Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazon List!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Genghis

Fantastic idea! Just ordered a couple of books. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

What a cool idea.

Can only spare enough for 1 book but I'm glad I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

another poor student here but I've sent ye what I could.
    fair play to ye all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Tom/whoever...

cracking idea...

I've noticed that The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton is on the list. Its actually one of a series of three books - the other two being "The Magic Faraway Tree" and "The folk of the Faraway Tree" if memory is working correct.

As a suggestion, I'd add those two missing books to the list...cause then I can buy you a set of all three.

Also...given that there's an announcement somewhere saying "enough game consoles already", maybe you should take the consoles off the wishlist on Amazon?

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Originally posted by bonkey
    Tom/whoever...

cracking idea...

I've noticed that The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton is on the list. Its actually one of a series of three books - the other two being "The Magic Faraway Tree" and "The folk of the Faraway Tree" if memory is working correct.

As a suggestion, I'd add those two missing books to the list...cause then I can buy you a set of all three.

Also...given that there's an announcement somewhere saying "enough game consoles already", maybe you should take the consoles off the wishlist on Amazon?

jc

The other books were on the list but have already been purchased. BTW Tesco's are selling all three as a single hard back for €7.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Occidental
    The other books were on the list but have already been purchased.

Ahh....that would explain it then. Silly me - not looking at the "already purchased" list.....

Ta.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

By the way, two points:

1) I found that one or the other of Irish Fairy Tales (also published as Traditional Irish Fairy Tales) by James Stephens or The King of Ireland's Son by Padraic Colum was listed as unavailable, so went looking for another edition and found one; the Amazon page allowed me to add it to the list. Then I tried the other one, and found a cheaper paperback edition, and that was also added without demur.

2) There's a facility for setting the currency to euros or another currency of your choice, if you want. Very handy.

Oh, and 3) I don't know if this is available on amazon.co.uk, but on amazon.com you can offer friends a 10% discount on the stuff you've bought (a cunning marketing ploy, considering that I cruelly deprive them of income by *lending* my favourite books, CDs, etc to friends at the moment). If you can do this with amazon.co.uk as well, we might, ahem, cut the cost to each other by doing this ;)

If anyone knows how to do this *after* having bought the stuff, do tell.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll look into this but I suspect we are too late.

I *would* have set up some sort of deal or discount or something beforehand but I didnt expect anything like the response I've had.

DeV.

• Advertisement

I emailed amazon.co.uk because I couldn't find this on any page, and they said they didn't offer such a scheme. I didn't get the impression they even knew about the system, which operates on amazon.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Originally posted by luckat
    Oh, and 3) I don't know if this is available on amazon.co.uk, but on amazon.com you can offer friends a 10% discount on the stuff you've bought (a cunning marketing ploy, considering that I cruelly deprive them of income by *lending* my favourite books, CDs, etc to friends at the moment). If you can do this with amazon.co.uk as well, we might, ahem, cut the cost to each other by doing this ;)

That scheme was suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Few books ordered, few pints less. Weh.. :)

Those pesky kids better enjoy them.. :p;)

Taliesin, when was the scheme suspended? I did it a week or so ago on amazon.com, recommending a hapless friend to buy Baraka and various other things; she gave in to temptation all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

There is something odd about that wish list

When I look at it I see..........

Jamie's Dinners by Jamie Oliver
    Sex and the City Trivia Game
    Festive SIL43 Garden Silhouette - 10Mm Motorised Clear Grazing Deer
    A Micowave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

De Rebel wrote:
    There is something odd about that wish list

When I look at it I see..........

Jamie's Dinners by Jamie Oliver
    Sex and the City Trivia Game
    Festive SIL43 Garden Silhouette - 10Mm Motorised Clear Grazing Deer
    A Micowave
    That's not the list. That's just a default amazon page for when you hit a bad link to a wishlist - worked last year but evidently not this year.

Here's last years list http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/registry/U63IJ1CVOO84/ I wouldn't start buying off it yet as it hasn't been updated since last december.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Silly Me. Thought it looke odd allright.

Well is the list going to be updated? I forget these things if I don't do them straignt away. And its a bit odd, everything is in sterling - is that OK? And "Game Boy Advance SP Silver (UK)" - will that work ok here?

Anyway would someone PM me when the list is updated and I'll comeback a buy a few bits.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Great thing to do for the kids. Have you any 'wishes' for stuff for young kids? I've got a sack of cuddly toys and suggest wooden toys for the younger ones. Will get a couple of books too.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This thread is being de-stickied in the anticipation of the 2004 list.

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement