Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget '03

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

FAO: All Students......

Have a shower, get a job....
    And welcome to the real world.
    FAO: L4

you are a MUPPET!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Increase in employee tax credit to €1,040 per annum

What was it this year? Anyone know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

personnaly L4, i dont think u have a clue about wot u are sayin,, i reckon u have a serious chip on ur shoulder towards students and people who are ''well off'',,

i think u are just jealous cos u didn't go to college, have no achievments, are stuck in a ****ty job goin no where and u are just lookin for people to blame cos u fukd up your own life,,

as far as the budget goes,, i cant believe that the minimum wage wasn't increased.. its ****in disgracefull!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by L4
    Look, honestly.. I'm not a troll, actually it's called a WUM this side of the Atlantic.

No its not. YOU call it a WUM. The rest of us call it a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by newband
    ,, i cant believe that the minimum wage wasn't increased.. its ****in disgracefull!!

No wonder L4 is pissed off, guess its gonna be a lean Christmas at the L4 house, lean, lean, lean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

5 feckin cent on a litre of petrol.. like its not expensive enough already :mad:

That Mc Creevy is some dopey bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

TROLL

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by rymus
    5 feckin cent on a litre of petrol.. like its not expensive enough already :mad:

That Mc Creevy is some dopey bitch

Yeah couldnt agree more! McCreevy probably doesn't have to pay for fuel from own pocket :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

L4 - I've been reading some of your posts on this thread and elsewhere and frankly they seem to fit into a certain mindset. Now being a trinners grad - I've been taught not to be closed minded - and so I was hoping you could answer the following so that I don't start to generalise...

1. Do you now or have you ever owned a white van? [are you in fact an example of 'white van man']

2. Do you feel that Sky News and the Sun offer a rigorous and considered view on world affairs?

3. Do you feel that Richard Littlejohn (of the above) is a wise man who should be listened to more?

4. Have your opinions ever been proved wrong (perhaps by practical experience of actual farmers\non-stereotypical students), and did you accept the alternative viewpoint?

Thanks for putting my mind to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

TROLL to the max.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by L4
    Look, honestly.. I'm not a troll, actually it's called a WUM this side of the Atlantic.
    WUM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by newband
    as far as the budget goes,, i cant believe that the minimum wage wasn't increased.. its ****in disgracefull!!
    The minimum wage isn't part of the budget. And it is being increased to €7.00 (some exceptions) on 1st February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

L4 ... you seem to contradict yourself an awful lot ...

Firstly
    Originally posted by L4
    Don't mind the rise in prices of Ciggerettes, it's this shower that should be targeted

& then
    Originally posted by L4
    F**kin 25% increase on ciggerettes. Bastards

Any ways :rolleyes:

Clinical Waste> the employee PAYE Tax Credit for 2003 is €800.00, so for 2004 all employees are getting a raise in Tax Credit of €240.00 .... wup di do basil :rolleyes:

The most worrying thing for me about this budget is the closing of the loop hole for VAT on sites ... AFAIK, the builders used to transfer the site to the eventual purchaser without VAT, so that the VAT would only be charged on the construction cost of the house ... but Charlie [to be known hereafter as the Horsie Crowd Loving Fcuk Head :D] has closed the loophole, so we'll all have to pay even more money for houses :mad: :mad:

Plus, what the fcuk is it with €240.00 increase in Tax Credits ... he might as well give us nothing, because it's fcuking wiped out by inflation!!

& what about the non indexation of the Tax Bands ... pure unadulterated sh!te ... the Irish times is reporting tha 50k more people are going to be pushed into the higher tax band in 2004, due to cost of living rises [in line with inflation] !!
    See article here

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by LoneGunM@n
    The most worrying thing for me about this budget is the closing of the loop hole for VAT on sites ... AFAIK, the builders used to transfer the site to the eventual purchaser without VAT, so that the VAT would only be charged on the construction cost of the house ... but Charlie [to be known hereafter as the Horsie Crowd Loving Fcuk Head :D] has closed the loophole, so we'll all have to pay even more money for houses :mad:
    You still got to pay either VAT or stamp duty, not a whole lot of difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Why is it no one ever does anything aboot the feckers in gov.!
    like how much can be takin, tax hikes,scandels,closing prison while crime increases!!
    Where did they get these yobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Manticore
    Where did they get these yobs!

We voted for them apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I know for a fact that I didn't vote for them ... shower of fcukin' wasters :mad:
    Originally posted by Victor
    You still got to pay either VAT or stamp duty, not a whole lot of difference.

I thought that stamp duty was 4% on land between €31,750.00 & €63,500.00 and 5% on land between €63,500.00 & €76,200.00, with 6% on land above €76,200.00!!

So even if the site cost was >€76,200.00, the saving over VAT is 7.5% which is a fair whack of money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

LoneGunM@n wrote: »
    I know for a fact that I didn't vote for them ... shower of fcukin' wasters :mad:

I thought that stamp duty was 4% on land between €31,750.00 & €63,500.00 and 5% on land between €63,500.00 & €76,200.00, with 6% on land above €76,200.00!!

So even if the site cost was >€76,200.00, the saving over VAT is 7.5% which is a fair whack of money!!

Shocking stuff altogether!!!

Right from the bowels of a dead thread rises this zombie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

hah! I bet they never saw the current economic state coming did they yiz shower of bástards! ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Woah
    It's like I travelled back in time to the first page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I remember this budget.
    McCreevy jacked up the duty on cider, the fecker:mad:

Note to self, buy property now!!

Advertisement