Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duras sisters Still allive?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Rommies and klingons are in the beta quad the federasion is in both the alpha and beta quad (or thats whats beleaved)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm those star charts would be useful now eh bizmark?

aye

Their super non - cannon though

• Advertisement

so will the star charts be so it doesn't matter really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

But in reality we dont know exeatly how vast borg or dominion space is so there not that accurate. Also the Krenim we dont know how vast there space is because we didnt get to see a map of there space after the final temperal incursion.

I loved the Devore imperiam.

the Devore are only ment to have like 10 sectors thats only 200 light years in total

federasion is ment to be 8,000 light years the borg must be much bigger you do the maths :D

the borg have (at the shortest point in there space) 10,000 light years across
    (a ten year journly at warp 9.975)

How long did those cadets on the valient say it would take to go around the entire federation?

But you see their lies the problum .........Tng and the movies *up to first contact" support a VERY large federasion of 8,000 light years.But Ds9 (and only deepspace 9) support a much smaller Federasion of maybe only 600-1000 light year's

So i dont know i bleave in the bigger fed with no equal in the apha/beta quad's

(the cadets said a few months)

• Advertisement

I see. 8000 light years seems a bit too much.

You would think that Startrek.com would just have a offical starmap

ya but that would limit storys if they put limits on the size of the fed starfleet etc

Just like TNG showed at most 25 ships and the enterprise ALWAYS seemed to be the only ship in range......to Ds9 where massive 1,200 strong fleets show up out of no where

Well if you remember in the TNG episode called redemption the klingons are having a cival war and it takes ALLOT of effort to scrounge up a federation task force of 20 ships. about4-6 years later the Federation in the same amount of time assembled a fleet of 635 ships (DS9 6.3 Sacrifice of angels)

So yes it is odd how the fleet size seems to change allot. It would be nice if we knew the exact size of the federation. Also the thing i just dont understand is the romulans keep quite a large fllet on the federation border. But it always seem like the the closent ship is the enterpise and there alays several days away from the netrul zone. So why didnt the romulans attack during this time when the feds didnt have such a large fleet.

i'm gonna attempt some maths here :)

federation is 10000 lightyears across and 1000 light years up so that is an area of

10000*1000 = 10000000 = 1 *10^7 square light years or 10 million square light years.

assuming the federation has 20000 starships and an even distribution of said ships that should give a starship ever

1*10^7 / 2*10^4 = 500 square lightyears . so theoretically there is on ship in every five hundred square light years

considering it takes about a day to do 5 lightyears at warp 9 or so no wonder theres never a bloody ship around when you need it :)

So go around the entire federation......

emmm voyager was 70,00 away from home. Thats a 70 year trip

Thats 1000 light years = 1 year
    So if the federation is 10,000 across thats a 1 year journy from 1 side to the other

nah voyager was 70000 light years from home hence the 70 years so to journey across the fed should be a ten year trip

sorry i left out a 0 in voyagers distance

So from one side of the federation to another is 10 years? That couldent be right because that would mean that anyone who wanted to conquer the federation would have to fight for 10 years min even if the federation didnt have a fleet.

Yet the dominion came so close to conquering the entire federation in less than 1 year, where did the other 9 years go to?

I wish there was a detailed map on star trek.com

well i suppose they mean they conquered the heart of the federation or the more original federation but yeah it is meant to be 10 years across

Freighter captain(living on outer federation wourld) : Bye honey im going on a cargo run,

Wife: What but we only just got back from....

Freighter captain:yes yes i know we just got back from our honey moon but dont worry im travleing at warp 9.975 in my new freighter. I have to do this cargo run.

Wife: ok seaya when you get back

20 years leter...

Freighter captain:Honey im home

I mean WTF? can you imagine (if they still had money) how much money you would get pain for that 1 cargo run. At modern wages 7 euro a hour x 24 hours a day x 365 days a year = 61320 x 20 years = Total payment for that 1 cargo run is 1226400 Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Just saw the Enterprise episode with Duras today...

• Advertisement
Advertisement