, out of interest,
    how long did it take to make Ruhn?

I've used some level creating stuff for other games, whats
    the Neverwinter package like?

Rhun took about 180 hours to make after I had the design document done. I think the design document took about 10 hours to get together. The design document covers...

1. The World Story
    2. The Zone Layout
    3. The Monster Spawns

The side stories and boss monsters were created as I went along. There is little detail in the design document so I add the detail as I was building. This was my first module so I learned alot of things from it. I am hoping to make a better module now. We'll see I guess.

The NWN Toolset is really simple to use. Making the world layout is really easy. The scripting does take some effort to get used to, but once the templates are done, the rest are easy.

I started to recreate Everquest with the toolset, but as I was building...I realized that recreating something is rather annoying. You are more worried about doing things the same so you get frustrated when you cannot recreate someone elses work. Creating your own story line and world are much easier.

- Djeryv

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I've been tinkering with mod creation but it is always the scripting that puts me off.

I love the way you've worked the city (though being able to fight the guards or at least escape them would be nicer! yes, I play a thief).

side note: for spoilers use [ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler ] without spaces to hide the text :)

• Advertisement

I made the justice system this way because there were alot of people (before I made Rhun public for download) logging in with their level 20s and killing guards cuz they didn't want to explore outside the city. You can play a thief but there are consequences (as in real life). If you are caught doing crime in the city, your best bet is to run and get to the Tavern in the Rural District. There is a drow in there that can be bribed to help clear your bad faction with the guards, townsfolk, ect.

Advertisement