Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

DSC08688-XL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^
    That is lovely, nicely understated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Eamonnator wrote: »
    ^
    That is lovely, nicely understated.

Yes it is lovely, in that light, but I do find myself getting annoyed with black on black builds when you're trying to figure out what the fcuk it is. Honestly there was a guy on a bike (a trek as it turned out) in a sportive earlier on this year and I was an hour trying make out the manufacturer and model. I think I had to wait til a food stop so I could tilt the bike so it caught the light just right and I could read the damn decals!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

fat bloke wrote: »
    Yes it is lovely, in that light, but I do find myself getting annoyed with black on black builds when you're trying to figure out what the fcuk it is. Honestly there was a guy on a bike (a trek as it turned out) in a sportive earlier on this year and I was an hour trying make out the manufacturer and model. I think I had to wait til a food stop so I could tilt the bike so it caught the light just right and I could read the damn decals!

It got you interested in the bike, right? Mission accomplished I would say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

montenegro-mfg-1.jpg
    cherubim-r2-2-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Those bikes above raise a point I've pondered previously.

What's the best size for a bike? Aesthetically speaking.

I think 54'. It gives you just the right amount of head tube and puts the frame triangle and the wheels in best proportion. The bikes above to my eye would look better a size up. We'll definitely the top one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Bottom one is a solid retro yes, but the top one would be extraordinarily good, if not the curvy stem.... and small frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Raam wrote: »
    Seat clamps backwards can help spread force on the seatpost so that it's not too focused on one spot where the slot normally is at the back.

That's interesting and all but it's still backwards.

70e392b291e2c21840ad537cda87f98c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

C10A8A12-BCE4-4D70-AB68-3D4170458466_zpsg4ctdr1j.jpg

EEBF8623-2300-4ECD-B69D-DD9B6D0E3833_zpsmpouzhrn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Those Shimano TT bar ends look like....um...Blue Origin rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Lumen wrote: »
    Those Shimano TT bar ends look like....um...Blue Origin rockets.

Ha ha ha........very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

New Wilier Cento10
    erhdue.jpg

Brighter version for people tired of Stealth
    gallery-still-life-110air-2.jpg?itok=mHnGq0Cn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I can see the headline now - Willier posted by someone who is not Raam shocker

a0c252b56eb876171e8282ef36f97a5d.jpg

^^
    I like the way they've matched the the bar tape to the frame, But I think, they should have continued the theme with a black and white saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Eamonnator wrote: »
    ^^
    I like the way they've matched the the bar tape to the frame, But I think, they should have continued the theme with a black and white saddle.

I think there's a white stripe down the centre of the saddle. I wouldn't be a fan either way.

Swiftly moved to the correct thread!

IMG_20160724_193328.jpg

Bought these two for my two girls just yesterday and they are absolutely gorgeous little bikes!

Plus, I can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing more beautiful than watching your children riding their first road bikes. :)

^^^
    much better

51a8d05e11a045504e917e774d83ca19.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what's the doohickey on the fork?

Speed sensor of some description I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i really do prefer the 'open' chainwheels like that, rather than the more solid ones you see on the likes of ultegra chainwheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

Oh god yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

timing chip

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That red Cannondale is just hideous. Red, black, grey, and tan? Eugh. The seatpost is nasty and the black stripe on the underside of the top tube is reminiscent of external cabling.

Black and tan is a good traditional combination though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Swiftly moved to the correct thread!

IMG_20160724_193328.jpg

Bought these two for my two girls just yesterday and they are absolutely gorgeous little bikes!

Plus, I can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing more beautiful than watching your children riding their first road bikes. :)

will we see them in ras na nog next year?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

13680778_1156215264420608_4005538944308812206_n.jpg?oh=32d5bc856917369930e5925174bffa2d&oe=581CD8B2

lennymc wrote: »
    will we see them in ras na nog next year?

I doubt it, to be honest, Lenny. We're trying very hard to keep the focus on "fun" & protect them from the harsh realities of cycling, ie pain, suffering, anguish etc. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

the harsh realities of cycling, ie pain, suffering, anguish etc. :)

That's for the year after? :D

Advertisement