Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voyager on a go slow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

how convenient, theres a couple of books tying in what the enterprise E was doing around the time of the war, surpisingly there called the dominion war :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

and i was thinking

the last borg cube took so long to destroy because none of the ship's in the feddy tast force was fireing q-torps .......When the enterprise came in a fired ONLY 4 Q-torps at the borg cube (fair enough a "weak spot") it ripped a HUGE hole in the hull that the rest of the ship's then started bashing away at

also only 4 torps destroyed a borg sphear

only 4 Q-torps took the scimitar's cloak off line

maybe just maybe it is possible for the federasion to take out borg cube's pritty easy

well i'd say the borg cube was weakened enough already and i'm sure the defiant had quantum torpedoe's also.

with regards to the sphere iirc its and the enterprises shields where down after the time travel thats why it was destroyed so easy but also gave them an opportunity to transport to the enterprise.

i'm not sure of the yield difference between quantum and photon torpedoes theres something to look up

you have to remember that the fleet was fighting a running battle with the borg cube/fleet ......for a good few hour's

they would soon run out of quntums

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by bizmark
    and i was thinking

the last borg cube took so long to destroy because none of the ship's in the feddy tast force was fireing q-torps .......When the enterprise came in a fired ONLY 4 Q-torps at the borg cube (fair enough a "weak spot") it ripped a HUGE hole in the hull that the rest of the ship's then started bashing away at

also only 4 torps destroyed a borg sphear

only 4 Q-torps took the scimitar's cloak off line

maybe just maybe it is possible for the federasion to take out borg cube's pritty easy
    I seen an Akira class flying about, they fire quantums too, and remember the first time the borg attacked the federations photons had virtually no efferct, by the time the enterprise got there the cube had sustained heavy damage ;)

• Advertisement

:D every one seems to overlook the "days long running battle" you fire your best first and fall back on the second best when they run out

the akira is ment (i dont bleave it myself) to have 15 torp launchers and 3000 torp's they would go pritty quick against 48 cubes

15 tube nah i don't believe it either, the akira class is not a warship iirc i'd say its more of a scout nearly, its nice ship design though

its a light cruiser

the intrepid is starfleets scout :D

iirc the akira class came out with first contact they decided that it was time for the fleet to get a coule of new ships (those excelsior classes had been really doing the rounds) i think some of the other classes seen in it where something like the norway class, sabre class, steamrunner class. most of them are quite small ships though i think

ya pritty much all the ships but the akira class where small little destoryer class

it was about time that they got some new ship's even if we have only seen the akira ever again after first contact

• Advertisement

there was that small little science ship that replaced the oberth class i presume, the u.s.s equinox, nova class i think again nice ship i think there has been a variant also

Ya the nova is a nice little ship makes way more sence than the obert

and that other nova class was from 30 year's in the future so they dont count :) rode island harry kim's ship

ah so thats the variant, the uss challenger i think? or was that something else?

uss challenger as far as i know is a galaxy class starship

hmm is that the one that the jem'hadar rammed in the search or am i completely confused now :)

That was the Uss Odyssey

I just remember what challenger was .......It was geordi's ship Galaxy class Uss Challenger it was sent to capture the Delta flyer when kim and the first officer (im not spelling his name!) robbed it to save voyager being traped under a ice planet

ah yes thats it, that was a good episode iirc.

indeed it was good

wish we seen more galaxy class ships in star trek Every thing with them in it rules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

all of janeways careless destruction to subspace sickens me, she should have been pulled over for breaking the speed limit.

calm down, calm down. Voyager doesn't harm subspace by using high warp, it was designed with this taken into account and that is why its warp engines go into a v-shape when it goes to warp.

Advances in federation technology have no stopped damage to subspace in general and this v-shaped warp engine design is not necessary on more modern ship such as the sovereign class and the akira class etc.

• Advertisement

ya but janway should of been shot for declearing war or pritty much EVERY race in the delta quad

a different issue entirely though :) perhaps she should do starfleet diplomacy training 101

Advertisement