Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Star Trek Game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Yea I remember that, Starship creator absolutely sucked balls anyway.. you didnt miss much. Dominion wars was fun ! I played through the missions and I would have played it online but it was just sooOoo buggy.. shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I have starship creater 1 the only good thing is the music when your first srt the game up.

But i did want the 2nd 1 2 make my own ships in Dominion wars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah sacrifice of angels is around the end of ds9 season six, start of season seven with the dominion war, i've never played homeworld but a mod of it for star trek might be cool, with a bit of look i may be getting my hands on bridge commander soon so would be willing to play with ya's online if we could sort it out.

aye i forgot the dominion war game, it looked good at the time but never played it.

a borg cube would lay the smackdown on the scimitar cloak or no cloak

sacrifice of angels was at the start of seson 6
    tape number 6.3 (episode 5+6)

Ye im going to try to get my hands on bridge commander aswell it does look good

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

It's got to be A Final Unity for me, good adventure story, good story line, nice ending and pretty decent, albeit old, starship fighting interface. Still have the cd here, ace game!

• Advertisement

Tazzle do you know how to get A Final Unity to run on XP i cant seem to find any fix`s

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Most trek games suck unfortunately :(

BOTF seems best of the lot. Armada was good but had a crappy dodgy engine and always hung

I neaver had a problem with armada. it always worked fine for me. I would say armada was the best because it was so easy to MOD

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

A Final Unity is the best Star Trek game ever made by a GAZILLION XILLIAN WILLIAN TRILLION miles. If one of those terms means a small number in Star Trekian i'm sorry. I mean them to be big.

stng3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by User45701
    sacrifice of angels was at the start of seson 6
    tape number 6.3 (episode 5+6)

whoops ah well cant win em all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well here's my two noncents. When i first bought bridge commander i thought it was an ok game, but didn't really show anything spectacular. The models and textures were crap, and the missions pretty linier. Plus there wasn't really much to do except have the odd battle with underpowered ships, and fly around for a bit. That all changed when i discovered the bc modding sites. www.bcfiles.com and www.bridge-commander.com

These guys and their high poly ship models, and mad mods like starship seperation and core eject, and nanofx, to name but a very very small few, have improved the game no end, and made it the game it was always meant to be. Speaking of which i am just about to release my own mod for this game. I can't model or script or anythign so i've decided to release an intro mod which replaces all the logos in the game when it starts up. It replaces them with a short 4 minute movie i made of just some of the few enhancements to bc over the years. I've gotten good feedback to the select few of modders i've shown it to. Anyways if u have bc and think it's rubbish, go to that site and check out all the downloads etc, you'll be amazed at how it improved the game so so much.

Noncents...

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I just got elite force II highly recommended

Reminds me of armada1.

Those modding sites , in particular STamods (now deceased may it rest in pease)
    Those Ramada1 modding sites where amazing its what first got me interested in modding.

I just downloaded a mod for BC.. enemies of life, some of the ships dont work and I cant get a network game going with it :( .. Shame the defiant r0cks !

Originally posted by center15
    I just got elite force II highly recommended

better than Ellite force 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I read a user review of gameplay and it kinda slammed it saying it had the same repetitive environments and the idea of a Strafleet comabt unit didn't sit well with the Star Trek universe.

But user who made the review could be a twat. More info on it please!!

Hehe enemies of life, i know the guy that did that mod. Right man, make sure you have the 1.1 patch installed, then install the foundation plugin system. If you dont have foundation, ships and mods etc dont get recognised by the game properly, to put it in simple terms. Again, make sure you have foundation installed before u install the mod, otherwise it wont work properly. Ohh and also, make sure it's installed to a clean install. The thing about Bridge Commander is that all the ship files etc have to be EXACTLY the same on both installs of Bridge Commander to get a networked or Internet game going, stupid i know but that's the way the engine was built. If you need more info pm me alright?

foundation plugin system.. thats were I must have gone wrong. Ill give that a try tomorrow. Im looking forward to a network game with the mod :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Bizmark,

I got Bridge Commander 3. Currently playing through the kilingon campaign. Soon i'll know the game well enough to scuttle you in a borg cube with the scimitar :D

I went to pick up bridge commander last thursday but game was closed i got into town late cause of traffic. Im going to buy it this thursday. Ill give you a game when i get it. 2 newbs at the game it will be a fair match then we can both try to take on bismark. Im scared

• Advertisement

You people dont seem to realise. Your install of Bridge Commander has to be EXACTLY the same of whoever else is in, or hosting the game, otherwise it wont connect. Something to do with Bridge Commander's Engine. I recommend either getting the mpmp1.4 mod from www.bcfiles.com or the unofficial 1.3 patch, from same said site.

I think its a good thing a game being like that. Both game version have to be exeatly the same.

I know very little about cheating online but to my knolage inorder to be invumrable or see though walls or have "aimbot" and other cheats you must modify atleast 1 file in your game folder. So if a game insists on both copys being the exact same wouldent that clamp down on cheating?

Yes and no, it is possible to cheat in bc online. Not that i've used it online much anyways. My mods just feck with online play and it's too much of a hassle installing a fresh copy then modifying it significantly just to be able to play against a select few people who have the same mod installed. Anyways it IS possible to cheat online in BC, and i know how, but i'll refrain mentioning it as i hate cheaters myself. And no i don't do it myself, only reason i know of it is because i'm a part of a perticular team of BC modders.

Advertisement