Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That twerp for LIONS coach !

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by James Melody
    Watch coverage of Rugby games from Ireland, or any of the antipodean three and you will see commentators do anything but pay a compliment to an English player.

I have honestly never noticed this, coming up to the World Cup, England were recognised throughout world media (except Australia) as being front runners.

I have never heard an Irish commentator insult a player regardless of nationality, only point out illegal/unfair/unsportsmanship behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Originally posted by irish1
    I disagree going on past experience I'd say it's not incidental at all.

As a mate of mine once said while we were in London on a piss up

"England would be a grand country, if it wasn't so full of English"
    Oh and aplogies if I offend anyone but I'l stop disliking the English when they hand back the 6 counties they stole by murder!

This is the sort of neanderthal attitude oh too prevalent from my experience in Ireland.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by James Melody
    This is the sort of neanderthal attitude oh too prevalent from my experience in Ireland.....

Would love to reply to that, but its way off topic.

But feel free to start a thread somewhere and I'l reply;)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

Might be an idea to lock this thread or at least bin the OT stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

James, I appreciate your opinion and don't disagree with it. However this is not the venue to discuss this topic Please continue to post on this board, but stay on-topic - thanks.

Irish1, I don't agree with your viewpoint. However, you're welcome to hold your own views. Just don't bring them back into the rugby board - on topic posts only from you also in future please.

If you guys really want to discuss this topic, try the Politics board - I'd be interested in such a debate if you managed to keep it rational and not slip into name calling.

If *this* board degenerates into rascist abuse then increasingly long bans will be imposed on the perpetrators.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement