Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duras sisters Still allive?

Options
  • 19-01-2004 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Im not saying they are still allive.
    I would like to point out that the destruction of there BOP (Bird of Prey) was the same sequence used in the previes star Trek filim (Star Trek VI)

When the BOP exploded you can see a small sphercial object (escape pod) jetison from the botom of the ship - It is possible that orginaly they had planed for chang or duras sisters to surive

Or it is simply a peice of reckage that looks like something it is not because klingons would have no real use for escape pods.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

:D hope the sisters are still kickin.Was real sorry to see them go in the film
    I think it was a mistake to kill em off, hopefully they see the light and bring em back in some form or another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

All in all I thought it was a good film...usually in Star trek films it gives a complete story, Bad guys die or peace is achieved...yadda yadda

Shame to see characters finish but it was good while it lasted....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye I supose they where quite good.
    Klingons life span is quite long isent it?
    over 130 anyway.

I supose most klingons die young with hounner but klingons like Korn (is it Korn?) The Dah`ar master are such good fighters that they do live a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

the duras are well dead the torp hit the bop's bridge with out sheilds no one can life true that

ah but the thing is there is about a 3 secons gap between the bridge seen and then the torp hitting. Easley enough time for a site-site transport.

In thery

• Advertisement

you mean the 2 seconds while they are looking at each other and then the ship explodeing....i couldnt say "the" in that time never mind program a transporter

Their dead thats it theirs no way around it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

either that of they died of starvation on that planet.

good point they would have starved

Back to my other point then mabe chang or atleast the blueprints or the prototype BOP surived in that escape pod from his ship cause it is the same scene.

you seen the fireball comeing towords chang hes dead 2

Hol on on that 1 bismark we have all sen that movie and all the movies countless times

chang says "to be or not to be" the ship is hit, it de-cloaks then after about 10 seconds it is destroyed. that is plently of time to get to a escape pod. He is probley dead yes but mabe the plans for the Prototype where on the escape pod

In all reality i would say it is simply debree as oposed to a escape pod but it does look suspicasly sphercial.

• Advertisement

He was killed it hit the bridge and their was a big fireball that ingulfed the bridge .....hes dead.............i douth they would of keept the plans on the ship so ya more than likely they still have the plans....That or the cloak was from the romulans and the scimitars cloak was simply a better version....Remember the romulans where part of that plot to kill the klingon pres ?

True I did wonder about the Scemitar but 1 would wonder how come the romulans havent tried to develp a phase cloak like the federation

Romulans are like china their big and have big ships/miliitry but technology wise their not up to the standers of the fed (who could be considered the USA or EU)

thats how i see it anyway

Well it has been mentioned may times before that the romulan sensors and weapons are equiel that of the federations.

There cloaks give them a hudge advantage but in reality cloaking just wouldent be effective

Warbird weapions arent ment to be a match for a ship 1/2 it size (galaxy) the rommys also lack burst fire torpedo launchers.

and their warbirds where being wiped out by the founders (B&B said that) so much in fact that b&b suggested that their where different versions of the Warbird some more well armed that the others

Also look at the valdour about the same size of a sovy but totaly infairor to it

True howeaver romulan phase disrupters or usefull

Here is a question you might be able to help me with bismarck

Federation anti-matter torps can be fired at warp
    Can Roumaln plasma torps be fired at warp?

Dont think so in tos the enterprise was able to simply outrun them.......and in all star trek outings we never seen a warbird fire anything at warp...Maybe their totaly unable to

Well that would prove that the federagtion technolgy is better but the romulans counter that with the treaty of (whats the rom/fed treaty called? i cant rem) that treaty prevents the federation from develping cloak technolgy

Cloak isnt that big a deal tbh .....each ship is at a disadvanage wither its the feddy ship being sneke attacked or the romy ship uncloaking with out sheilds or cloaking with out sheilds.....Its only really useful for scouting and covert ops

and i cant remember the treaty name :(

I keep thinking the treaty of algeron but as i recall that might be the name of a planet in Star Wars

Was it the kittiomar Accords? - That was the Klingon / Federation pease wasent it

• Advertisement

ya that was the klingon/feddy peace talks /treaty

treaty of algeron sounds right though

It is right but is there a planet in Star Wars called Algeron or am i just getting confused from lack of sleap?

:dunno: i havent gone to bed yet either....jesus where slackers

Anyway ya i think its that planet that the death star destroyed ......doesnt mean it cant be the name of the treaty though

ah i rememberd the planet they destroyed was Alderan
    The treaty was called AlGeran both very simmilar

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

ah i rememberd the planet they destroyed was Alderan
    The treaty was called AlGeran both very simmilar

Yep except one is a treaty and the other is a planet

ye well obsivaly i ment they sound simmilar

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

was a joke

i know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i also think it to be the treaty of algeron, and then we had that good episode of TNG with your man trying to get around the treaty called the pegasus i think it was.

the cloak does give the romulans an advantage they can sneak attack not just useful for scouting and covert ops, if the federation didn't think the cloak much use they never would have bothered there asses getting it for the defiant.

what was the special agreement that allowed them violate the treaty is the treaty only applicable in the alpha quadrant? if so are the romulans in the alpha quadrant? as i think the klingons are in the near beta quadrant not sure though

• Advertisement

The romulans gave the defiant the cloak under the conditions it could ONLY be used in the gamma quadrent. It was violated several times.

The Star Trek map has always been confusing, there have been so many.
    To the best of my knolage earth is more less centerd on the alpha /beta border. in the beta quadrent oposite them is the romulan empire and above the romulan empire is the klingon empire. In the oposite diriction is the cardassion union and Bajor

Advertisement