Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Film Club - April 27th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,154 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sorry, I missed it as well... had to meet a friend instead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

ok kids, here's the deal. we've tried this twice now. the first time, three people showed up. the second time two people showed up. there's lots of you say 'yeah! great idea!' but there's not many bums on seats. and without bums on seats, this baby's dead. so come the next one - ugc on tuesday may 11th, film and time to be decided - please, if you say you're gonna be there, BE THERE. no more posts appologising you can't be there then or watch that film. no more posts complaininfg that this is too early or that is too late. and please no more posts saying you're coming and offering your jacket as a rallying point and then not showing up. either be there or don't. and if it's just the same two/three faces as the past two attempts to get this baby off the ground, then ... well whoever suggested the sugar club dvd night can pick up the ball and run with that instead, cause this one'll be dropped.

apps if this sounds a bit ranty, i'm not trying to get at people who didn't turn up, i've been there and done that and know the score. i understand and i'm actually sorry for you that your day worked out the way it did. genuinely. but, from my side of the coin, it is a bit depressing to stand outside the ugc for half an hour on a tuesday night waiting for people who aren't gonna show up.

one more try, and if it doesn't work ... well we tried. and trying and failing has gotta be better than failing to try (cliche alert!). depressing and all as it might be.

(and if we can't get you there by emotional blackmail ... :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i can't attend that one due to an exam the next day but if there is one scheduled two weeks from that i'll be there as i'll be a free man. many apologies with regards to the jacket but i decided to sit my exams rather then defer them.

regards

data

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

Is it gonna be 6ish/7ish ?

Advertisement