Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.wreckingmebuzz.com

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Originally posted by Humphrey
    There is no need to slag this guy for trying to stop something he believes in.

Does that mean they can spam us about it? (yes i took it personally)

And on the same note, we're trying to stop something we believe in, people setting up stupid petitions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

As publicans are saying they will have great difficulty in implementing the ban in pubs or not observing it at all we have come up with a cunning plan. Light up a joint and see how long it takes them to tell ya to put it out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

erm... why is there so much hype about this smoking ban?
    i mean it's not going to be enforced anyway.. look at what's happening with all the other laws in ireland.

it's illegal to use a mobile phone while driving, yet every day i see people using their phones while driving. i've never ever seen anyone getting fined for that. and i've never heard of anyone being fined either.

it's just one example of so many laws in this country that are just not being enforced. i guess the gardai are only interested in you paying your tax, so as long as your box of cigarettes has the little tax sticker on it you should be fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

All these pro smoke people - including the author of this site has obviously never lost a mother / father / family member to cancer caused by cigaretts.

I never in all my life seen such a pack of whingers.

Originally posted by netman
    erm... why is there so much hype about this smoking ban?
    i mean it's not going to be enforced anyway.. look at what's happening with all the other laws in ireland.

it's illegal to use a mobile phone while driving, yet every day i see people using their phones while driving. i've never ever seen anyone getting fined for that. and i've never heard of anyone being fined either.

it's just one example of so many laws in this country that are just not being enforced. i guess the gardai are only interested in you paying your tax, so as long as your box of cigarettes has the little tax sticker on it you should be fine. :)

It is not illegal to use a phone in the car - there is no law yet

People don't smoke in busses (except scumbags) or hospitals - nobody enforces it - it's just out of respect for other people - and oh...it's the law - and people ar following it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

i hope she dies screaming

it's not only on busses you find scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

that's not quite my understanding of it.

on the 19th of march 2002 the minister for the department of the environment and local government introduced regulations under the road traffic act 1961, which has been further clarified in may 2002.

these regulations are fully operational, but not enforced (surprise, surprise).

the really funny thing is that you're not legally allowed to have a phone switched on anywhere on your person while driving. so if you have a mobile phone in your pocket while driving and it's switched on, you're breaking the law.. but.. the gardai are not allowed to search you for a possession of a mobile phone. this can only be done if there's evidence that you're in possession of drugs or an offensive weapon. guess they haven't really thought that one through, but the lunch break was approaching fast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Well considering that Ireland is now a kind of "test bed" or other countries to see if the smoking ban works, all eyes are to Ireland so to speak. Don’t you think the government would look a bit of a fool in the international community if they backed down on this at such a late stage?

Anyway I’m pro the ban (as a smoker of sorts). i hate going into smoky pubs. it sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

unfortunatly

Originally posted by egan007
    it's not only on busses you find scumbags

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Adam 3000

:rolleyes:
    stupid site... really really stupid

Advertisement