Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one thing that should NEVER have been in VOY

Options
  • 06-02-2004 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

The weird planet where everything moves very fast and so do the people who live there - By Naiomi Wildman

That planet makes no sence because in the few days that voyager was there the planet advanced from cavemen to tech more advanced tech than that of voyagers. Its now been over a year since voyager left that planet in therey that specis could now that a fleet of over 1,000,000,000 ships because for them so much time has passed.

Also if the borg ever found that planet they would probbley end up ruling the galaxy.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's probably stopped existing by now. It's time ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Probably destroyed themselves in some nuclear conflict or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye i supose, There could also have been a supernova in that system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I thought that was quite a good episode, but then I do have an interest in history. Something about that planet defies the laws of many things though, but I suppose it could be possible under certain conditions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

but then again its JUST star trek....

in my opinion the only thing that should NEVER EVER have been in voyager is THAT ****ING BITCH JANEWAY! UGH! I RULE THE DAY....

/me stands afar shaking fist rapidly through air!

• Advertisement

The needed a token female captin. Mabe seven should have been cast for captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

There are way waaay worse episodes.

Off the top of my head... Demon (i think) where the whole crew is cloned by that silver goo. And Threshold where Tom breaks the warp 10 barrier (which is infinite speed btw he could have been at earth on a whim), and evolves, yes evolves into a salamander. Oh and Janeway has his babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

the one thing that shouldnt have been in voyager was a good plotline. wait......sorry thats what SHOULD have been in voyager

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Well no matter how bad it got in Voyager, it still did not hit rock bottom....

That title goes to every Enterprise episode I've seen

I thought there was a few good enterpise episodes.
    U left out the voyager episode where chakotay was in some weird mind thing and he was haveing a boxing match with some guy.

• Advertisement

Yeah that was dire. It could have been a good episode too. Voyager does well when it's exploring scientific possiblities that often you don't even hear about in scientific papers till years later. Chaotic space is an interesting concept, and a month or two ago they found evidence supporting its existence (pocket universes).

Then again, season 1 - punching their way out through a hole in the event horizon of a black hole. FFS. Let's just hope those first two seasons can somehow be written off.

Funnily enough I always felt that the earlier seasons of voyager held the most potential.

They should have explored the maquis/starfleet relationship a little more, and I always enjoyed when Seska was on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

with regard to thr warp 10 thing, didn't the series finale of TNG have them doing warp 13 or 14? the one with picard jumping to 3 different timeframes, and they put an extra warp nacell [sp?] in the centre of the enterprise.

wasn't sure if they ever really explained exactly how fast 'warp' was. does anyone have anything that would give a comparison with known speeds/distances?

It was warp 13 so ye i dosent make much sence. Mabe in the future they can travel faster than warp 9.99999 but NOT break the infinite speed barrior

also regarding warp 10 in voyager it made NO SENCE!!!!!
    WORST EPISODE OF VOYAGER!!!!!

Think about it paris and janeway where transformed and then made human again. Why didnt the whole of voyager just go to warp 10 arrive at earth in about 0.1 seconds. Then treat themselves so they dont transform. There home problem solved

Exactly, or don't bother going to Warp 10, just Warp 9.99999999 or something. Besides it should take infinite energy to achieve Warp 10. The episode made no sense.

Warp 13 is a transwarp speed. Apparently the graph is divided into regions with tangent curves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i don't recall the TNG finale having any reference to transwarp or anything similar. riker just said 'set a course for xxx (don't remember) warp 13' like it was just any other warp number. don't think they even bothered with different special effects or anything. might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Any irish ep and the warp 10 ****

people that wrote them should be shot

They where shot.

The fair haven episodes? :p

There have been far worse skits of us than that. The episode of Relic Hunter I saw where she went to Trinity College, and they made Dublin look like a backwards country village. :o

At least Fairhaven had the right colour post boxes! :D

Bizmark i noticed that you are Currently useing a old P2 256mhz 64meg pc66 pos till my pc gets back from repairs. - I feel sorry for you
    Guess that game of Bridge commander will have to wait. :)

Kevok i supose your right.

Mabe if we are luckey all the episodes of Voyager we dont like will not be included in the DVDs and we can all just pretend that it never happened, Ah i ove a good conspiracy.

• Advertisement

Fairhaven?

Does no one remember the travestly of the TNG episode about the clones on one colony and the "Irish" on the other.

It was the worst ever!

Fairhaven was nothing compared to this! ;)

yes, I posted about it the other day, POS.

Originally posted by Kevok
    The fair haven episodes? :p

There have been far worse skits of us than that. The episode of Relic Hunter I saw where she went to Trinity College, and they made Dublin look like a backwards country village. :o

You mean it isnt ? :p
    Bizmark i noticed that you are Currently useing a old P2 256mhz 64meg pc66 pos till my pc gets back from repairs. - I feel sorry for you

I couldnt play pong on this pos pc :dunno:

Once when my pc died i had to use a old 16 meg ram dell cant remember how many mhz or HD space it had but omg it was bad. - I was able to surf the net on a External 33k modem *shudders* and i think lemings would work on it but that was all.

Thankfuly i have Win xp i could install on this pc so i can use broadband ......Other wise id be stuck useing 52k.....man :(

Geez bizmark, BC withdrawal getting bad? Can you even visit the FEDS site on that machine? Or would Jesse's images kill it? :p

As for the TNG episode, it was never specifically said they were irish (was it :confused: ) but it was really awful.

Jesses uber images would destroy this pc m8 :D ......And theirs no hope in hell this could run muiltplayer bc

Ah well.......Uf shall get its ass kicked soon enough MUHAHAHAH....etc etc

As for the TNG episode, it was never specifically said they were irish (was it :confused: ) but it was really awful.

I can't remember exactly, but they sure weren't Russians

;)

They could have been, it is 400 or so years in the future..............

yeah i know. :(

• Advertisement

every one and their dog know's they where ment to be irish......mostly seeming the backword ****s leader said to o'brian "i knew it would be a irish man running this ship"

Advertisement