Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is generals good or bad?

Options
  • 25-01-2004 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

yes or no?

GOOd OR BaD? 41 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 41 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yeah its certainly good OR bad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

its playable , the micro in it is too hectic and fast paced though and seems less skillful than say warcraft 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Its a good CnC game but not anywhere near as good as say CnC Tiberian sun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

er yes or no ? how are you meant to answer a question about if the game is good or bad with yes or no ?

Generals is the best command and conqure game i have played

and i have played them all

C and C 1 on the pc and playstation
    C and c 2 on the pc and playstation
    C and C tibarn sun on the pc
    C and C red alert 2 on the pc
    C and C generals on the pc

all i need is zero hour :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i didn't like generals originally but when i got a new pc which made it playable i started enjoying it, the expansion pack is extremely good for it, tis a good game in general (no pun intended) try going back to ra2 after you've played and you'll realise how crap the AI is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Yes Zero hour is actualy very good, i havent played it online yet but i have a few taticts i want to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If you wan to spice up your love for C&C:G, take a look for 'battlemech' mod, it add mech's from the mechwarrior series into it, and my god they kick rump :)

Diashi's ravens, bushwackers, nove cats, mad cats............ so much mech action!

If they get enough downloads of their mod they are considering doing a full conversion, which I most definately want a go at, so get downloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Originally posted by bizmark
    er yes or no ? how are you meant to answer a question about if the game is good or bad with yes or no ?

Generals is the best command and conqure game i have played

and i have played them all

C and C 1 on the pc and playstation
    C and c 2 on the pc and playstation
    C and C tibarn sun on the pc
    C and C red alert 2 on the pc
    C and C generals on the pc

all i need is zero hour :p

Renegade, Firestorm (TS), Yuri's revenege (RA2) there are also some others :)

Originally posted by Pugsley
    If you wan to spice up your love for C&C:G, take a look for 'battlemech' mod, it add mech's from the mechwarrior series into it, and my god they kick rump :)

Diashi's ravens, bushwackers, nove cats, mad cats............ so much mech action!

If they get enough downloads of their mod they are considering doing a full conversion, which I most definately want a go at, so get downloading.

http://www.battletechmodproductions.com/btgenerals/

is this it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

Sorry. Yes its good. Or no its bad. I wasn't thinking straight when i posted this. In fact i wasn't thinking at all. Soz

• Advertisement

Renegade, Firestorm (TS), Yuri's revenege (RA2) there are also some others

ya sorry i had firestorm and yutis revenege .....firestorm added a lot to red alert (if thats the one im thinking about)

Hey ppl sorry about this thread i was board a few nights ago and this was the result. Delete it mods if you want. I'm not bothered with it. I have Generals and Zero Hour and I think it's the best RTS ever made. This is including StarCraft and Warcraft. I know a lot will disagree but this is only m oppinion. Feel free to express your.

zero hour isnt even in the same league as WC3 or SC... its a very mediocre game with some decent mulitplayer... its seems alot more newbie friendly than blizzard rts' too

hmm i didn't like wc3 when i played it, it doesnt have that pick up and playability i think generals is different kind of rts to warcraft and aoe and the like purely are you don't have to built houses and harvest many types of goods, less micro management more focus on battle i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Originally posted by bizmark
    ya sorry i had firestorm and yutis revenege .....firestorm added a lot to red alert (if thats the one im thinking about)

Firestorm was for tiberian sun, there were two different ones for red alert, not sure about the names of em, I know for the Playstation that they were combined and it was named command and conquer RA: Retaliation
    zero hour isnt even in the same league as WC3 or SC

SC is dated :) and WC3 is good but for those who are up for more modern style combat, WC3 doesnt cut it :) (Although the lack of a storyline would drop in C&C: ZH's case, bout it though)

aftermath was one of the original RA expansion, i think counterstrike was the other one and yes there where combined into retaliation which was released on the ps1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Originally posted by User45701
    Its a good CnC game but not anywhere near as good as say CnC Tiberian sun

Tiberian Sun???? Are you serious? That was the worst C&C game ever! That FUBAR game almost lead to the end of C&C altogether. If it wasn't for the excellent RA2, that reminded people that C&C was not crap we probably wouldn't have Generals now! BTW Tiberian Sun isn't just the worst C&C, IMO its one of the worst games ever made.

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    http://www.battletechmodproductions.com/btgenerals/

is this it here?
    No actually, but damn thats looking good!

ps: that mod isnt released yet, but by the look of it it will be out soon and looks amasing.

Originally posted by Agent7249
    SC is dated :)

Dated or not its still twice the game Generals is...
    originally posted by Dataisgod
    less micro management more focus on battle i think

The micro management AND managment in battle seems alot less complex than Warcraft...(god i sound like a warcraft fanatic but ive just played both games and think warcraft out classes it in every aspect)

I'm talking purely multiplayer online. I haven't even glimpsed at single player in any of my RTS's. I think single in RTS's are crap anyway. Only good one is Starcraft's one. Does anybody bother with Single player in RTS's?

• Advertisement

Not me usually I just go straight to Skirmish, but I done the single player in the origional C&C (because it was brilliant, and there was no skirmish in it).

i don't usually play the mission because you can't increase the game speed and i find it too slow and annoying so like pugsley i go straight for the skirmish, my cousin though likes playing the mission and has cleared generals and is working his way through zero hour when ever he drops down to the house

i always do the missions ......And have cleared all the C and C games includeing generals

what do you want a medal, go buy zero hours ya bum ya oh yeah an clearing it on easy doesn't count

being called a bum by a tax dodgeing unwashed student is pritty funny

And the older ones where on hard generals was meduim because i wasnt used to the game :D

im great i am

single player rts games are disgustingly easy , multiplayer is where its at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

*Dundalk LAN 3 Zero Hour Champion*

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Thank you...

Originally posted by Funky
    single player rts games are disgustingly easy , multiplayer is where its at
    Finish Red Alert single player on hard and repeat that sentence, that game was an utter bugger to finish. Some of the one man missions were annoying as hell (volkov and Chizmodai anyone? [sp?]).

yeah those one man missions sucked i always hated them, i remember that tanya mission, mission three i think it was pain in the bollox

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Finish Red Alert single player on hard and repeat that sentence, that game was an utter bugger to finish. Some of the one man missions were annoying as hell (volkov and Chizmodai anyone? [sp?]).

fair enough but any sort of mission that involves your normal base vs base mission , even biased to the computer who usually has a tech and cash advantage are generally piss easy whereas an even game online will almost always be very tough

Advertisement