Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded X-Box

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I just bought a secondhand xbox recently and have ordered the xecuter 2.3b+ solderless modchip which im expecting in the next few days. What i want to know is what exactly i do next when i install the chip. From what i have seen on xbox-scene im sure my xbox is a v1.1 and has a 4817 bios. I can't find any simple answers on xbox-scene so any help would be much appreciated. My mirc isnt working properly, so i cant get SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.5_FINAL.exe, does anyone know any other places to get this file?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/evox-install.php

is a good starting place if you aren't going to use slayers/ don't have the bandwidth

everything is in the tutorials section - just got to wade through it all

I think slayers is available on bit torrent also btw

Nige

thanx for replying, well i found slayer on an xbox forum and i have broadband. So i can make a cd out of the iso. But do i have to do something before i put in that cd. Flash the bios or something?

Got it today and only ordered it late on thursday nite, so that was a very quick delivery. I got a sheet with it saying that all the xecuter 2b chips are preflashed with x2 4979.06 bios. Do i just put in that slayer cd when i have the chip installed? And do i have to backup any stuff. eeprom etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

make sure you have the right slayers cos there is one floating around that is corrupt, get the right crc file size from the xbox scene forums and check it with your downloaded one, slayers will work with any bios as far as i know but read the warnings before taking each step!!

checksum: md5 = bb12d38f6d926ae7199ea6808a86751a and crc32 = 7066CE84

SlaYers EvoX Auto-Installer v2.5

http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=search&query=

Thats the info from the above site

This is from xbox-scene

Official filename as downloaded is: SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.5_FINAL.exe

Size of file is: 113610630 bytes

The MD5 is: bb12d38f6d926ae7199ea6808a86751a

The CRC32 is: 1885785732 113610630

The eurasia site looks like a good site but the crc32 numbers are different so does this mean its fake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

RE: playing on Live, why not just buy another cheap second-hand XBox?

And RE: the MS blacklisting of modded Xboxen, how do they do this?
    MAC address or is there some unique signature ID in each machine (possibly they enabled Intels CPU ID number on the Celeron-P3 hybrid?)

I got my brother to install the chip, he tried it without preparing the d0 point but the green led only flashed for a second, so i take it that this means the pogo pin isnt connecting correctly with the d0 point . But the d0 point looks so small, that he doesnt know what he's actually meant to do to that point.

ps: i got mirc working and got slayer off the offical irc room and found out that the chip bios is x2 4981

I cant remember what teh problem was with the different crc except that there was a problem (sorry I cant help you more on that one) there is an easier D0 point underneath the motherboard that can be used ...

i'll give it a go tomorrow. If i was to damage the d0 point would the xbox stop working totally?

it is possible !!! depends on how hot the iron is and how competent you are at soldering.. safest bet is going for underneath, just means more screws to be taken out! (-;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

what are the benefits of modding an xbox? is it just to play copied games?

the crc was because someone released a dodgy version with a backdoor in it.

The banning(afaik) is done by checking what bios you're running and it's rumoured that there have been changes which also check if the hd has been changed from the original. there's loads of possibilities as to what they are checking for or will check for

you can destroy the board by killing the d0 - generally it means that the xbox will only work with the chip in it - but it really depends on how much damage you do - if you're very unsure i think your best bet might be to get it soldered or choose a tsop flash option instead. I'm not a fan of the tsop route but different strokes and all that

Nige

dub_dan it's outlined in this thread but basically copied games plus various homebrew software from divx media players to a decent variety of emulators for snes mega drive n64 etc.

Nige

well!! it gives you regiopn free dvd player without the need to fork out for remote control, it can play divx movies and various other media, you can install emulators and play them, install a bigger hard drive etc... http://www.xbox-scene.com/ has great info on it

There doesnt seem to be anything coming off the d0 point when i try and scrap it(im using a very small screwdriver-but i am being very very careful with it), it just looks like any other point and not what is shown here http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/preparing-d0.php

At the moment the green led flashes for a sec and then goes, does anyone know if thats enough. The makers of the chip say its meant to stay on permenantly but they say some people have said there green led flashes for a few secs and then goes.

ps: im using the xecuter 2.3b+ plus chip so no soldering invloved

Honestly m8 you can't beat a soldered connection, These chips in themselves are perfectly good!! Its just trying to get that do connection to sit properly and then sometmes the connection can expand /contract causing powerloss to the chip! To scrape the D0 point you need either a scalpel or a stanley blade and you very lightly scrape the contour of the via point being very careful not to break the loop!! scalpels can be got in maplins and are worth getting as they are compact and deal with vias very well....good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

I've managed to mod my xbox few months ago with a soldering chip but didn't do any soldering. Just pushed all the connections into the holes then use very little bluetack to hold the wire and it works perfectly!:D

well i got pissed off with it and put it back together, and guess what? xecuter comes up the screen!

But then i extracted/ran the slayer 2.5 file and the iso and pdf file were extracted but nero wont read the iso file. I got the slayer off mirc and www.eurasia.nu and the same thing happens, nero wont read the iso when i want to burn it. And i have a very up to date nero. Dont think god wants me to mod my xbox!

lol - god wants you to solder ;) - if you dl the evox they're talking about in the tutorial i linked to you can do all the stuff slayers does. be prepared to lose your chip if it's not aligned properly though

finally got it burned with nero express at the 50th time of asking, and got all evox and all the apps installed. Tried out that linksboks internet browser which was good and can only get better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭coolerhash

Originally posted by dub_dan
    what are the benefits of modding an xbox? is it just to play copied games?

there are a few benefits for modding your xbox 1 to play your backups and import games 2 leaves your play homebrew and run different apps on your xbox such as linux and there is even a version of windows out there for it now and 3 very important it lets you run emulators such as mame , snes ,sega etc etc

xbox mods pm
    www.xboxireland.tk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

how MS detect you...

methinks they query the HDD partition sizes, if they see anything amiss, youve changed the HDD.

this can be got around by recreating the exact standard partitions, with an extra big one for all of your extra stuff.

so then however or not, byebye xbox live account.

well i got an xbox myself, 70 euro with eircom broadband, and ive been intending to chip it from the start. at the moment its a worthless sack of ****e. need teh mod. recommendations? need a switchable one in case i decide to try that xbox live thingy again. oh, and do they allow the official bios to be updated and such? i am new to this as you can tell.

also i guess ill be lazy and get a solderless one. ideas?

i think they are now checking the hd model rather than size - there are 3 that microsoft have shipped - 2 seagates and one western digital.

all the latest chips are easily disabled - pm me, i'm in clonskeagh

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭coolerhash

mosts of the chips out there you can disable the modchip to allow you play on xbox live as regards the hd check ms do the hd in the xbox is locked so if you put in a bigger hd you have to make sure you lock it and have the right partitions on it as they do a check to see if it is locked

xboxmods pm
    www.xboxireland.tk

elmer is right .. microsoft are also checking hard drive sigs - which is new - and even people with the latest bios(4981) who have upgraded their hard drive are getting blocked form xbox live... there are plenty of alternatives out eg xbconnect which offer great online gaming. check out my site upmanu.com there are some pretty good links for info there (-;

Advertisement