Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

15626159_1477616202268308_6665425921707844616_o.jpg?oh=aa649200b24c8c36c5a4ab635ad111a5&oe=58EE20EF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Steel frame, disc brakes, 32mm tyres. 7.2kgs
    Rodriguez-bikes-bandito-light-weight-steel-disc-32c-tire-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

New frame - looking forward to putting it together

image_zps51gqwjx0.jpeg

image_zpsi98ijoao.jpeg

image_zpso2qkhkxt.jpeg

image_zpsee3rcbzp.jpeg

image_zps3enkpzqu.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

That's nice and will make a beautiful bike. NOS or new built?
    Need to get my own early 1990 SL frame built back up and running!

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    That's nice and will make a beautiful bike. NOS or new built?
    Need to get my own early 1990 SL frame built back up and running!

Thanks - frame is NOS. Never had any parts fitted. The parts I have to fit are a couple years older than the frame - 1992/1993 c record with first generation ergopower levers. I have both delta brakes and c record cobalto callipers and am undecided which to fit. Am also considering using 8 speed synchro 2 down tube shifers and maybe not using the ergopowers...

I'm struggling to find a cinelli Grammo stem in 110mm or 115mm so can't put it together until I find one for a resonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Delta brakes on that would look sumptous!
    Not jealous at all!
    Not one bit!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

That is the most beautiful frame I've seen in a long time

Cheers Koutoubia & RobFowl - I've been looking for a frame for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

letape wrote: »
    Thanks - frame is NOS. Never had any parts fitted. The parts I have to fit are a couple years older than the frame - 1992/1993 c record with first generation ergopower levers. I have both delta brakes and c record cobalto callipers and am undecided which to fit. Am also considering using 8 speed synchro 2 down tube shifers and maybe not using the ergopowers...

I'm struggling to find a cinelli Grammo stem in 110mm or 115mm so can't put it together until I find one for a resonable price.

Thers a Cinelli Grammo stem on EBay at the moment, that might suit you. Still 20 days left on the auction. I'm sure, you've seen it.
    I had 1992 ergo power on a bike back in the day, it worked beautifully. If I were you, I'd use it with the Delta brakes, in my opinion, they would suit your frame.
    Best of luck with the build.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what's the story with the carrera logo on the top tube differing from the ones on the down tube and seat tube?

• Advertisement

what's the story with the carrera logo on the top tube differing from the ones on the down tube and seat tube?

Not sure - it's the only visual difference between this and the 1994/1995 carrera tassoni team frames (team branded name on the top tube)

IMG_0074_zpsuvdqdhff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

letape wrote: »
    New frame - looking forward to putting it together

A true image of beauty.
    Really looking forward to seeing the completed build here before too long (and hopefully on the road at some stage).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Beautiful bike but you're going to have to get a pair of these to look the part on it :D
    Carrera-jeans-bib-short-low-res.jpg

A true image of beauty.
    Really looking forward to seeing the completed build here before too long (and hopefully on the road at some stage).

Thank you Mercian Pro. Looking forward to having it finished and to experience an older steel frame, for the first time since I sold my nice pink and purple Basso Astra in 1996!

Being through many aluminium and carbon frames since then so will be really interesting to see how he rides. (I did have a later master with modern components recently so that didn't count!)

Would be great to get the proper Carrera shorts too - always wanted a pair of those to imitate Chiappucci, Roche and Marco.

I told my six year old it will be his some day, so definitely a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

This is a build I did over xmas. Bought a Surly LHT frame and kitted it out with some new and some old components. I gave it a Deore 10 speed trekking groupset (T610), loving the smooth shifts.

The LHT frame has some really nice touches like the pump peg (have a Topeak frame pump for it), the spare spoke holder and braze-ons for three bottle cages. Steerer fork is uncut for now but I kind of like it so may leave it that way. Took off the Surly decals for aesthetic and anti-theft reasons.

HJi9NsW.jpg?1

y62obsO.jpg?1

mtzmKPQ.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

25f4876861f92ea8aef9676920679b62.jpg

th_8.jpg?format=1000w

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the design at the end of the crank arm looks like damage rather than a design.

the design at the end of the crank arm looks like damage rather than a design.

dont see it. couldn't be damage on a carbon crankset

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

OleRodrigo wrote: »

It's a mountain range but yes I do see the appearance of damage also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

When I first looked at it it looked like damage. Took me a few minutes to see the mountain. Tilt your head and squint a little maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭cython

I don't think that it was actually a suggestion of damage, but rather that the design of a mountain range on the crank arm could just as easily resemble scuff marks :)

cython wrote: »
    I don't think that it was actually a suggestion of damage, but rather that the design of a mountain range on the crank arm could just as easily resemble scuff marks :)

Ok, kind of see it now. Still looks more like a mountain range though.

Perhaps the resolution needs to be finer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I think it's horrible anyway.

I think you're a bunch of tasteless heathens. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

It's not a carbon crankset, it's Athena alloy. Kinda like the quill stem but not keen on the crankset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm in the "I just thought it was scratched to sh1t" camp too I'm afraid. And I think if I owned it I'd quickly get tired of trying to explain to others that it was supposed to be like that. :)

guym wrote: »
    It's not a carbon crankset, it's Athena alloy. Kinda like the quill stem but not keen on the crankset.

It's a carbon Athena power torque model - I had thought it was an alloy version originally too

Yeah, engraving can easily go wrong but if executed properly it works well.

Jury's out on the mountain range , probably have to see it in the flesh.

The stems are nice.

?format=1000w

?format=1000w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Thud

Some ugly some nice in here, like the UAE Colnago, the AG2R Factor, Lotto Ridley and maybe the Trek.
    Cervelo seatpost is weird, Astana Argon is a bit off

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/01/road-bikes-of-the-2017-worldtour/

Advertisement