Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin fans...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Cannot remember but did they play in Thurles and was it filled???

Yes played Kerry there twice. I could not make the second game but I think it was fairly full that day. The previous week it had been stuffed to the rafters. I think htis is a problem all counties have but it is just more pronounced with Dublin because it has so much a bigger population base then all the other counties. By the way how many county grounds have reached capacity so far in the league this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I was in turlas both days...and packed both days too... Although I think there was an increase in numbers from kerry for the second game.
    never the less.

Oh and welcome back Waylander. ltns.

Good to be back Al. I figured with the new season there would be some Dublin bashing that you could do with a hand to deal with.

Oh there is always Dublin bashing, Im begining to think there is some sort of Napoleon complex outside the pale ??

Maybe we ARE just better than Them ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

maybe ye are just better people but i think its the fact the ye draw so much attention to yerselves that ye get so much slaggin and abuse. U no wha they say: what goes around comes around so lets all hope Sam comes around to Mayo sooner rather than later:D :D

• Advertisement

im afraid it will be later rathen than sooner for Mayo. But for Dublin too I think.... Its still too early to really tell where the quality is but right now armagh and tyrone look strong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

the League had become an more and more important competition in the last 2-3 years.

Yeah i think so too, only more so in the football than the hurling, as a lot of weaker counties have made big jumps over the past couple of years, where as the hurling seems to be all about 1 county for the foreseeable future.

I think the playoff system in the championship is why the league has improved. The likes of Limerick and Westmeath had really good runs the first year in the championship, and that carried theough into the league. The same will happen in hte hurling it just needs a couple of years to manifest itself. In the meantime it is a very strong Tipp team, they might be able to keep Kilkenny honest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

no chance.kilkenny will definitely win the hurling.

Advertisement