Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying, is it a worry ?...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

dying doesn't scare me, we were somewhere before we were born and we survived that. but it concerns me that we can't have any interaction with living people after death,. i wonder why we can't

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by Kone
    Nick-thief!!!!

Kone
    Freak

koneko
    evil inside

What were you saying...? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

All things are impermanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

To me life is nothing death is nothing it is out of my control and I just have to face it.I dont care about dying nor do I care about living,mainly because I cant see my purpose or what I can improve.Life and death are things that do not affect me because I have no fear of them nor do I have any sort of feeling twords them I just have to face them and when I'm gone I'm gone.
    Humans just create problems and when I die most of the problems I have created will be over and many people will have better lives.So I me dying will have a purpose:to eradicate problems I have caused.Wow I have just rambled more than I have ever done on Boards.

In conclusion:
    Life is meaningless to me.I see no purpose for it only problems occur.It is something to hate as it only causes problems
    Death is something I dont fear it balances us from problems life has created and it is something to be grateful for in many cases.

Do not fear death it cant hurt you,only life can.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

A lot of people fear death simply because it's unknown, I'd take the more curious approach. I would however prefer to live longer then die sooner, as at least I do know (somewhat) what life is, and know I can enjoy it. I'd fear dying in my sleep, or unexpectedly as I'd like to be able to face my death, and know that these thoughts are my last.

On a slightly lighter note I'm sure they'll have colonised Mars and cured death by the time I'm a pensioner, so I'll be grand...

• Advertisement

They have its just a big secret..........shush.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by Yoda
    All things are impermanent.

Except death.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

And super permanent marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

and the ridiculous lack of talent in boyband members...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Stark suggested that death was permanent. Not from a Buddhist perspective. Winter is followed by spring. True, the aggregates which make the personality with which you identify will not last; nor will your body remain undecaying. But even worms and bacteria grow in that decay. Even the rot is impermanent.

You're going to find that a great many of the truths we cling to depend very much on our own point of view. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GothicChick

Life is but a Dream.
    Death is Just Dreaming in Silence.

Id say prevention of death will be possible in the next 30 years.
    Given the spped with which we have advanced in the last 30 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by GothicChick
    Id say prevention of death will be possible in the next 30 years.

I take it you didn't do biology for your leaving cert?

:D Only joking.

If they managed to find a "cure" for death, we'd all be furked.

This reminds me of a story -

http://www.eunuch.org/Alpha/D/newea_572115David's_.htm

Warning... contains strange strange text...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Man death would suck. No more fun and laughs ever again. Would suck bad.

Death is the most wonderful thing of all.Mainly because it causes no problems,no pain/suffering.
    However with life you are causing pain and suffering from the last day of your stay in the womb..
    Nobody chose to be born so death is our gift,life is our punishment for being born.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by Dathai
    Death is the most wonderful thing of all.Mainly because it causes no problems,no pain/suffering.
    However with life you are causing pain and suffering from the last day of your stay in the womb..
    Nobody chose to be born so death is our gift,life is our punishment for being born.

You must be a barrel of laughs when out on the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Originally posted by Exit
    You must be a barrel of laughs when out on the piss.

Ouch exit, that was good!

But yeah, I see a certain attaining of purity in death but at the same time fear it. I by no means am glad if someone I know has died because I don't know what has happened to them, ie I do believe something happens, I don't know what and am yet to fully constrain myself to any one belief system but I don't think that this is it.

I think that everyone needs to be spiritual at some level.

Advertisement