Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Sloppy welding :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

that 3rd bottle holder looks a little awkward.......... oh wait that the seat stays! WTF is that all about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Ooops. Wrong bloody image... Though this may go down no better

1f4085ec3f962e4fe0bab402aec98e9faced6840.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Ooops. Wrong bloody image... Though this may go down no better
    This is the danger with buying from Halfords. They can't assemble bikes correctly.

stecleary wrote: »
    that 3rd bottle holder looks a little awkward.......... oh wait that the seat stays! WTF is that all about

Hellenic seat stays have been around a very long time. As used on GT bikes etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Hellenic seat stays have been around a very long time. As used on GT bikes etc

Kind of a trademark on GT bikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

OK, it has discs..but still:

StainlessSnobDisc-8.jpg?format=1000w

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    OK, it has discs..but still
    I know it's not an aesthetic consideration but disc brakes and deep section wheels are a really crappy combination - the stiffness of the fork combined with that of the rims is likely to give poor ride quality even with wider tyres.

See this Cycling Plus review, for instance...

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-cannondale-synapse-hi-mod-disc-dura-ace-di2-14-48824/

"Handling is laser-precise, but your hands perhaps get a little too much information from the front end"

This is magazine-speak for "rides like crap".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Harry b, I think it's time to make use of a free eyesight test on your PRSI cos those last two posts are just awful!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Harry b, I think it's time to make use of a free eyesight test on your PRSI cos those last two posts are just awful!

No personal insults dude and I already wear glasses. They have no effect on my aesthetic sensibilities. :cool:

Or cpnsidering the ****ty tone of nearly all threads on this forum at the moment, I should reply with the standard:

"Well, I don't see you contributing with any constructive posts."

or my favourite and more pathetic

"I've gone through every page on this thread and haven't seen a worhwhile contribution from you"

From now on all replies in the negative should be in gif format, like

anigif_enhanced-4258-1411512860-16.gif

or

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Go easy on this one, it's mine. Not exactly a beauty, bur not bad for 600euro. Planet X nanolight on Sram Force

19773715440_2ff42ab231_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

beautiful. Pair of deep section carbon wheels with white decals would be the business on that. Hope you didn't have trouble getting it they're not the easiest crowd to work with but worth it in the end!
    [edit] for that price though i'm gonna guess you bought it second hand and didnt have to deal with them!

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    beautiful. Pair of deep section carbon wheels with white decals would be the business on that. Hope you didn't have trouble getting it they're not the easiest crowd to work with but worth it in the end!
    [edit] for that price though i'm gonna guess you bought it second hand and didnt have to deal with them!

Frame bought on here. Badly paint damaged. Carbontec recondition it by respraying rear triangle and compounding the rest for a few quid. Sram Force second hand, same with bars, stem (bothe Pro), seat post (FSA carbon) and saddle (Specialized Romin). Wheels are off previous bike (Ultegra).

All comes in sub 8kg too.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

Frame bought on here. Badly paint damaged. Carbontec recondition it by respraying rear triangle and compounding the rest for a few quid. Sram Force second hand, same with bars, stem (bothe Pro), seat post (FSA carbon) and saddle (Specialized Romin). Wheels are off previous bike (Ultegra).

I love when a bike looks that good so reasonably - Way more satisfying than just buying off the rack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Go easy on this one, it's mine. Not exactly a beauty, bur not bad for 600euro.

Love it, clean lines, simple scheme, dare I say elegant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Lovely - I think Planet-X are doing some really nice frames these days. Far nicer than a lot of the big guys.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I've been looking for a place to spray one of my steeds. I must give Carbontec a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I've been looking for a place to spray one of my steeds. I must give Carbontec a look.

Tell me how it goes. I want to do the same.

The rear stays started like this

11209473_1613406608917293_8728312789009108940_n.jpg?oh=0d3802cedb397eb5b95d40ee4cea652b&oe=5640558F

I went with him after clubmate had badly damaged frame repaired and resprayed. Nice chap.

19780984689_23bf95393d_b.jpg

• Advertisement

holy batman bottle cages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭scott1974

Here's mine...there's not enough titanium bikes here..
    I'm trying to rectify that...

3788fd0f297001848f8933ab563166d358c482d6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

scott1974 wrote: »

Nice, and I like the light components too, what's the weight?

Almost there, just the typography...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

scott1974 wrote: »

That pic doesn't do that bike any justice :) Much nicer in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ordered in early May, arrived last Thursday.
    11 spd 105 with 52/36 crank.
    Ksyrium Elites with 25mm Conti GP4000s II & latex tubes.
    Comes in around 7kg.
    Will change the bar tape to black at some stage.

356837.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭scott1974

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Nice, and I like the light components too, what's the weight?

Hi, it's pretty light for TI.. I think it's around 6.4kg or so with race tubs..corima rims with Tune hubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

furiousox wrote: »
    Will change the bar tape to black at some stage.

very nice, but I'd change the saddle to a white one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

07Lapierre wrote: »
    very nice, but I'd change the saddle to a white one.

So would I. It'd match the decals very well.
    Lovely bike.

Advertisement