Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oooh look at the lights

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by flogen
    mine goes up at around 12 tonight, which should be perfect timing for me coming out of/back from Tommy Tiernan....
    I've seen Tommy on three shows now (Late Late, Dunphy and Des and Mel) and he made the same jokes in all three. Surely he must know there will be people watching him on at least 2.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

C'mon people it's not that confusing...
    Check the boxes of the light(s) you want to change and move the red box to the direction you want it to point, alter the height, uncheck the box - then move on to the next light.
    Unchecking the box doesn't mean the light will go off... they all stay lit.. the checkboxes are just for changes.
    Sick of watching the same stupid light configs from people who don't know how to use the interface.
    Do something original plz :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

i think they should be made permenant, but then, who am i to suggest such a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Santy, after you've moved one light and are moving the next one, it's very hard to see which lights are pointing where. It would be far better if they had 22 little red squares to move around (with numbers on them or whatever), so you could see where they're all pointing and have some hope of making a decent pattern. I spent ten minutes trying to get a smiley face out of them, and gave up in frustration. The interface should also be bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    C'mon people it's not that confusing...
    Check the boxes of the light(s) you want to change and move the red box to the direction you want it to point, alter the height, uncheck the box - then move on to the next light.
    Unchecking the box doesn't mean the light will go off... they all stay lit.. the checkboxes are just for changes.
    Sick of watching the same stupid light configs from people who don't know how to use the interface.
    Do something original plz :rolleyes:
    I know how to use it but i still can't getto grips with it. I'm sure they could have made it easier for people. Why couldn't they just do something simple like put dots where you want to lights to shine?
     .  .  .    .  .  .
     .             .
     .  .  .       .
     .             .
     .  .  .       .

Surely that would have been easier.

Anyway, did anyone make a half decent design?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

The simple solution is: using a black marker, make 22 dots on your monitor screen in the pattern you want, then move a light to the dots, and bobs your uncle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i think walking through town at night... is the ppl are concentrating on the lights too much in the design, you have to try and do design with the buildings firmly in mind...
    and this will create the posibiltiy of an interest design rather then trying t write something which we've all quickly learned is impossible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

They should keep them there permanently. They're much better than that... spike.

Advertisement