Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Star Trek Game

Options
  • 20-01-2004 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Does this belong here or in the Games forum?
    I figure it will get more of a responce here
    If you want ill delete this topic

Hmm i alos forgot Away team and kningon accademy and that TOS game (cant rem name)
    Hmmm what other games did i leave out?

What is the Best star Trek game 21 votes

Armada
    0% 0 votes
    Armada 2
    9% 2 votes
    Bridge Commander
    4% 1 vote
    Ellite force
    9% 2 votes
    Star Fleet command
    28% 6 votes
    Klingon Academy
    4% 1 vote
    Away Team
    9% 2 votes
    Birth of the federation
    4% 1 vote
    A final unity
    14% 3 votes
    New worlds
    14% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Wheres Bridge commander ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

damm ye i 4got that 2.
    This sucks u can only put in 10 option for a poll. Thats not enough to fit them all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

the threads fine here, but i'll edit the poll such that we can fit different games in instead of just sequels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

A final unity? never heard of it, any good?
    I choose BoTF, got a loan of it about 4 years ago and still haven't given it back, don't intend to either :p love that game :)

I tied to install BOTF yesterday , i think my cd is damaged or elce it wont install on EX
    My CnC Tiberian dawn wont install on Ex either

It says CnC requires 50 megs free space
    you gave 70000 megs free space
    There is not enough space to install CnC LOL

Ye BOTF is good but i would have to Say Star Trek Armada 1
    I played that 24/7 making and playing mods for almost a year

• Advertisement

I've never played the full version of armada, i loved armada 2, might check it out.

There are mods for BoTF but any of the one's I've tried sucked ass! they sound great but the modles don't work in the battle sequences. :dunno:

Same problem here with the BOTF mods.
    New models dont work in BOTF i figured out that it was the fact there are 2 different BOTF the US and english/german version

Mods are designed for the US version.

I made a Mod myself for BOTF it increased the size of fleets. A average AI fleet would have about 60+ ships in it. it made those final battles aver feringinar amazing. The AI would pull its fllet back and just sit in feriginar until u attacked then the game would freeze and takes ages for the battle cause 300+ v 300+ ships

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Yeah BOTF was a pretty exceptional game for ST standards, the micro-management threw casual gamers off though so it never did very well. Everything about it was just polished, battles could have been a bit more involving though.

Still, the best ST game is definately A Final Unity, it has a truly episodic feel, multiple paths and the battles in it are arguably better than SFA/KA/BC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The only one I have is Elite force. It's good enough, bit short though.

Is A final unity the sequel to Elite force?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

http://www.almy.us/sst.html

try this piece of nostalgia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Is that the one with the blocky grid, and "choose your warp factor." "you have chosen warp factor 6". "you have used it too long, you have damaged your engines". Highly crap, highly addictive.

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    The only one I have is Elite force. It's good enough, bit short though.

Is A final unity the sequel to Elite force?

A final unity is several several years old. Long before ellite force
    I have it but it will only run in dos and i run XP and there is no fix/patch online

It was a good game but i got stuck when u had to help that admiral find that missing doughter or sumthing like that.

Damm i also left out star trek Generation, that was decent enough

Ya im a bridge commander player myself Botf was great to as was elite force.....But Bridge commander has to take it :)

comeherebop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Armada's the best imo, with botf close behind. I always felt bridge commander lacked depth.. absolutely great looking though as the picture above shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Klingon Academy was my all time favourite...LAN game...6 man free for all

btw...Azezil

I WANT MY bOtf BACK....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i've got klingon academy, botf, armada, away team, hidden evil and a load of old ones in a bumper pack including a final unity, generations, starfleet academy lost missions. i the interactive technical manual knocking around and star trek klingon what ever that is

the interactive technical manual knocking

man i want that cd!

Ah yes naother game we forgot. Star Trek Klingon
    You play a Klingon who is admited into a ellite guard of warriors

I am sorry to admin that i neaver played Bridge commander at the time of its release my pc broke when i got it fixed some months later i neaver bought it.
    It must be cheap enough by now right?

I might check out game tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I think i still have my star trek klingon game lying about along with DS9 Harbinger. I remember buying Harbinger for my confo to play on my old 486dx.

I have a €15 voucher for game might see can i get bridge commander and scuttle bizmark in it (yeah like i'd even get shields up in time) ;)

:D iv been playing that on line for nearly 1 and a half years you can try i guess :p

• Advertisement

birmarck , thats not very nice, preying on a poor NewB to bridge commander. Mabe ill buy it aswell ive always wanted to play it. That way me and clownboy can have a go at u together bismarck..... even though u would probbley still win.

Tell me Bismarck in Bridge commander how may diffferent ships are there to play with and was it Bridge commander or was it Starfleet command 3 that has the patch with the semitar?

around 20 ships ...but theirs a fuge load of muiltplayer patchs over on www.bcfiles.com the most used is 1.3b and the Enemy of life expansion with gives you much better grapics and more ships

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I could imagine User45701 and me going up against Bizmark. It would be like 2 runabouts going up against the semitar.:(

I just check that site. I'm gonna attack you with a B5 ship just to piss ya off.

you cant use mods that the other player doesnt have .....the game checks each players scripts to make sure no ones cheating or useing different mods

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i had high hopes for bridge commander, but i didn't like it that much.

just buy homeworld for €10 and get the Sacrifice of Angels mod(http://www.trek-homeworld.co.uk/). Damn brilliant. Or get homeworld 2 and wait a couple of months for some brilliant looking mods.

To the best of my knolage sacrafice of angels is the name of the last 2 parts in the DS9 6 parter when the dominion are in control of DS9 and the federation fleet attacks.

Bismarck couldent we all just install the same mod/ships then try to kill you.
    Besides it wouldent be like 2 runabouts against the semitar it would be more like 2 runabouts against a borg cube...

Wait a second.

Would the semitar be able to outfight a borg cube?
    The firing through the cloak is new technolagy to the borg so they might not adapt fast enough.

Some people say that the Enterprise can be a bit of a match to the semitar because of the movie but remember the semitar only targeted weaons and shields. If they wanted to the Enterprise would not have lasted 5 min.
    what do u all think?

SearrarD: HA n3vAr :p

Before my last format I had made a lot of changes made to BoTF:
    Had the phaser mod - corrects the phaser colours for each race.
    Increased the fire power and decreased the cost of minor races vessles.
    Gave the defiant a cloaking device ;)
    Allowed recloaking while in battle - did get to play that one much, had to format soon after adding it.

Must see if i can find that software again :)

i couldent get cloking in battle to work.
    how did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Klingon honour guard.. great game ! but it was over shadowed by half life at the time.

Did you ever get the Hardware 3D patch for botf ? Made the battles run much smoother and look better.. was prone to crashing though.. even more so.. :D

Another game you forgot was Dominion Wars, could have been an excellent game if they had worked out all the bugs.

Dominion_Wars_Box.jpg

• Advertisement

I didnt like dominion wars. I Even thretened leghal action against the guys that made it

They issued a press release stating that everyone who bought it would recive a free copy of Starship creater 2, only the us got it.
    I was pissed off but the company wouldent hear me out so i said i hope all the company shrivels up and dies

Advertisement