Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget '03

Options
  • 03-12-2003 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

I hope McCreevy gets his act together and raises taxes on Farmers and the high earners. Don't mind the rise in prices of Ciggerettes, it's this shower that should be targeted. I would suggest an increase in their taxes to fund out-reach like schemes in low earning areas such as Innercity Dublin or Limerick etc.
    They are constantly pondering about what should be done with the 'scumbags' that roam around estates causing a wave of petty crime. Well maybe a few good community schemes in these areas would give the youngsters something to do, instead of running around spitting on pavements. I'm sure the country hicks in their 5 bedroom house could do without a new car this year, or a new plasma screen t.v for their bedrooms. It might narrow the gap between the 'scumbags' and the wonderfull wealthy folk who enjoy 3 holidays a year.. I know a few won't go for such a suggestion on this board, as one poster called me a "lower class piece of sh*t" on another thread. Those kind of people are beyond reproach and should be relocated to Darndale or St. Marys in order for them to see life outside their golf clubs and fine communitys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'm convinced you're a troll now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I concur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭L4

Look, honestly.. I'm not a troll, actually it's called a WUM this side of the Atlantic.
    I do believe that taxes should be raised for the big earners.

Originally posted by L4
    Look, honestly.. I'm not a troll, actually it's called a WUM this side of the Atlantic.
    I do believe that taxes should be raised for the big earners.
    Right i'm going to humour you for a while.

What's a big earner? Give us a rough idea.
    All farmers or just the farmers that are big earners?
    Why not reduce dole payments for those fit to work and then those on the dole will be forced to get a job and value money?
    Why not build more prisons, with any extra tax, and actually imprison these scumbags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

First you target students then farmers!!
    Why don't you back up your arguments a little better? I mean, you can't just make a statement like "I'm sure the country hicks in their 5 bedroom house could do without a new car this year, or a new plasma screen t.v for their bedrooms." without backing it up and without getting some serious critiscism from other posters.

• Advertisement

Well before new prisons are built maybe the existing ones should be kept open. Clover Hill & Spike are supposed to be closed down. But Ideally yes more is required.
    Obviously small farmers don't fit in the bracket of high earners*.

I don't think the dole should be reduced, but more rigerous qualifing conditions should be applied.

*For example: Double earners in high paid jobs with large houses, 2+ cars and a few smelly student children in Trinity or UCD etc.

Maybe double earners need their 2 cars for getting to their 2 jobs and large house is a result of them having 2 earners!

Surely taxing people on an individual basis would solve this. Sure the single earner family would have less money but then the other partner could always get a job. What do you think of that. More money in the coffers too.

Maybe ban college altogether. It's not as though we need Doctors, engineers or anyone else anyways. That would solve the smelly student problem and save the government a fortune.

Now your just being immature.

Stupid maybe but immature no. But then again nowhere near as stupid as your suggestions but at least I was doing it intentionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Sarcasm will be lost on L4, Imposter!! :D

• Advertisement

Well I'm not looking of your vote in some 'campus election' so if you don't like what I have to say, fair enough. I wouldn't imagine you would be willing to sacrifice your spare beamer or spring holiday in Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I also think that there should be an extra tax bracket for higher earners, and by high I mean over 60k or something like that. I don't agree with taxing farmers, but I don't really know enough about how much they earn to debate it. The community scheme thing is a good idea on paper, but how many 'scumbag's are going to want to give up spitting on a kerb to go and do something decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Originally posted by L4
    I don't think the dole should be reduced, but more rigerous qualifing conditions should be applied.

Rigourous qualifying conditions? You have to be unemployed to get the Dole.
    So what, in your eyes people should be REALLY REALLY unemployed?

You sir, are a buffoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Can i assume from your comments that you never aspire to be a "high earner" L4? Or is it just too late for you?

Listen Embee if you don't know what I mean, think about it again. Think of other ways a person would qualifer more than another. Students :rolleyes:

FAO: Supersi, there is nothing but prison waiting for todays scummers. I'm talking about the future scumbags. Stop them in their track. It wouldn't stop all future thugs, but they would wittle down and there'd be less and less as the years go by. To suggest that the cycle of Dirtbags can't be stopped is defeatest, look at NY circa 1980's, O.K it's hardly a safe haven now, but it's a hell of a lot safer than it was 20yrs ago.

Students cant claim the Dole. You dope.

Good jaysus :rolleyes:

I was rolling my eyes at you. Your a bit slow aren't you dum dum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Details in brief here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lets round up all the *wealthy* and send them to Limerick.

quick and easy way to sort them out.

F**kin 25% increase on ciggerettes. Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by L4
    F**kin 25% increase on ciggerettes. Bastards.

ROFLMFAO

25%?????????

Are you sure?

Sure it wasnt 25 CENTS......

Now whos slow on the uptake.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by embee
    25%?????????

Are you sure?

Sure it wasnt 25 CENTS......

Now whos slow on the uptake.....

Pffft... even the studenst got that right, maybe if L4 had an education......

The person who told me was 'slow on the uptake' thank you very much.

Originally posted by syke
    Pffft... even the studenst got that right, maybe if L4 had an education......

Im not a student.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by L4
    The person who told me was 'slow on the uptake' thank you very much.

So you couldn't even read it yourself.. man, no wonder you're bitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by embee
    Rigourous qualifying conditions? You have to be unemployed to get the Dole.
    So what, in your eyes people should be REALLY REALLY unemployed?

I think that people should be Really Really unemployed to get the dole, I kno wf a few people who are on the dole and working a pub job at full time hours and even though I know that they have been reported nothing has been doen about it. Perhaps more inspectors could be hired, or get the current ones to do their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Hmmmm
    Budget '03??

wee bit off topic i think

It is indeed BUDGET 04

But alas, hes too much of a fool to notice what year it is..

Its not his fault though.... He never went to college!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

with the ban on fags in public places he should of put a tax on the patches!!! cos a lot of people are goin to give them up in the new year. as for the .25c increase imo its not enough

Advertisement