Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Camping in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

why could you not reply like that the first time????? can you not engage in a conversation/debate rather than going on a rant???
    there is no need to start a fight when some1 says they do something you dont like
    the place where we light our fire is used by many many other campers. not just us. so infact it is left as we found it. that area is a camping area. that is why there is many remains from people camping. the only thing we leave behind is the ashes from the fire which are diodegradable

That area is NOT a camping area. It's private property and is most certainly not there for you or other dirtbag 'knacker-drinkers' to go eating tins of beans and drinking dutch gold. Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Plus the peaty nature of the soils means that a fire can burn underground for months after you've put your fire out and then reignite as a wild fire and possibly put lives and livelyhoods at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭monty_python

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    That area is NOT a camping area. It's private property and is most certainly not there for you or other dirtbag 'knacker-drinkers' to go eating tins of beans and drinking dutch gold. Clowns.

we do not ruin the place for the restof the time we are there. we go nature walking and climb the mountains near by. what make you think that we do. just the fact that we get drunk around a camp fire after it gets dark??

you are a dirty mouthed bitch. judging from the comments you have made to me you are the "dirthbag knacker". you odviosly can not engage in debate with resulting to insults.
    where are the mods of this board?? surely this kind of bullying from dirty mouthed people such as gil_dub is not accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭monty_python

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Plus the peaty nature of the soils means that a fire can burn underground for months after you've put your fire out and then reignite as a wild fire and possibly put lives and livelyhoods at risk.
    the soil there is not of a peaty nature. it is of a soilie nature. the wet damp weather we have in this country (especially up the mountains) would not permit what you are saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

..... the wet damp weather we have in this country (especially up the mountains) would not permit what you are saying

Oh good grief. Are you really as stupid as you let on? You can't be, really. I'm sure there's an inkling of common sense rattling around inside that cavernous cranial cavity of yours.

Tell you what, why don't you pick up any junior certificate Geography book before you come back here pretending you know what you're writing about.

And do me a favour, wise up a bit in general, will you? You go knacker drinking in the same place that hundreds of others go knacker drinking every year. That doesn't make you any better or any worse. It simply means that you're someone who goes knacker drinking while illegally trespassing on others property, and lighting unnecessary fires thereupon. In my opinion those who choose to do so are dirtbags, no matter what they spend their days doing.... Any idiot in a pair of jeans and a tracksuit top can go "climbing mountains".....It doesn't mean they're any less the scumbag/dirtbag/clown/idiot.

If you brought a stove and packed out your rubbish instead of burning it, I'd actually have no issue with you....And I suspect nobody else here would either. Camping in itself is no problem, nor is having a couple of beers at the end of a great day out, even if the legality is open to question. It's all about balance, and you're not balanced in anything you're writing here, so you're fair game.

May I suggest you take a moment to visit www.pathsavers.org where you can build on your stunted education (see the suggestion of junior cert geography for example) by learning about the principles of Leave no Trace.

BTW, you're not being bullied either. Tongue in cheek humour is perhaps beyond your intellect, so I'll make that clear from here on out. If you don't get that bit, you're worse than I thought at first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Dear God! The language coming out of some the mouths on this thread. I'm gobsmacked. Talking like that will get you nowhere. Debate if you wish but no need to insult each other. I'd say each of you deserve a ban just for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 maryo'dee

yes and all over nothing:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Right I'm locking this thread.

If anybody does have a problem with somebodies post in future use the Report Post button please. That will bring it to my attention.

Thank you everyone who has done this.

E.P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement