Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Irish Star Trek Convention

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    saw the poster for this

http://www.octocon.com/2004/

in forbidden planet today which is taking place in chief o neills in smithfield (i live about 15 mins walk from there :) ) in october i think, might be worth looking into see if a group of us want to go, dont really recognize their guest line up though i have to say

Octocon is more a "Literary" convention rather than a media convention, so they will have SciFi authors rather than actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by shinzon

There was groups in kilkenny, waterford dublin sligo galway, anyhoo its been defunct for about 5 years now, but they used to organise conventions, we had george Takei and majel barrett roddenberry at one and the last one was about 6 years ago with Bjo Trimble who i had the pleasure of showing around Waterford when she was here.

Actually George Takei was at Timewarp I and majel barrett roddenberry was at Timewarp II, both events predated "Federation Europe"...

I think the last full trek convention in Ireland was Visicon in June 96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

the posters cool enough, DS9 sticks out though. I signed up but there is only like 12 sigs. I have a bad feeling about this...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hrm yer not the only one. I'm hoping now since i posted the flyers in forbidden planet, the third place, a few cyber cafés and that other sci fi place, beginning with an 'S'. God i can never remember it's name. Anyways there are numourous flyers all around town for it now so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sub city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That's the one. Next time your there you'll see my flyer anyways. The guy in there also told me that Colm Meany is a regular to his shop, so he said he'd tell him about it, and maybe he could get in trouch with Paramount and sort something out, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

I signed the petiton for the star trek convention, but 20 signatures really isnt going to do it folks, and if i may make a suggestion, if you do want a fully licesnsed star trek convention in ireland, why not go to the source here

http://www.creationent.com/

After all there the guys who organised the 2 official conventions in england, just a suggestion

Shin

Advertisement